Aaron Chalmers

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
The young lads dropped a bollock, will probably regret it, time to move on.

That is what happens when you dont wear Latics regulation shorts during training.

Guest oa_exile

Int' Chron

Athletic cancel Chalmers deal

Reporter: TONY BUGBY

Date online: 02/12/2008

ATHLETIC have cancelled the contract of teenager Aaron Chalmers for disciplinary reasons.

It is understood Athletic had lost patience with the 17-year-old defender/midfield player who had been involved in a number of misdemeanours.

The Miles Platting-born Chalmers, who joined Athletic at the age of nine, had been regarded as a player of promise as underlined by him breaking into the first team last season while a first-year scholar.

Chalmers, who had been on non-contract terms this season, made his league debut as a substitute against Leyton Orient in April and the same month had a cameo role at Northampton.

Earlier in the campaign Chalmers, then still 16 years of age, had been an unused substitute in the Johnstone’ Paints Trophy at Accrington Stanley and FA Cup-tie at Doncaster Rovers.

Apparently the final straw was the Morecambe match in the cup, he went double footed into a player and then got subbed , he then waited for the player in the tunnel and had to be held back by his team mates

Shows commitment to the cause, if Chris Taylor showed as much commitment in training as Chalmers does in tunnels then Kelvin Lomax would........ how does this go again?

Shows commitment to the cause, if Chris Taylor showed as much commitment in training as Chalmers does in tunnels then Kelvin Lomax would........ how does this go again?

Maybe he learned how to do two footed tackling from Taylor but refuses to focus on adopting the feotal position after being fouled?

Maybe he learned how to do two footed tackling from Taylor but refuses to focus on adopting the feotal position after being fouled?

I know the reason why he's been sacked. I'm not going to say though, because no doubt the Mods will close the thread and put my account under close scrutiny again for publicly revealing!!

:laught16:

Got to laugh. Good response. Clearly no offence taken. :D

I doubt it'll be a massive secret - there's bound to be some people that know. Bottom line is he's screwed up in a bad way, maybe missed out on his chance to be a professional footballer. Silly boy.

I doubt it'll be a massive secret - there's bound to be some people that know. Bottom line is he's screwed up in a bad way, maybe missed out on his chance to be a professional footballer. Silly boy.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark. I reckon that the coaching staff were annoyed with him anyway because he kept p*****g around in training, and that TP had made several complaints to Sheridan. I also think the final straw came when he refused to do a drugs test, thus embarrassing the club in front of testers and making it out like he had something to hide. Probably just full of :censored: though.

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark. I reckon that the coaching staff were annoyed with him anyway because he kept p*****g around in training, and that TP had made several complaints to Sheridan. I also think the final straw came when he refused to do a drugs test, thus embarrassing the club in front of testers and making it out like he had something to hide. Probably just full of :censored: though.

Good :censored: though ... by the sound of it ... :o:grin: