Brighton Preview

...brighton suffer double injury blow keeper Kuipers out with damaged hand also Matt Richards fullback twisted ankle.. Both happened in training yesterday according to reports down south they have no fullback to replace Richards..

Kuipers and Richards should now be fit.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Preview/0,,...1476607,00.html

On the Brighton OS Nicky Forster says he's the only member of the squad to have played on the plastic pitch at ISZ. He says he's sure the pitch will be a bit sparse at this time of year - cheeky sod!

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/TVNews/0,,1...09%2C00.html%3F

Brighton have "Classic Match Footage, Brighton v Oldham 1991" on their World Site. Is there any way Latics fans can get access to this? This is either going to be the 6-1 hammering dished out at BP or the 2-1 away win with Stitch scoring a cracking brace.

In the rarely wrong Chron, Shez talks about the goalscoring exploits of Glenn Murray (10) and Nicky Forster (7), both of whom have had spells out through injury.

Shez said: “Unfortunately for us, they are both fit and available and we will have to be alive and aware of the danger they pose.

“They are the sort of players who will score goals if you take your mind off the game for a split second.

“But we are not stupid or naive and know they will be a threat if we let them be one.”

“I am expecting a hard game, but there must be a reason why they are losing matches and we must make it as hard as possible for them.”

But a word of caution: Athletic have failed to beat the Seagulls on their last three visits to Boundary Park. Tomorrow’s games sees the first managerial head-to-head between Shez and his former Leeds team-mate and pal Micky Adams.

Shez: “Micky is a great lad and a character and I enjoyed playing in the same team as him.

“He is an experienced manager who has done well in the game. I have a lot of time for him.”

Be interesting to see what team he puts out.

Gregan/Hazell or Stam?

Liddell or Smalley?

Maher or Whitts?

OGrady or Byefield?

I would actually consider giving the mighty rat a rest, he's had a few off days recently, maybe just needs a break. Maher and Whitts could work in a very similar fashion to our Allott/Whitts partnership anyway, maybe with a bit less bite but a little more culture. Up front I'd be tempted to go with Allesandra, I think he works really well with Hughes, not convinced by Byfield and O'Grady despite a good performance against Walsall, he would still just be my first backup on the bench for now. At the back, Gregan and Hazell, but only just. Then i'd go for Liddell to start the game and Smalley to comeoff the bench for the last 15 to run their left back ragged.

I would actually consider giving the mighty rat a rest, he's had a few off days recently, maybe just needs a break. Maher and Whitts could work in a very similar fashion to our Allott/Whitts partnership anyway, maybe with a bit less bite but a little more culture. Up front I'd be tempted to go with Allesandra, I think he works really well with Hughes, not convinced by Byfield and O'Grady despite a good performance against Walsall, he would still just be my first backup on the bench for now. At the back, Gregan and Hazell, but only just. Then i'd go for Liddell to start the game and Smalley to comeoff the bench for the last 15 to run their left back ragged.

i appreciate what you are saying, but they have all just had a week off, so he shoulld be raring to go, hopefully its done them all some good.

whatever team sHez puts out tomorrow will result in three points for us, looking at two nil mininmum fom this game, fo the record one of the goals that stich scored at abrighton as mentioned peviously is my favourite laics goal, superb strike, anyone who was at the game will know the one, more of the same tomorrow