On his facebook he stated "..has just had an interesting phone call", followed by "doesnt know what to do"

Further messages linking him to Hull (windass exchange mentioned), West Brom, Wolves e.t.c

Anyone know anything?

Very gutted if he goes as Ive just bought a new home shirt with Hughes on the back, obviously along with the fact that that will almost definately shatter my 2nd place league prediction this year!! :angry:

Must be true then. Thanks guys :D

No worries - cant belive you bought a hughes shirt now though.... honestly, any shirts bought now with Hughes or taylor on the back could have avery short shelf life...

Not as short as Jss's Ricketts shirt though... obviously :wink:

No worries - cant belive you bought a hughes shirt now though.... honestly, any shirts bought now with Hughes or taylor on the back could have avery short shelf life...

Not as short as Jss's Ricketts shirt though... obviously :wink:

Non-'Tic friend: 'Which Ricketts is that?'

jsslatic: 'Michael.'

Non-'Tic friend: Michael Ricketts played for Oldham?

Every. single. time.

Guest oa_exile
I had it worse... I had Forbes on the back of the only one I had till recently!! :o

Sorry Joe, BUT why the :censored: would you have Forbes actually printed on a £40 shirt ? :shock:

Saying a team did decide to come in with an offer, how much would people expect the offer to be?

Considering his age and injury issues, for what we'd be offered for him from any side there'd be absolutely no point in selling him because he brings us so much more. There isn't another striker with his intelligence and level of anticipation in this league, but as I say, his age and previous fitness troubles would leave quite a few fans on here rather shocked at his selling price. He isn't worth as much as people think he is. I think he's a quality striker, but for the two listed reasons, he wouldn't fetch the price some think he would.

If he wants out, that's a different issue.

Ricketts- at least he played for England. Whittle- a legend. I once had 'Barlow 3' on the back of a shirt I got given for xmas. It was to replace a shirt which was out of date- sponsor change- and my dad knowing I liked Nicky Henry thought it was the next best thing.

Ricketts- at least he played for England. Whittle- a legend. I once had 'Barlow 3' on the back of a shirt I got given for xmas. It was to replace a shirt which was out of date- sponsor change- and my dad knowing I liked Nicky Henry thought it was the next best thing.

Not to ask the obvious question... if your dad knew you like Henry - why did he get the next best thing and not get Henry on the back... though I'd personally always go for the old puddin'maestro...

As for the Wardle grenade lobbed in there re: hughesy.... I think the last two games say it all really. I think Hughesy will go on a run now.... I'm predictung he will have 15 goals come the jan transfer window, and I think it is innevitable some teams will try their luck with a few radically undervalued bids... Its then up to Mr Corney how much he wants promotion then isnt it... we wont get it without Hughesy...

Have a feeling its Hughesy or Taylor out of the door come January... the more interesting question may be which of those do you think we would miss most? Tough one... but for short term viewpoint its hard to see how we will get promotion without hughes' goals and general play... the games without him proved that, and tbh, we havent a bloody clue how well we play without taylor - he always plays!

I think there may be quite a few contract offers flying in to Hughes' agent for next season.... would you blame him if he signed one, as i'm bloomin sure one of them wont be from Oldham at the moment...

Not to ask the obvious question... if your dad knew you like Henry - why did he get the next best thing and not get Henry on the back... though I'd personally always go for the old puddin'maestro...

As for the Wardle grenade lobbed in there re: hughesy.... I think the last two games say it all really. I think Hughesy will go on a run now.... I'm predictung he will have 15 goals come the jan transfer window, and I think it is innevitable some teams will try their luck with a few radically undervalued bids... Its then up to Mr Corney how much he wants promotion then isnt it... we wont get it without Hughesy...

Have a feeling its Hughesy or Taylor out of the door come January... the more interesting question may be which of those do you think we would miss most? Tough one... but for short term viewpoint its hard to see how we will get promotion without hughes' goals and general play... the games without him proved that, and tbh, we havent a bloody clue how well we play without taylor - he always plays!

I think there may be quite a few contract offers flying in to Hughes' agent for next season.... would you blame him if he signed one, as i'm bloomin sure one of them wont be from Oldham at the moment...

I think Eardley is both the most likely to go and the easiest to replace, the latter purely because he is a full back. I will be gutted when he turns out to be at least a Championship standard goalscoring central midfielder though. Logic says Hughesy's age and injuries will count against him, but he will score goals a level up and someone might just try a cheeky £300k bid for him to save their season. Taylor must be as hot a property as this division has had for a while and the price has to reflect that. He is unlike a Wellens or Beckett who other teams have envied and desired in that he could play with better players without needing to adapt his game, other than that he might not always have 3 markers