Craig Davies to Leeds

I agree Davies headbutt was blown out of all proportion and the punishment and derision he got afterwards hasn't helped at all. The player has a lot of talent and no doubt will show it wherever he goes at first, then he'll flatter to decieve again. If Leeds come in with £300k for him, they can gladly take him away.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you want to big him up so you can use him as a stick to beat Hughes up with Coco, but there is a point where it looks ridiculous. Even last season when he was doing well he looked like a powderkeg waiting to go off half the time – must have easily been half a dozen occasions when he had to be held back from completely needless situations, but just for a couple of seconds but for minutes. And there was that kidnapping business, and that prolonged ban from international football, and the fact that he’s in his early 20s and has already had half a dozen clubs... No, he’s a level headed lad who never causes any problems at all.

But that stuff was hardly unknown when we signed him and it's down to the manager to help him with that (although I don't remember him coming close to exploding last season, or more than any other player), and given who the managers brother is he should know a bit about headcases on the pitch.

I agree with the loan signings, and COG getting loaned out in parallel was a head-scratcher - but scoring a hattrick in the ressies doesn't guarantee success in the first team does it?

I don't understand then why he misfired like a old Triumph when he ran out on a Saturday afternoon with a Latics top on. Because he's managing to do the job he's supposed to at Stockport. A baffling turn of character then it seems, that nobody seems to know the answer to.

He said it himself, he's being given the chance to start games.

And there was that kidnapping business

Any links to this?

I remember the icWales article about him bothering an old girlfriend by texts and a confrontation.

Is kidnap another thing said over and over until it becomes true?

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I don't understand then why he misfired like a old Triumph when he ran out on a Saturday afternoon with a Latics top on. Because he's managing to do the job he's supposed to at Stockport. A baffling turn of character then it seems, that nobody appears to know the answer to.

He said it himself, he's being given the chance to start games.

Doesn't really answer the question of his hit and miss performances. I mean come on, we were doing our best to give ther lad some encouragement last season, but I knew - even with my dubious footballing prowess - that bollocks line of "he's a confidence player" was clearly a cover-all of what he really was. Unstable.

Any links to this?

I remember the icWales article about him bothering an old girlfriend by texts and a confrontation.

Is kidnap another thing said over and over until it becomes true?

Possibly kidnapping might be a bit strong, it's not that I want to hound the bloke out, but the suggestion of £300k for him really does make me want to see him off. I couldn't find any details of that stuff on a quick search, from memory he was alleged to have refused to let his girlfriend leave his flat over a weekend when she split, or something along those lines. Yound and daft maybe, it's just that I've not seen much to say he is learning This is an interesting little piece, which shows both sides to him I think.

I don't think there's any shortage of willing volunteers who'll carry him on their backs over to Elland Road really.

6 month wonder at Latics, but as frustrating as players come. Problems with attitude, desire and a first touch as bad as any I've ever seen... Shame it was in the Sun as I'd nearly believed it then.

Possibly kidnapping might be a bit strong, it's not that I want to hound the bloke out, but the suggestion of £300k for him really does make me want to see him off. I couldn't find any details of that stuff on a quick search, from memory he was alleged to have refused to let his girlfriend leave his flat over a weekend when she split, or something along those lines. Yound and daft maybe, it's just that I've not seen much to say he is learning This is an interesting little piece, which shows both sides to him I think.

Think the last line says it all..

“I know I’ve got to keep working hard but I really am focussed on what I want to achieve and that means getting my head down.”

Pity by 'getting his head down' he meant that he was going to headbutt rochdale players... <_<

More trouble than he is worth... you take a few risks at this level, he hasnt worked on th pitch but a 200% return on the transfer fee in a year for a player who isnt een in our first team squad... err... good business in my book.

So what if he makes it somewhere else. He isnt going to with us. End of story.

You mean this

Think the last line says it all..

Pity by 'getting his head down' he meant that he was going to headbutt rochdale players... <_<

Christ on a bike, it wasn't a bloody headbutt it was a putting his face in his face, happened right in front of me, their lad clearly said something that Davies was wrong to react to and rightly sent off for but it was hardly a propa Glasgi kiss. There were other senior latics players who could see the Dale lad winding him up and they should have got him the hell out of there. I've seen worse sendings off on a park.

I think we've all seen worse.

More stupid? I'm not so sure.

Exactly. Think he might have notice that man with the black kit on, stood next to him, you know, the one with the whistle and the pretty red cards...

Pretty much the most stupid sending off I have ever seen live... and it was right infront of me too... fair enough, maybe it has been talked about it too much, but it summed up good ol' Mental in one quick butt...

The head butt against R'dale was wrong (but blown out of all proportion), but has he really been given a chance since then? He scored a hattrick in the reserves so what does the manager do, bring in an unfit ageing striker who's best days were long gone.

If the manager doesn't want him £300k is decent, but our loss will be Leeds gain while we continue to play disinterested on loan strikers.

My thoughts nicely summed up there SC. However I do feel Shez wants rid otherwise we wouldnt have let him get cup tied.

What I dont understand is Shez had him earmarked as first choice striker this season if you go on the first one and a half games until he got sent off and has then basically abandoned him.

My thoughts nicely summed up there SC. However I do feel Shez wants rid otherwise we wouldnt have let him get cup tied.

What I dont understand is Shez had him earmarked as first choice striker this season if you go on the first one and a half games until he got sent off and has then basically abandoned him.

Might have had something to do with Lewis perhaps? A young keen striker who took his chance when it came... unfortunately relegating Davies down the pecking order, he spits the dummy, smell you later....

Stupid is what stupid does....

Exactly. Think he might have notice that man with the black kit on, stood next to him, you know, the one with the whistle and the pretty red cards...

Pretty much the most stupid sending off I have ever seen live... and it was right infront of me too... fair enough, maybe it has been talked about it too much, but it summed up good ol' Mental in one quick butt...

You havent seen many sendings off then at Latics? Ive seen our players sent off for throwing punches...surely more stupid than putting your head into someone elses. Kezman and Dunne did it at the City game yesterday in front of the ref and there wasnt even a card. If the Ref hadnt sent him off we wouldnt even be remembering the incident. BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!!!

so lets get this straight, davies goes coz everyone hates him and hes unstable.one sending off..same as hughes...and top scorer last season but good idea to sell to a rival

hughes goes coz its written in his contract he can leave at a certain price.

everyone loves lewis but his goalscoring record speaks for itself.. i think he has a lot to learn, wont get us promoted

smalley has potential but is a winger at the moment and a soft arse

everyone seems to hate wolfy although he performed better tham lewis in his last performance, hes also injured

some fans have seen byfield once and decided hes not good enough and would rather see lewis instead ( see above)

so who do we want to play upfrony after january, because if hughes, davies and byfield dont stay people the same fans will call for a certain managers head.

answers on a post card coz i havent got a clue anymore

Might have had something to do with Lewis perhaps? A young keen striker who took his chance when it came... unfortunately relegating Davies down the pecking order, he spits the dummy, smell you later....

Stupid is what stupid does....

Fairplay Lewis took his chance at the time, but I cant help feeling Craig a proven goalscorer at this level should have been given a similar run to Lewis in the team to see if he could get his form back. IMO anyone advocating he has had a fair chance at Oldham this season is lying to themselves.

so lets get this straight, davies goes coz everyone hates him and hes unstable.one sending off..same as hughes...and top scorer last season but good idea to sell to a rival

hughes goes coz its written in his contract he can leave at a certain price.

everyone loves lewis but his goalscoring record speaks for itself.. i think he has a lot to learn, wont get us promoted

smalley has potential but is a winger at the moment and a soft arse

everyone seems to hate wolfy although he performed better tham lewis in his last performance, hes also injured

some fans have seen byfield once and decided hes not good enough and would rather see lewis instead ( see above)

so who do we want to play upfrony after january, because if hughes, davies and byfield dont stay people the same fans will call for a certain managers head.

answers on a post card coz i havent got a clue anymore

Please let it be Lewis and Wolfy the new Yorke and Cole ;)