if ... happens, im never going again

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night a mate said 'if we sell taylor in january, im never going again'. im reliably informed that my grandad said, in the fifties 'if they need to put fences up in football grounds, im never going again'. this got me thinking on what else ive heard, including 'if we go down, im never going again' 'if we dont sack ronnie moore im never going again' 'if we sign lee hughes, im never going again' 'when it becomes all seater, im never going again' and 'if they ban smoking, im never going again'. in the main they have all stuck to it too, what else has anyone heard in this regard? and did they stick it out..?

Nice one Daz. You reminded me of a mate of mine saying (when we were in the 5th year at school) he will never go to Latics becuase they got rid of Frizzell. He said he was gonna be a City fan instead (cos Frizzell went there)...

He is now a Season Ticket holder in the Main Stand... :grin:

according to my Grandma it goes through 3 generations of my family after a bad defeat they say "thats it I'm not going again", only to find them all up and ready the following week, my Dads done it, my Grandads done it, and my Grandmas Dad did it, heaven forbid the day I do it

last night a mate said 'if we sell taylor in january, im never going again'. im reliably informed that my grandad said, in the fifties 'if they need to put fences up in football grounds, im never going again'. this got me thinking on what else ive heard, including 'if we go down, im never going again' 'if we dont sack ronnie moore im never going again' 'if we sign lee hughes, im never going again' 'when it becomes all seater, im never going again' and 'if they ban smoking, im never going again'. in the main they have all stuck to it too, what else has anyone heard in this regard? and did they stick it out..?

Notts County at home sometime in the early 80's. 2-2 in the last minute and Latics get a free kick widish on the right at least 35 yards out and everyone piles into the box. Mark Ward has other ideas and is obviously lining up a shot. My mate Dave says, 'If he shoots from there, I'm never coming again' Cue rocket into top corner and pandemonium ensues. Dave will be picking me up at 2.05pm tomorrow as per usual.

Final game of first season back in the top flight. Man City at home.

Think BFJ did something similar to a coin toss to decide whether to play Hallworth or Kiely - Kiely ended up in net. My friend (about 13 at the time) couldn't believe it, and said that if we lost he was never going again. We got battered and he threw his season ticket book on the pitch at the end, and hasn't been back since.

Think BFJ did something similar to a coin toss to decide whether to play Hallworth or Kiely - Kiely ended up in net. My friend (about 13 at the time) couldn't believe it, and said that if we lost he was never going again. We got battered and he threw his season ticket book on the pitch at the end, and hasn't been back since.

Don't you mean this fella.

keeley!!

Bit pathetic really.

If we had won that game we would have finished 11th. We lost and finished 17th or 18th. The difference in prize money would have made all the difference in the transfer market and who knows where it would have taken us. If only....... is the story of Latics!

I think I said I would definitely never go again if Ronnie carried on being our manager and I am pretty sure I meant it as well. At least until we got rid of him.

I said I'd never go again after we lose at home to Posh 4-1 in the Ritchie era. Needless to say, I did go back.

I also have a friend, who regularly says he isn't going to Latics again, when we draw or lose a game.

P.S - He also posts on here!

I may have said it when the Chaddy was seated over, it coincided with me having a Saturday job, and then going to University, and then moving down South but failing to find a pot of gold. I have many regrets about many things, but I will never be called a glory seeker...