hands in pockets

18 quid in advance this weekend for me an 5 other lads the same,my mrs an my mam an dad goin as always,ive bought a book from latics for them for xmas an im getting a new away top off them, get spending you lot an stop trying to get cheap ticket prices out of the club? they need your dough more than ever or cut back on something else.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 quid in advance this weekend for me an 5 other lads the same,my mrs an my mam an dad goin as always,ive bought a book from latics for them for xmas an im getting a new away top off them, get spending you lot an stop trying to get cheap ticket prices out of the club? they need your dough more than ever or cut back on something else.

At this moment in time I think everyone's cutting back mate to pay for the essentials and not the luxury's.... Thats if they still have a job....

Yeah, imagine people wanting to save money during this difficult financial period and at this time of the year as well. Some people have a right nerve, wanting to pay for their mortgages, food, heat, water, electricity and supporting their families, instead of spending money on a luxury like Latics. They need to get their priorities in order.

At this moment in time I think everyone's cutting back mate to pay for the essentials and not the luxury's.... Thats if they still have a job....

Nice sig oafc0000. I didn't realize my employer was being, er, exposed in that way...

To be honest if money his tight .... going to watch football should be bottom of people's priorities and I think this is what we are seeing currently. Much more important things in life than watching 22 men kick a piece of leather about.

and who's after cheap tickets... if you thinking about the talk on here regarding reduction in VAT you'll actually find the club has technically just increased it's prices.

going to watch football should be bottom of people's priorities and I think this is what we are seeing currently. Much more important things in life than watching 22 men kick a piece of leather about.

I dont think it should be bottom, maybe not as high for some people as it has been. As Tim Vickery said on the BBC this week, "of all the unimportant things in the world, football is the most important."

mark do you not think though that latics in uncertain times have a bigger pull than ever just to get away from it all for 90 mins

Maybe for many, not for me though. It's just one of the many things I enjoy in my leisure time.

is anyone on here actually feeling this financial crisis?

has anyone lost there job?

or know anyone who is/has?

When i was up last for the Walsall game, I was told many we're know to have lost their jobs and businesses. Personally I a couple of very close friends may loose their jobs in the new year, I'm know and respect the fact that I'm lucky as this current recession as had very little effect on me.....

I dont think it should be bottom, maybe not as high for some people as it has been. As Tim Vickery said on the BBC this week, "of all the unimportant things in the world, football is the most important."

Sorry it's Rugby League :D

Guest oa_exile
....As Tim Vickery said on the BBC this week, "of all the unimportant things in the world, football is the most important."

A very famous quote :

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

I'm not going up on Saturday - travel is extortionate this time of year. I could manage it if I didn't go out for 2 mates' birthday do's and dodged some other Christmas events and social, but there needs to be some balance.

you'll manage to get to Latics though?

nope not buying it, come on its not that dear an oldham isnt a luxury mate its a necessaty for me

What a load of :censored: ing tosh. You are preaching to the converted and insulting us by yet again saying you appear to care more about the club than us.... never mind insulting the thousands of people who are struggling at this time of year, and are having to give up the things they love.

Nice one. again.

Edited by BigfinLatic

Famous. But wrong, on so many levels.

This has been misquoted so much, wasn't it:

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."

It's still bollocks.

Guest oa_exile
Famous. But wrong, on so many levels.

This has been misquoted so much, wasn't it:

"Someone said 'football is more important than life and death to you' and I said 'Listen, it's more important than that'."

It's still bollocks.

Totally agree on both posts, but after reading Dave's post it came into my head

Matt : Not sure if your quote or mine is right , but like you said It's still Bollocks :lol:

you'll manage to get to Latics though?

Sadly not this weekend - wanted to be up for both Latics and OWTBs, but something had to give and with the weather threatening, it was this one. Roll on Posh, and Brighton, and Crewe! Sad fact on the life of the exile is that the travel or petrol companies get far more of our money than Latics do, and there are limits to how far you can ignore friends/totty/just having a few quid for an enjoyable life to follow the team, especially at this time of year.