Todays Sun

I know this is from the Sun so a pinch of salt tends to be needed when reading such stories but I wondered if this could be something to do with Chalmers and why his contract was cancelled. Just seems a bit funny that 2 days after we cancel his contract this story hits the press.

A FOOTBALL League club is reeling after four youth side players were quizzed by police over claims of a sex attack on a team-mate.

The lad — at a Coca-Cola League One club which cannot be named for legal reasons — was allegedly assaulted with an object in showers when horseplay got out of hand.

The 17-year-old went to hospital on Tuesday afternoon, and medical staff tipped off police. Another patient told The Sun: “The lad was in a lot of distress and was hobbling as he came into casualty.

“He told nurses he had been attacked by a group of team-mates in the showers. It sounded absolutely horrific. It wasn’t long before police came down and he was asked to go through what had happened again.

“He was in a right state. He was constantly in tears and was in a great deal of distress and embarrassment. I really felt for him.”

The four players were arrested. Last night three were released on police bail until next month. The fourth was freed and told he would not face charges.

The club said in a statement: “We are aware there has been an alleged incident. We will assist and communicate with the relevant authorities.”

This is the third time this as been posted on this site. The other two have been closed / deleted as there is absolutley no link between the story and the fact one or more of us players are involved as the previous posts would have led us to believe.

It will be allowed to be discussed as its a shocking story, if people start linking / posting names it will be closed.

If this is true, and it relates to us, we have a massive indiscipline problem at the club. Which parent would allow thie sons to join the club as a trainee OR even attend training classes?

Shoving a broomstick up some lad's arse goes beyond a discipline problem I think! We have an enviable record at bringing young players through, I'm sure lots of parents would love to get their kid into the programmes. Whatever happened in the Chalmers case, the club have dealt with it firmly...

If you keep deleting stories users will not see them and then re-post them. Surely if someone posts it, it is there thoughts, not that of the club or OWTB.

Its a fine line and a tough call.

Hence this post is still open and so people can see straight away we have made it quiet clear that any names linked will be deleted. It is a fine line and we trust our members not to over step it.

If this is true, and it relates to us, we have a massive indiscipline problem at the club. Which parent would allow thier sons to join the club as a trainee OR even attend training classes?

But you don't know if it is true though do you? I don't understand why somebody would want to say this.

Who ever these young lads are, they will be dealt with like lads who work at Woolies, on oil rigs or canary wharf. If they've committed an offence and found guilty they'll pay the tune. Move on and stop Arsing around folks. 4 quizzed, 1 sent home and we've had 1 lad sent packing....mmmmmmmmmmmmm must be the one the cops sent home eh?