what does kevin maher

Quickly cos I'm going out - today wasn't Maher's fault - I'm still baffled as to why we'd take off a winger for a holding midfielder when the opposition are down to ten men, and we still play the width...

Maher went out there into a bad formation...

whatever he did he wasnt as bad as whittacker today...

Agree, so disappointing today was Danny. Thought Allott had his best game for weeks, as for Hughes £400k, bite their feckin hands off. Largely disinterested and yet another stupid booking why the feck does he have to get involved? Already got the pen then shoves the keeper argy bargy lucky to stay on himself then the edge in his game is immediately nullified 'cos of the risk of another yellow. Tit!

He's not someone who'll come off the bench and grab the game by the scruff of the neck is he?

No he isn't,he was put on to allow Whittaker to move forward and support the forwards more. It didn't work i'll grant you.

He's not match winner whatever he is.

I wouldn't disagree really, he isn't going to come on and beat 7 men and launch a screamer in to the top corner every game. We seemed to be making lots of chances anyway though, I can see the sense in bringing him on to control things when everything was packed up tight in front of him.

as for Hughes £400k, bite their feckin hands off. Largely disinterested and yet another stupid booking why the feck does he have to get involved? Already got the pen then shoves the keeper argy bargy lucky to stay on himself then the edge in his game is immediately nullified 'cos of the risk of another yellow. Tit!

Sorry, is he disinterested or does he get unneccesarily involved? An absolutely ridiculous comment - Hughes is one of the keenest, most 'interested' and enthusiastic players I have ever seen play. The incident you talk of stemmed from Hughes simply pulling back their player who was going for Taylor. Their players then swarmed around him and I thought Hughes showed good restraint. Turns out he got booked for gobbing off but in the face of such provocation he did ok. Agree that his game was then blunted - he wasn't at his best today, but still worried the opposition.

He's not someone who'll come off the bench and grab the game by the scruff of the neck is he?

Exactly Coco! You have got it spot on, but in totally the wrong context! The fact he isnt an impact player is not his fault, it is Shez's... Whit's hasnt got involved in a game since the first 6 or 7 games of a season, Maher has strolled through and controlled games since he came on at half time against cheltenham.

For me, it doesnt matter who we play. Maher starts, and Whitaker is your impact player if things are going wrong. Ideally you would have Smalley and Taylor on the wings to give maher an outlet, however even in todays game Maher has the ability to control it from the start. Not come on into a dubios formation with 20 mins left.

I'd be stunned if Maher doesnt start at Peterboro, with Whits on the bench.... and I bet we look twice the team for it. Just seems to be a pity that after no game for 10 days Sheridan seems to have forgotten everything learned at Southend and northampton.

Edited by BigfinLatic

hes not someone id bring on, because id start him. he brings what gregan would have brought 4 years ago, and what mark allot strives to bring. thats not an allot dig by the way, cos i like him, hes just not as big as maher.

:lol:

No one is as big as gregan though. Think both maher and Allott have a lot of pies to go to get to that level. One day boys. One day...

(if you are referring to control, leadership and authority, i agree totally :wink: )