Best OG

Scott McNiven's a good while ago was a beaut, think he managed to slice it over Gary Kelly from outside his own box. Think it was our first back in the hellhole of a division.

V Millwall at home March '98, gave the lions a point after Barlow put us 1-0 up! Oh and our very own Mark Crossley was in goal for Millwall that day on loan from Forest and sporting the mother of all crappy perms!

have to agree also a good quiz question "which world cup winner scored for latics"

have a vague recolection of keith hicks scoring a brace of own goals against hereford can any one confirm think we lost 5-3

Hicks did actually score 2 OG's in that match.

IIRC we were actually winning at half time.

Cheers,

Harry

Agree about Killer's against dirty Leeds.

Best og by opposition has to be 6ft 7in Kevin Francis for Birmingham. After half-time he'd forgotten they'd changed ends and, as a Latics corner came over, he drew back his neck to power a header into the Chaddy End net to cries of "One Kevin Francis!" from the Latiics Faithful. Priceless!

He was substituted immediately afterwards. :grin:

My Dad got remarried that day.

I went to the game instead and laughed my bollocks off when the beanpole scored.

KtF,

Derek.