A Stand Up Campaign

Just say Chavs. :wink:

I hate people like that. Scum. Never in my life have I been in bother with a steward other than the day the lad at the food place dropped my pie and wouldn't offer a refund. Also at Everton. I got told to sit down but my seat was that old it took 5 other lads to knock it down.

So just twice then! :grin:

its strupidity, end no one yet cn give me an explqnation, when kicking towards the RRE why do people have to jump up no need u can still see sat dwn just as well as u can stood up, dont make any sense whatsoever,

this argument will go on and on and on, bu the standers cannot provide a reasonable point for doing so, or no one as so far apart from " we want to stand" ????????????????

its strupidity, end no one yet cn give me an explqnation, when kicking towards the RRE why do people have to jump up no need u can still see sat dwn just as well as u can stood up, dont make any sense whatsoever,

this argument will go on and on and on, bu the standers cannot provide a reasonable point for doing so, or no one as so far apart from " we want to stand" ????????????????

:) translation? lol oj

Not in the greater scheme of things no, however it was you would said you had never been in bother with a steward OTHER THAN.....

So therefore it was actually you who described it as bother, not me, just to be pedantic !! :grin:

Come on! How is not being able to get a seat down or some idiot dropping a pie, me getting in bother. I can't be doing with you lot! :wink:

:laught16:

I'd just like to clarify that I have never broke a seat or dropped anyone's pie... :unsure:

OAFCguy, you seem a decent lad - and I mean that honestly, not patronising.

There will always be a debate about standing, but the way to register your protest is to sign up to the websites someone else posted in this thread, not risk getting yourself in bother with the stewards and the club.

:laught16:

I'd just like to clarify that I have never broke a seat or dropped anyone's pie... :unsure:

OAFCguy, you seem a decent lad - and I mean that honestly, not patronising.

There will always be a debate about standing, but the way to register your protest is to sign up to the websites someone else posted in this thread, not risk getting yourself in bother with the stewards and the club.

Yeah I suppose you're right. The Sex Pistols were all England had. :wink:

Cheers by the way! ^_^

:) translation? lol oj

basically why do people jump up when we are attacking the RRE if you sat in you bloody seat you would still be able to see the ball rocket in the back of the net, and would not miss a thing so why do it ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? the play is right in front of you, and when kicking towards the chaddy, people stay sat down when the play is at the other end of theof the field,

mentality right out the window wiv that one, dont have people immediately in front that stand up all game, apart from a couple of young whiipper snappers bout two or three rows in front but do get told by others to sit

I used to be a big advocate of allowing standing at football games (in stadia which is supposed to be all seated), either that or you start throwing people out for it (so enforcing the law as a law is useless if you don't enforce it- it becomes a suggestion) and you start at the big clubs first and allow the thing to filter on down the league, by the time it got to us we ought to be wised up enough not to stand. (However that option would probably require the use of all the police forces in the country at the Trafford Megabowl so isn't viable). But due to recent circumstances I'm not so much anymore.

Now it becomes rant time and I apologise in advance for doing so. Some people can't stand for long periods of time, I for one am currently on two crutches and although I could stand I don't see why I should because the bloke in front of me is breaking the law. This is why I've moved from my regular seat (for this season at least) in amongst the standees in the Chaddy (where I stand more often than not because the bloke(s) in my line of sight are) to the front row near to where the Lookers was, (where I actually have a worse view in terms of posts and whatnot but can to it easier from the disabled bit of the car park). This means that I have put myself out because trying to get people to remain seated for an entire game is impossible where I was in the Chaddy. Yet when getting beat by Yeovil with 10 minutes to go the number of people stood in front of me (remember I'm on the front row) on the walkway in front of the disabled section, right by stewards, without being told to sit back down (apart from by me but it wasn't easy for them to hear me) was astonishing. All the people stood in front of me could quite easily have seen just as well by staying in their seats but they decided to move, (and in the process block of fire exit- very much against Health and Safety) just so they could get to their car that little bit earlier. People leaving early is not something I like but I understand it but if you are going to leave early actually do so don't stay for an extra 5 minutes just because we are attacking and definately don't stay in a manner which reduces other people's enjoyment. I'm not the only Oldham fan who finds standing up bothersome through no fault of their own and feel that why should I put myself out more just because the of the 'civil liberties' of the person(s) in front of me. If you do want to stand that much why don't you go to the back (not in the RRE where you still block the disabled section) and stand up there. I don't see to many people at the rugby, cinema, opera or theatre standing in a seated area and maybe this is why they have far more civil liberties than the average football fan (as Diego keeps saying- and I find myself agreeing with him). Let me put it to you this way your civil liberties may be affected (in your opinion) by not being able to stand but they would be affected a lot more if I stuff one of my crutches where the sun doesn't shine if you stand in front of me.

I used to be a big advocate of allowing standing at football games (in stadia which is supposed to be all seated), either that or you start throwing people out for it (so enforcing the law as a law is useless if you don't enforce it- it becomes a suggestion) and you start at the big clubs first and allow the thing to filter on down the league, by the time it got to us we ought to be wised up enough not to stand. (However that option would probably require the use of all the police forces in the country at the Trafford Megabowl so isn't viable). But due to recent circumstances I'm not so much anymore.

Now it becomes rant time and I apologise in advance for doing so. Some people can't stand for long periods of time, I for one am currently on two crutches and although I could stand I don't see why I should because the bloke in front of me is breaking the law. This is why I've moved from my regular seat (for this season at least) in amongst the standees in the Chaddy (where I stand more often than not because the bloke(s) in my line of sight are) to the front row near to where the Lookers was, (where I actually have a worse view in terms of posts and whatnot but can to it easier from the disabled bit of the car park). This means that I have put myself out because trying to get people to remain seated for an entire game is impossible where I was in the Chaddy. Yet when getting beat by Yeovil with 10 minutes to go the number of people stood in front of me (remember I'm on the front row) on the walkway in front of the disabled section, right by stewards, without being told to sit back down (apart from by me but it wasn't easy for them to hear me) was astonishing. All the people stood in front of me could quite easily have seen just as well by staying in their seats but they decided to move, (and in the process block of fire exit- very much against Health and Safety) just so they could get to their car that little bit earlier. People leaving early is not something I like but I understand it but if you are going to leave early actually do so don't stay for an extra 5 minutes just because we are attacking and definately don't stay in a manner which reduces other people's enjoyment. I'm not the only Oldham fan who finds standing up bothersome through no fault of their own and feel that why should I put myself out more just because the of the 'civil liberties' of the person(s) in front of me. If you do want to stand that much why don't you go to the back (not in the RRE where you still block the disabled section) and stand up there. I don't see to many people at the rugby, cinema, opera or theatre standing in a seated area and maybe this is why they have far more civil liberties than the average football fan (as Diego keeps saying- and I find myself agreeing with him). Let me put it to you this way your civil liberties may be affected (in your opinion) by not being able to stand but they would be affected a lot more if I stuff one of my crutches where the sun doesn't shine if you stand in front of me.

... Where abouts in the Bible can I find that?

This changes my opinions.

I used to be a big advocate of allowing standing at football games....but they would be affected a lot more if I stuff one of my crutches where the sun doesn't shine if you stand in front of me.

Is the word, "self-centred," out of order here? Correct me if I am wrong, but because you know have an injury you expect everyone else to stop the sort of behaviour you were entirely in favour of in the past? The mind boggles

I think the fact where talking about civil liberties at a football match is where its all going wrong :)

Seriously though, the only sensible option is to have standing and seating areas..... Problem resolved....

Is the word, "self-centred," out of order here? Correct me if I am wrong, but because you know have an injury you expect everyone else to stop the sort of behaviour you were entirely in favour of in the past? The mind boggles

Good point.... And kind of shows up exactly whats going on here...

No and I will admit it is a bit self-centred but so is standing up in front of someone who can't- something I was always very careful not to do in the past. I'm in favour of having standing areas at football if everyone knows that particular area is a standing area and so those people who can't stand up avoid it (which I have done). However to stand up just because you feel like it (despite it of being against the law) and hence reducing the enjoyment of those around you is not right I think. I know someone who enjoys standing at football games but with the rise of all-seater stadia he has started going to the back of the stand he is in so he can stand up without being in anyone's line of vision and if all those people who like to stand did that then I don't think we would be having this debate.

note: Provided the diasbled section isn't at the back of the stand like it is in the RRE.

Edited by rudemedic

Neiladamsheadband, you're officially my hero. You just invented a brand new word - Strupidity - and I for one am going to use it all day tomorrow!

Oh and on subject, did we get fined when Leeds stood up in the RRE all the way through the game last season? Or would Leeds get the fine?

Like many, I much prefer to stand at games...I'm fortunate enough to be just about old enough to remember the standing terraces of the Chaddy End, Paddocks, and the RRE.

This has probably been mentioned before, and may be totally nonviable, but I'd love it if the Club made the site of the former Lookers stand into some sort of Standing Terrace whilst the Stadium redevelopment is on hold. Of course, there's no call for it at present so it's not going to happen....it'd be great if the club looked at incorporating some sort of standing area into one of the new stands - like the Haliwell Jones stadium in Warrington.

Erm, its not YOUR choice to stand, its the LAW.

Get off your moral high horse! Its against the LAW to speed but i bet you and the majority do it (for e.g)..

Just watching the Wolves/Birmingham game and half the grounds stood up ... it seems the football authorities and those who enforce it have got it wrong .. they concentrate on the minority and turn a blind eye when the majority do it. Yes it`s the stewards job to try and enforce it but a bit of common sense needs to be used, like they did against Hudds i think ... Take a note out of Rochdale`s stewards!

You get in a car, and you abide a set of rules - you can choose not to do so, and you run the risk of being penalised suitably with respect to the offence. You enter an all seater stadia with a club-patron contract stating that persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden, you abide by these rules (and others) - you can choose not to do so of course, and you run the risk of being penalised suitably with respect to the offence.

I think that clears up any grey areas we might have. Choice, regulation, and penalty.

I for one would not be the least bit surprised with a penalty for a driving offence that I have committed. By the same token, fans should not feel aggrieved when their collars are felt for persistent standing in an all-seater stadium.

Never in my lifetime have I been drunk. Well, there was one time. Oh yes, and that other time. And..............

Wasn't it Paul Young, Marvin Gaye, Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong who said:

I'm the type of man who is always on the roam,

wherever I lay my hat that's my home

about waking up in Eastbourne?

Just to let you know your adopted resting place team got spread out thinly by the 'top of the table' Brewers today. :grin: