Cost of FA Cup Exit

Stockport or Gillingham v Villa on the box in the 3rd round.

£160k for each side - so assuming Stockport get that far that could be a chunk of fee for Davies.

Should this be merged with the other Davies' threads, or the Cheltenham thread, or the Shez Out poll, orallowed to stand alone?

Edited by opinions4u

But we would've had Donny and I hardly think that would of been on tele. You could get to the 5th round or further without getting on tele. So it isn't as is going out in round 1 has cost us any TV money

Well, you could get all technical and say a different numbered ball would have gone in the bag if we'd beaten Cheltenham, which could have changed the whole dynamic of the eventual draw, but that would be sad and pedantic so I won't!!

That Man Ure at home fixture was a certainty in a parallel universe.

Well, you could get all technical and say a different numbered ball would have gone in the bag if we'd beaten Cheltenham, which could have changed the whole dynamic of the eventual draw, but that would be sad and pedantic so I won't!!

That Man Ure at home fixture was a certainty in a parallel universe.

You could, but you'd be wrong.

You could, but you'd be wrong.

Well, a different numbered ball would have been picked up and put in the bag at a slightly different micro-second in time.

This would have meant all other balls in the bag settled in a slightly different way, causing the whole order of the draw to be changed in a different space-time continuum.

Well, a different numbered ball would have been picked up and put in the bag at a slightly different micro-second in time.

This would have meant all other balls in the bag settled in a slightly different way, causing the whole order of the draw to be changed in a different space-time continuum.

But wouldn't it be the same numbered ball?

The Oldham/Cheltenham ball would be the same as it would be there either way.

The Morecambe/Oldham ball would be positioned the same as Morecambe/Cheltenham in the list.

But wouldn't it be the same numbered ball?

The Oldham/Cheltenham ball would be the same as it would be there either way.

The Morecambe/Oldham ball would be positioned the same as Morecambe/Cheltenham in the list.

No idea!

Anybody got a clue which ball number goes in to the draw when there's a replay?

It is exceptionally important to know!

Edited by opinions4u

No idea!

Anybody got a clue which ball number goes in to the draw when there's a replay?

It is exceptionally important to know!

What replay? The balls are decided before the round of games so it would've been Morecambe or Oldham as that ball...even if they were decided after the game it would've been the same way round as the rearranged game wasn't a replay.

What replay? The balls are decided before the round of games so it would've been Morecambe or Oldham as that ball...even if they were decided after the game it would've been the same way round as the rearranged game wasn't a replay.

Yes.

But would the Morecambe or Oldham ball be the same as the Morecambe or Cheltenham ball?

And does this thread have any worthwhile or meaningful merit at all?

I cannot believe those that feel it don't matter we are out the cups. To date Burnley have picked up 1.8 million from the league cup.

:shock:

That said, there's a difference between getting to semi-final of the League Cup with a televised QF and a televised SF in the pipeline, and getting knocked out of the FA Cup in third round with no TV money.

That said again, I'd like to think we could beat the worst CCC team at home*.

*Unless Hughesy signed for them :grin:

I cannot believe those that feel it don't matter we are out the cups. To date Burnley have picked up 1.8 million from the league cup.

Its the cup though anything can happen thats the supposed magic so when we go out its just one of those things. We beat Everton last year and then lost to Huddersfield. I really hope no one at the club was budgeting on whether or not we got a good cup run. We have had more than our fair share recently anyway. Yes its a shame we have gone out, but it happens heres to a better run next year!

Edited by wozz_oafc