Only 2600 at Huddersfield

Guest sheridans_world

The stand we are normally in holds 4054 so unless they are using the segregation, which is built in at the back, I dont understand why they would only give us 2600.

After a quick look on their website, they are selling home tickets in the away end. The capacity is 24500 so its strange as their highest attendance is 16,212 vs. Leicester, surley leaving more than 8000 seats empty.

I think Diego should draft an email to Alan Hardy/Huddersfield Town.

Guest sheridans_world

More research!

Away attendances this season:

Stockport less than 1800

Leciester less than 2500.

Maybe that is the basis of their decision?

However we took 2518 (when we were in a worse position) and the season before we took just less than 3000.

Oh and the 3000 game, season 06/07. This was the team:

Les POGLIACOMI, Neal EARDLEY, Will HAINING ©, Sean GREGAN, Simon CHARLTON, Andy LIDDELL, Gary McDONALD (Craig Rocastle 83), Chris TAYLOR (Marc Tierney 77), Paul WARNE, Chris PORTER, Richie WELLENS (Tomasz Cywka 83).

Subs Not Used: Chris HALL, Adam LEGZDINS.

With Macdonald, Porter and Warne scoring the 3 goals to win 3-0.

More research!

Away attendances this season:

Stockport less than 1800

Leciester less than 2500.

Maybe that is the basis of their decision?

However we took 2518 (when we were in a worse position) and the season before we took just less than 3000.

Oh and the 3000 game, season 06/07. This was the team:

Les POGLIACOMI, Neal EARDLEY, Will HAINING ©, Sean GREGAN, Simon CHARLTON, Andy LIDDELL, Gary McDONALD (Craig Rocastle 83), Chris TAYLOR (Marc Tierney 77), Paul WARNE, Chris PORTER, Richie WELLENS (Tomasz Cywka 83).

Subs Not Used: Chris HALL, Adam LEGZDINS.

With Macdonald, Porter and Warne scoring the 3 goals to win 3-0.

Oh yes!!! the 3000 away supporters that filled the entire away end

Guest sheridans_world
didnt we take around 4K for the Dowie playoff season?

11000 were there to see us draw 1-1

How many latics, 3595

Oh P.s. The team :wink:

David Miskelly, Fitz Hall, Clint Hill, Will Haining(Darren Sheridan 45), Josh Low, Julian Baudet, Paul Murray, Tony Carss, David Eyres(Scott Vernon 83), Carlo Corazzin(Wayne Andrews 58), Clyde Wijnhard.

Unused Subs: Danny Boshell and Duncan Roberts

Tony Carss scored the goal

So let me get this right last year we took almost the number of seats they've given us this time around. The two away games before (when we were in similar positions) we took more. I know its around xmas and especially in the current financial climate people might be wanting to save their money but I would think a lot of people (like exiles) who might not go to the game will go because its the last weekend of the festive season and they are off work/uni/whatever. I can see no sense whatsoever in a ground which won't be full giving us less tickets than fans who are going to travel. We WILL take more than 2600 to Hudds and if that's all the tickets we are going to receive then there will be Oldham fans with strange 2 hour long Yorkshire accents in the home end. After what happened at Stockport I would think GMP and their Yorkshire counterparts will have communicated so we get more than enough tickets but obviously this is not the case. I hope this gets resolved soon and whoever the genius (or genii) was behind giving us relatively so few tickets realises what the consequences are going to be and acts accordingly.

I think Diego should draft an email to Alan Hardy/Huddersfield Town.

Nobody wanted to know when Mrs. S. and I were ejected, with other peaceful supporters, from the pub in Southend. So why should I get involved in trying to increase the number of tickets to cater for the part-timers, in a game to replace their third round F.A. Cup blank on the calendar?

At first I thought they must have sold season tickets in the end that used to be exclusively for away fans. If that had been the case I'd have said fair enough because then they'd be in the same boat as us where they can't give away fans any more than two thirds of the stand even if they want to. However judging by their website it doesn't look like they did sell season tickets in that stand in which case having home and away fans share that stand for this game just seems crazy.

Going off Simon's figures the combined capacity of the 3 stands that don't house away fans is approx 20,500.

I imagine safety regulations will force them to operate on the assumption that all 16,000 of their season ticket holders are going to turn up (even though they never do) but that still leaves 4,500 seats available for people to pay on the day.

With 16,000 season ticket holders nigh on anybody with a modicum of interest in Huddersfield Town must own one, and if they don't, the chances are they know somebody who does and isn't going to the Oldham game, so there's not a chance they'll get 4,500 paying on the day.

I just can't understand therefore why they would want to:

1) risk missing out on revenue when there is a possibility that we might take more than 2,600

and 2) make the game harder and probably more expensive to police/steward by having home and away fans share a stand when there is no need to do so.

Just seems daft to me.

Edited by M_OAFC

Yeah they have been letting home fans sit in the usual away end (dont know what segregation they have in place) with 600 tickets being made available for them. So far against Yeovil (113 away fans) and Leyton Orient (129 away fans), with Walsall and Hereford to come. I hope to god there not planning on doing this against us, as its going to turn into more trouble than its worth!

Maybe its just a case of, see how you do flogging that batch of tickets, and come back to us if you need more?? (but then again why not just give us the full lot in the 1st place)

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

I think the confusing factor is that in a case where they give us so many tickets, then if we sell them out they give us more they use the term "initial allocation", but the OS says "Athletic have been allocated 2600 seats for the game at the Galpharm" and scroll down it says in capitals ALL TICKET. We'll see what happens, I'm sure Leicester got the entire stand

I think the confusing factor is that in a case where they give us so many tickets, then if we sell them out they give us more they use the term "initial allocation", but the OS says "Athletic have been allocated 2600 seats for the game at the Galpharm" and scroll down it says in capitals ALL TICKET. We'll see what happens, I'm sure Leicester got the entire stand

I better get mine then - had no problems gettting Stockport tickets from here... When do they go on sale? Cheers.

Why you think that?

I think if weve had a decent xmas we`ll easily sell it out tbh.

just got a feeling we wont and the ALL TICKET thing wont help, yeah stockport was all ticket and we sold out but we havent played them in the league for years i might be wrong but im not holding my breath that we will sell out... (please prove me wrong)

and home fans in the away end thats just stupid and bitter because thats all we could give them at are place (2700)

wouldnt that just cost them more in stewards, when you see them score on telly the end behind there goal isnt full so just shove them in there EASY...

think about it HUDDS its not hard

Edited by kellysheroes

I dont think home fans are in there for our game ... ive looked on there website cant see any evidence for it, and the Hudds fans ive spoke to think we will get more if we sell out ... and they also said they only use the away end for homes fans if they anticipate a small away following.

Maybe then it's just a case of them not wanting to sell the block or 2 at either end of the stand unless we sell enough, so as to keep as much distance between home and away fans as possible, which you wouldn't think was necessary when they are in separate stands but I've seen them cordon off the end blocks at Huddersfield before so it's something they appear to like to do.

And then presumably if we sell the 2600 they'll put the rest on sale. If that happens and there are still like a 1000 seats left on the day, which I'm sure there will be because I can't see us selling 4000, then I hope they scrap the all ticket thing at that stage. Our away followings are quite notorious for not being arsed to buy in advance but being happy to turn up on the day or making late decions to go etc so it could add a few hundred on if they scrapped the all ticket restriction but at the moment I think they are just saying all ticket so they can measure the likelihood of needing to open those additional blocks.

Edited by M_OAFC