Craig Davies to Leeds

Nope. Funny how he is rated by our rivals' supporters and managers and not by Shez and some on here. He deserves a chance to prove his doubters wrong, because if he doesn't score goals here, he will score them somewhere else.

He hasn't been rated by the managers he's played under for any of them to keep hold of him longer than we have done...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The £300k figure is plucked out of thin air. I'm told you are looking to recoup what you paid for him. County want to take him on loan for the rest of the season but with his rumoured wages not much chance we'd take him on permanently.

No way we will sell him for what we paid (less than 100K). He's played really well for you and was top scorer for us last season, he'll be going to a club that can afford to buy him wether thats you or someone else we don't care. If Leeds are in there then of course the price goes up.

I wouldn't sell him but if we do our owners will get a good deal for him or bring him back. We can't afford to give him away because Shez doesn't like him.

No way we will sell him for what we paid (less than 100K). He's played really well for you and was top scorer for us last season, he'll be going to a club that can afford to buy him wether thats you or someone else we don't care. If Leeds are in there then of course the price goes up.

I wouldn't sell him but if we do our owners will get a good deal for him or bring him back. We can't afford to give him away because Shez doesn't like him.

I would be amazed if we got anywhere near £300,000 for him. Had it of been last season when he was scoring then maybe, but a player with erm.....problems and frozen out by his current club does not bode well for getting any near that.

I have this horrible nagging doubt in the back of my mind which says that this one is going to come back and bite us on the backside. If he goes and we bring someone in fair enough but make sure we put a clause in place not to play against us in the return fixture at BP whether its Stockport or Leeds because if he plays at BP he is going to have one of his on days.

Davis certainly as the ability as proven last season. He also as the ability to prove he's not the brightest kid on the block and this spills over in his decision making on the pitch as well as in his private life. On his day he'll score and worry the death out of other teams, however if he's sitting in the stand or out on loan he's no use to our side. Should Leeds or anyone else pay 300K as a club we're better off lettin him go.

Does he? Or is this just a case of something being said enough times makes it true.

You are the same Coconob that told us letting Carlos Roca go was a MASSIVE mistake and it'd come back haunt us? Go on deny it, everybody knows yer never wrong. Davies will be the same, Conference North/South within 3 seasons, Sheridan isn't the only manager to want shut of him, and I'd dare bet that every manager that takes him on as slips down footballs pyramid and wastes his undoubted but latent talent will think that he's the one to get the best out of the lad. Shame really, but there have been plenty of his sort in footballs past and there will be plenty more in its future.

You are the same Coconob that told us letting Carlos Roca go was a MASSIVE mistake and it'd come back haunt us? Go on deny it, everybody knows yer never wrong. Davies will be the same, Conference North/South within 3 seasons, Sheridan isn't the only manager to want shut of him, and I'd dare bet that every manager that takes him on as slips down footballs pyramid and wastes his undoubted but latent talent will think that he's the one to get the best out of the lad. Shame really, but there have been plenty of his sort in footballs past and there will be plenty more in its future.

Not got such a good memory have you? That was TGOBM who came out with that pearl.

Not sure I'd call the likes of Verona or Wolves our rivals. Stockport rate him and desperately want to keep him and he is obviously rated by Leeds.

Im sure Shez rated him when he first joined the club.....otherwise you would assume that he wouldnt have forked out a fee for him. Gannon has had Davies for about a month or so and McAllister has never had him play for him. Players attitudes change a lot over the course of 6 months to a year. Just because they rate him now, does not mean that they will do in a year-2 years time.

I dont think his talent has ever been in doubt, but many managers in the past looked to have tried, but failed to get the best out of him. If Gannon or McAllister think they can then thats up to them. Or then he could move to either and find Leeds/Stockport could find themselves in a similar situation a year down the road.......and so the cycle begins again

Not sure I'd call the likes of Verona or Wolves our rivals. Stockport rate him and desperately want to keep him and he is obviously rated by Leeds.

We don't know if there's any truth in the Leeds thing. All we can from your post is that he is at about Stockport's level, at least on the evidence of a short loan spell.

You havent seen many sendings off then at Latics? Ive seen our players sent off for throwing punches...surely more stupid than putting your head into someone elses. Kezman and Dunne did it at the City game yesterday in front of the ref and there wasnt even a card. If the Ref hadnt sent him off we wouldnt even be remembering the incident. BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!!!

Right, last i'm going to say about this - of course i've seen players being sent off for throwing punches, however, that is normally heat of the moment stuff.... lets go back to dale... foul in the bottom corner of the pitch, davies wanders over for no reason, decided to get involved (thinking about it...) then he gets in verbals with the 'dale players (brain cells bumping together), then he waits for the ref to come over (still thinking... time passes, the hamster in his brain starts sweating running on the wheel) Ref has a word... and then Davies decided to shove his head in the dale players face... as he admitted on his infamous facebook post "pity he didnt do it properly" - he is so inept he even :censored: that up!

He has no brain, he can sod off and let someone else sort him out... all this stuff about form at stockport is pointless for me, he has something to prove so he is on best behavior... as soon as he signs permanently for anyone he will go back to swaggering around like he own the place...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Right, last i'm going to say about this - of course i've seen players being sent off for throwing punches, however, that is normally heat of the moment stuff.... lets go back to dale... foul in the bottom corner of the pitch, davies wanders over for no reason, decided to get involved (thinking about it...) then he gets in verbals with the 'dale players (brain cells bumping together), then he waits for the ref to come over (still thinking... time passes, the hamster in his brain starts sweating running on the wheel) Ref has a word... and then Davies decided to shove his head in the dale players face... as he admitted on his infamous facebook post "pity he didnt do it properly" - he is so inept he even :censored: that up!

He has no brain, he can sod off and let someone else sort him out... all this stuff about form at stockport is pointless for me, he has something to prove so he is on best behavior... as soon as he signs permanently for anyone he will go back to swaggering around like he own the place...

I'm confused did he get sent off at Stockport as well :blink:

NB: this would have made sense until Bigfin replaced Stockport with Dale in the above article.

P.S Stockport fans seem to be very split over Davies ... but most say potential, now that rings a bell.

His antics at Rochdale were not blown out of proportion at all. He was nothing to do with the original incident and he felt the need to run in and get himself involved and if the Rochdale lad felt the need to have a go, Davies fell for it hook line and sinker.

He may be a talent but his mental aptitude is holding him back. That guy will never amount to nothing above this league as he hasn't got the brains.

Wow, i didnt realise people analysed things so much, Facebook gets involved too!

His antics at Rochdale were not blown out of proportion at all. He was nothing to do with the original incident and he felt the need to run in and get himself involved and if the Rochdale lad felt the need to have a go, Davies fell for it hook line and sinker.

He may be a talent but his mental aptitude is holding him back. That guy will never amount to nothing above this league as he hasn't got the brains.

So that means he will amount to something? :blush:

If we get £300K we will be laughing all the way to the bank, god that would be so funny! But realistically if we can get cash for a striker who has dropped to 3rd or 4th choice we should just take it. At the end of the day he has never lived up to his early promise and with his other on and off field antics we should just be lucky to get rid of him.

Guest oa_exile
why? :huh:

The way I look at it Johnny is that the Leeds interest is speculation, Stockport will be interested to sign him as his loan spell is proving a success obviously they dont have £300K BUT £80-£100K probably.

.......Anyway IMO the answer to your "why" is dependant on how desperate OAFC are to off-load him, we dont have to sell as he is contracted to the end of 2009/10, we could loan him out until the end of the season thus leaving him in the shop window for longer.