Oldham vs Leicester Game Live on Sky TV

The Walkers (Crisp) Bowl is a nightmare to get out if in a car. Went to the conference play-offs a few years back with a Hereford mate and it took HOURS to get out.

One I am happy to watch on TV.

The Internet Fans' Guide states:

Plenty of street parking to be found (especially around the Upperton Road area and on streets running off the A5460 by the railway bridge. It is then around a 15 minute walk to the stadium), although as one fan warns; 'don't double park as the traffic wardens tend to have a field day at every match'. Alternatively you can park at Leicester Rugby Club (£3) which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium.

The Internet Fans' Guide states:

Plenty of street parking to be found (especially around the Upperton Road area and on streets running off the A5460 by the railway bridge. It is then around a 15 minute walk to the stadium), although as one fan warns; 'don't double park as the traffic wardens tend to have a field day at every match'. Alternatively you can park at Leicester Rugby Club (£3) which is a ten minute walk away from the stadium.

Well not sure of the areas. But there was a main A road from the general area of the ground out of the area heading to the motorway. About 5 miles long. There was a right hand turn at traffic lights to the motorway on a filter that let 2 cars through a go. It was about 7.30pm at night so not busy for any other reason and the ground about 60% full.

Nice (if bland) stadium though.

Sorry - I'll take Sky HD, pack of beers and a takeaway rather than sit through that again,

The Walkers (Crisp) Bowl is a nightmare to get out if in a car. Went to the conference play-offs a few years back with a Hereford mate and it took HOURS to get out.

One I am happy to watch on TV.

I would have hoped that you would have had enough morality to travel there by donkey rather than car and not murder the planet.

Oh sorry, wrong thread.

Not getting at you personally, and I appreciate you were talking about the traffic, but that last sentence sums up the counter-attraction that TTA are up against.

Yes l can understand your point of view and agree to it but if somebody doesn't want to go they won't. People want to see better football so will go to the better teams. Than teams like us.

Yes l can understand your point of view and agree to it but if somebody doesn't want to go they won't. People want to see better football so will go to the better teams. Than teams like us.

If they go to watch another team, then OK. If they sit at home and spend money on frivolities like SkyTV and beer, instead of helping out TTA, then we are doomed. :wink:

Quick response to a a few comments:

Regarding the donkey rather than killing the planet - we car shared with 5 people which is actually a fairly resonable decision. Especially when going to a fixture you do not know the end time of so planning public transport is more difficult. I am (fairly) concious of the environmdental implications of my actions and make many conusmer decisions based upon least environmental or ethical impacts.

Watching football on TV rather than travel. I understand your comments but on a personal level this is an unusal decision for me - and its based upon KO time and the fact I had a miserable experience last time I visited. Whilst I have Sky and Setanta subs, I go to all home games (ST) and a fair number of away games.

With regards to wasting money on frivalous things such as BEER? You sir and clearly mad. Many things in life could be considered frivolous - beer is not one of them.