Leeds at home moved forward to 02/03/08...

Yes, 5 years back, this one, so we are overdue really.

Just reading that article it states the Trust raised 500k...that reminded me about the amount of fund-raising they and many others did...phenomenal amount. Cracking effort which should not be forgotten.

Back to the topic, did we not play Brentford in the league and that was on SKY only a few years back (we're still well overdue an appearance on the box for a League Game though!!)

Edited by Yard Dog

The Vale game was the one with Eyres' 'pin-point' free kick from 40 yards with about 5 minutes to go.

We are overdue a league appearance...and I find it particularly annoying that the ruddy Conference gets a game every week and if we're lucky we happen to be playing Leeds on one of the three weeks they're shown.

Whilst of course the FL has to negotiate a contract as a whole, it seems L1 and particularly L2 clubs get a bit of a raw deal when it comes to live televising.

Personally I find it ridiculous we have signed up to this. We are away at Millwall, a promotion contender on the Sat. We will travel back Sat and perhaps back too late to train Sun. If we are playing Mon evening then there are no training sessions for prep between games with two of our promotion rivals. Disappointed we havent kicked up a fuss, even if it is worth approx £20k (amount for live league game).

I just dont see how it will help us. A days break would have been great. Unless there are Prem games / /Champs League games that week, why cant we play on tues on TV. Silly decision. Hope it doesnt cost us

Personally I find it ridiculous we have signed up to this. We are away at Millwall, a promotion contender on the Sat. We will travel back Sat and perhaps back too late to train Sun. If we are playing Mon evening then there are no training sessions for prep between games with two of our promotion rivals. Disappointed we havent kicked up a fuss, even if it is worth approx £20k (amount for live league game).

I just dont see how it will help us. A days break would have been great. Unless there are Prem games / /Champs League games that week, why cant we play on tues on TV. Silly decision. Hope it doesnt cost us

Please be real. It's part of the contract between the League and Sky.

Look on the bright side... when Hughesy scores a hat-trick then gets sent off at Millwall, at least the game will take place within the 7 days before his suspension kicks in....

...also, Leeds play Scunny on the saturday... not exactly an easy warm up for them before the game, and they will be in the same boat for lack of preparation... not as much travelling, however at least we are at home for the second game....

In terms of match prep, I'd imagaine the tactical set up will be reasonable similar for both.... except the whole dont get yourself killed pre-match talk at Millwall... just then need to tweak anything re: injuries... plus, we have a big squad, remmeber :wink:

Look on the bright side... when Hughesy scores a hat-trick then gets sent off at Millwall, at least the game will take place within the 7 days before his suspension kicks in....

...also, Leeds play Scunny on the saturday... not exactly an easy warm up for them before the game, and they will be in the same boat for lack of preparation... not as much travelling, however at least we are at home for the second game....

In terms of match prep, I'd imagaine the tactical set up will be reasonable similar for both.... except the whole dont get yourself killed pre-match talk at Millwall... just then need to tweak anything re: injuries... plus, we have a big squad, remmeber :wink:

Hasn't the loan market kicked back in though then? We all know Shez....owt could happen! :grin: