Shez: Davies stays with us

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if....

yes but IF we dont taylor will be worth more than he is now, so will maybe daives and eardley.. hughes is the risk as he is out of contract, when not say lee sign a new deal with a clause in it saying you may leave for 300k if we fail to win promotion... makes sense i think

yes but IF we dont taylor will be worth more than he is now, so will maybe daives and eardley.. hughes is the risk as he is out of contract, when not say lee sign a new deal with a clause in it saying you may leave for 300k if we fail to win promotion... makes sense i think

great idea....make sure you contact the TTA B)

there are so many solutions to this situation,but the TTA have to keep the balance right between getting a push for promotion and balancing the books.

a player is only worth £XXX when another team is prepared to pay that agreed sum.

i know its all rumours regarding davies and leeds/hughes and doncaster,but if a serious offer comes along,they will really have to consider it...it will p*ss off some fans,but we've all seen unpopular sellings at latics,its something i'm definately used to,along with many more here.

as above...

I agree with you about Hughes, after the Porter affair if we got a decent offer then i couldnt blame the club for accepting, I just think selling Taylor now would be a bad move, like i said we hold the cards as he`s under contract for a while yet ... i`d wait until summer with Tayls and see where we are.

I agree with you about Hughes, after the Porter affair if we got a decent offer then i couldnt blame the club for accepting, I just think selling Taylor now would be a bad move, like i said we hold the cards as he`s under contract for a while yet ... i`d wait until summer with Tayls and see where we are.

taylor is the one i definately don't want to see going.

agree,he will only get better and his value will keep rising if he keep up this form,but it only take one OTT offer from a club who can afford it and he'll be gone...its called a hard business decision...hurt in the short term but long term,it will help.

and as you say,he's on a long contract,we are in control regarding his immediate future.

taylor is the one i definately don't want to see going.

agree,he will only get better and his value will keep rising if he keep up this form,but it only take one OTT offer from a club who can afford it and he'll be gone...its called a hard business decision...hurt in the short term but long term,it will help.

and as you say,he's on a long contract,we are in control regarding his immediate future.

Yep, as you say one OTT offer and he`s gone. I just hope if thats the case the TTA will give Shez a decent, sizeable chunk to spend on a replacement, otherwise we`ll be in trouble.

Its going to a long and interesting January.

Yep, as you say one OTT offer and he`s gone. I just hope if thats the case the TTA will give Shez a decent, sizeable chunk to spend on a replacement, otherwise we`ll be in trouble.

Its going to a long and interesting January.

I have to say, january is filling me with dread. Every day there is going to be some serious F5 bashing on the main site... and staring at the mobile waiting for text messages of doom...

However, as is said, on the bright side we could get a stupid amount of cash for Davies and eardley B)

Though as has been said... I will miss possibly my favourite shout of the season... every game when it is not quite going our way... the inevitable call of "Get Mental on!"

Brilliant.

The reliable Advertiser says:

LATICS boss John Sheridan has played down any talk that striker Craig Davies is heading for the Boundary Park exit door next month.

Re Leeds apparently eyeing up a £300,000 deal for Davies, Shez claimed that was the first he knew of any such deal and expected Davies to return to Boundary Park once his loan at Edgeley Park had been completed on January 3.

He said: "I can imagine people being interested in him because he's a good player. He can play at a higher level if he believes in himself.

"I like him as a lad but I felt it was time for him to go out and be aware of what's going on. He's not in a comfort zone and hopefully he'll come back to Oldham better and stronger.

"I felt he needed a break and the chance to play football. He's got a future here, I'm not trying to get rid of anyone at this moment in time.

"He wasn't getting a game here, so instead of sitting around, there was an opportunity for him to go out and get football.

"He needs to do a lot of growing up but he's a decent player on his day and he's doing OK at Stockport. He'll be coming back here before he goes to Leeds, don't worry about that!"

Brilliant sales pitch, you've convinced me he's good. Now get that locker emptied mental!

I have to say, january is filling me with dread. Every day there is going to be some serious F5 bashing on the main site... and staring at the mobile waiting for text messages of doom...

Shez says "I'm not trying to get rid of anyone at this moment in time". Granted that now is not January, but I think he is hoping to keep the squad together. So relax, enjoy now and Christmas - don't worry about January, your fears might not happen.

oh I'm so distraught a big set-back to the 'lets hound Craig Davies out brigade' eh

I just hope he comes back and proves people wrong like I think he can do, but after the reaction to his performance at Hartlepool, or to the same people who beleive it was him to blame for our defear at Stockport I think it will take some doing

oh I'm so distraught a big set-back to the 'lets hound Craig Davies out brigade' eh

I just hope he comes back and proves people wrong like I think he can do, but after the reaction to his performance at Hartlepool, or to the same people who beleive it was him to blame for our defear at Stockport I think it will take some doing

Some said Allott was :censored:e but he came back and made them change their tune (lyrics). :grin:

To be fair Tommy it's only since the talk of £300k has entered the debate that a lot of us would like to see him off. He's not my favourite and for that money I'd love to see him go, I've no problem with him staying either.

To be fair Tommy it's only since the talk of £300k has entered the debate that a lot of us would like to see him off. He's not my favourite and for that money I'd love to see him go, I've no problem with him staying either.

I agree LL, if he proves me (and others wrong) superb, but we didn't have to wait long for the pre-emptive "I told you so" comments from some quarters. Meh. If he bangs 'em in - great, if he gets shown the door for a reasonable fee - great.

It's all good :)

I am glad I am going away for a week. You lot are driving me mad.

I can't understand why Davies gets so much stick. For YEARS and YEARS we have struggled to find someone up front with pace who can score goals. Davies scores 14 last season before getting injured at Brighton away (in February). Has a slow start to the season this time round and you are all glad to see the back of him.

Chris Porter should be strung up for leaving us, as he was the first striker to score 20 league goals in a season since Jim Steele. But Craig Davies is some sort of mentally deficient embarrassment who headbutted a Rochdale player 10 minutes after the ref whistled while stood upon a grassy knoll. I could forgive him if he asked "Is it cos I am black?"

Someone please tell me that he is mental. Ever seen the film "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest"? Well, I reckon Jack Nicholson read this messageboard to get into character :blink:

You lot need to have a serious look at yourselves and make sure you would be happy getting what you ask for.

Have a nice week. I know I will. It is 19C where I am going :tongue1: (and no, it isn't a mental institution, it is Spain)

Are we? Now you can understand what it's like for the rest of us when we're watching Davies on a football pitch.

I can't understand why Davies gets so much stick. For YEARS and YEARS we have struggled to find someone up front with pace who can score goals.

Granted. I've been craving a player with pace who will scare the :censored: out of defenders for yonks. It'd just be nice to have one who isn't a headcase, has problems off the field as well as on, disrupts the dressing room with his sulking attitude and crap body language on the pitch, and can't even do the basics right like control a ball. Oh and he concedes TWICE as many fouls as anyone else on the park; so much for making that ball 'stick' up front, hey!

Davies scores 14 last season before getting injured at Brighton away (in February). Has a slow start to the season this time round and you are all glad to see the back of him.

It's really worth noting that he played in 41 (yes, FOURTY ONE! Count 'em!) games last season, so that equates to around 3 and a half games per goal. Super ratio that. You know, I'm sure he'd be able to halve that ratio if he learned to be in the right place at the right time in the box, rather that sloping off somewhere with his shoulders out and his bottom lip resting on the turf because he's lost the ball. Again. And what have Shez and the backroom team been telling him publicly so many times???

Have a nice week. I know I will. It is 19C where I am going :tongue1: (and no, it isn't a mental institution, it is Spain)

And yourself pal. Enjoy the sangria matey! :grin:

I can't understand why Davies gets so much stick. For YEARS and YEARS we have struggled to find someone up front with pace who can score goals. Davies scores 14 last season before getting injured at Brighton away (in February). Has a slow start to the season this time round and you are all glad to see the back of him.

Chris Porter should be strung up for leaving us, as he was the first striker to score 20 league goals in a season since Jim Steele. But Craig Davies is some sort of mentally deficient embarrassment who headbutted a Rochdale player 10 minutes after the ref whistled while stood upon a grassy knoll. I could forgive him if he asked "Is it cos I am black?"

Someone please tell me that he is mental. Ever seen the film "One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest"? Well, I reckon Jack Nicholson read this messageboard to get into character :blink:

You lot need to have a serious look at yourselves and make sure you would be happy getting what you ask for.

Rick your no doubt preaching to the same people who thought Porter was rubbish...peoples nans could have scored 20 that season we were that good :shock:

I agree LL, if he proves me (and others wrong) superb, but we didn't have to wait long for the pre-emptive "I told you so" comments from some quarters. Meh. If he bangs 'em in - great, if he gets shown the door for a reasonable fee - great.

It's all good :)

But if he's guilty of the same failings as Hughes and Gregan, will he benefit from their dispensation or have to take the flack for all three of them? :unsure:

Davies scores 14 last season before getting injured at Brighton away (in February).

While this much is true, the team's goals per game ratio when Davies is on the pitch is lower than when Alessandra or Hughes is on the pitch. Equally, so is the points per game ratio.

Now this may be a result of weaknesses in his game. It may be a result of the way Sheridan's tactics work when Davies is on the pitch. It may be a combination of both.

Whatever it is, manager and player need to sort it out. If that's done by him staying, contributing to the team (and not just via goal tally) then that's fine. If it's achieved by the player leaving for an appropriate fee, that's fine. If it's achieved by a new manager coming in and getting more out of him, then, to be honest, that's fine.

For now though, Sheridan picks the team. Davies' needs to decide (1) does he want to be in it and if the answer is yes (2) pull his finger out, as he seems to have done at Stockport, and deliver for Latics in January.

Tsch :thumbsdown:

What do you know about it rugby boy?

:tongue1:

I know :lol: I've already said as much. Football was never my favourite sport - that's not saying I don't like watching it, and was never that good at it either - ask Derek. At least I didn't try to blag the general public into thinking that I was a pro-footballer, unlike some :rolleyes:

Did I just say that? Only joking... :grin:

I am glad I am going away for a week.

Have a good 'un Rick, see you soon...

Rick your no doubt preaching to the same people who thought Porter was rubbish...peoples nans could have scored 20 that season we were that good :shock:

I thought Porter was great, until he kicked us in the bollocks....

I thought Porter was great, until he kicked us in the bollocks....

I have to Laugh at the fact the tae "Everyone hates Chris (Porter), but he scored loads of goals for us" line gets dragged out every time we have a pop at one of our strikers.... as rummy well says, did anyone dislike him when he was here in that secon season? Of course bloody not - he was a hero, exactly up to the point he decided to stick two fingers up at us whilst skipping with his agent all the way to moneyland....

Its every supporter right to hammer an ex-player, especially one that screwed us over, or was percieved to... that has no bearing on what we feel to strikers in our team now, however, Davies just has to be one of the most wasteful and darn right stupid (not talking about anything off the pitch, his football brain in non-existant) and frustrating players I have ever seen.

Now to me, O'Grady seems to be potentially very much in the porter mold. Give me his honesty and workrate anyday. Now the next quip will be the "Oldham fans always prefer workrate over skill" - well in damn right in this instance, because it has been said on the Hughes thread that "We are not a one man team" - the difference between the two is that Davies actually belives it is.

... he will get found out at stockport. I betcha by the time he comes back there will be some county supporters who never want to see him ever again...