Gregan Bad Mouth Injury

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your tired have an early night.

Tired of a hackneyed thread of negativity. His teammates , his manager all say that the criticism - and the encouragement - he provides is helpful, is part of what he contributes.

But you know better of course.

Edited by LaticsPete

Tired of a hackneyed thread of negativity. His teammates , his manager all say that the criticism - and the encouragement - he provides is helpful, is part of what he contributes.

But you know better of course.

We know what we see!!! We see an overweight, slow, gaffe-prone bully who criticises everybody around him. The negativity will stop when he deserves his place which at the momenthe most definately isn't.

This is a board of opinions. We do not have to take the word of the manager as gospel and you don't have to be a professional footballer to see when a player is not playing well.

We know what we see!!! We see an overweight, slow, gaffe-prone bully who criticises everybody around him. The negativity will stop when he deserves his place which at the momenthe most definately isn't.

This is a board of opinions. We do not have to take the word of the manager as gospel and you don't have to be a professional footballer to see when a player is not playing well.

Presumably you've spoken to a few players who have said he's a bully?

Oh Dear...... :disappointed:

Open your eyes, man!!!

Can you not see a man who is NOT leading by example?

He shouts at players for HIS mistakes.

So, that's a no then.

To put it really simply: You just "think" you know what the players feel, and based on what you "think", you can say that shez is not telling the truth. Twaddle.

thats a bit harsh on greegan,he did look slow at times on sat but he wears the shirt an thats enough for me hes having a tough time at the mo,can you imagine all the people you know turning there back on you when your having a bad time in your life.thats when you need them the most

So we blindly carry on as if nothing is wrong. His personal life is having a bearing on his performances.

My answer - take him out of the limelight so he can sort himself out.

Your answer - pat him on the head, send him out with the captain's armband and say "Carry on, Sean, it'll all come together soon".

So we blindly carry on as if nothing is wrong. His personal life is having a bearing on his performances.

My answer - take him out of the limelight so he can sort himself out.

Your answer - pat him on the head, send him out with the captain's armband and say "Carry on, Sean, it'll all come together soon".

He looked to be getting back to his best at Southend and against Walsall (after already being taken out of the teamt and given a break..... that's how blindly the management have been with him)

Some captains have a quiet word, some bellow. Gregan as always captained the same way from the beginning ....... so why do you have a big issue with it now ????

He looked to be getting back to his best at Southend and against Walsall (after already being taken out of the teamt and given a break..... that's how blindly the management have been with him)

Some captains have a quiet word, some bellow. Gregan as always captained the same way from the beginning ....... so why do you have a big issue with it now ????

Because yesterday was like a rerun of a month ago. It's not enough to have a captain that only shouts. He needs to take a measure of responsibility.

So the previous two games don't count in this assessment of yours then ..... ok didn't realise, sorry. But if I'm reading correctly a game from a month ago counts .....sweet think I'm getting ya!

Ok so to recap before I formulate an answer, I need to realise that we must ignore any games he as shown some positivity and would I be right in using the word praise towards the team he manages. The idea is to concentrate on the .......... what could be seen in some peoples opinions as mistakes. Yep, think I've got it now :shock:

P.S How did 30 of you manage to stand for the whole game in the Rocky ....... I thought BP was a all-seater stadium :unsure:

P.S How did 30 of you manage to stand for the whole game in the Rocky ....... I thought BP was a all-seater stadium :unsure:

Well that's a quality response!!!

Not quite sure you've grasped this football thing. Gregan is a defender and as such he is making mistakes as a defender. How many times are you going to talk him up and ignore the points he has cost us?

I've put plenty of my thoughts on here on why he is not worth his place.

Time for you to throw your thoughts on why he should have kept his place (assuming he is not fit for the next game).

The floor is yours, old boy!!!

Yesterday I actually thought Gregan didn't do too badly IMO only, skinned for the goal but leaving a centre half one on one with a striker is schoolboy defending where was the covering player?

Other than that he got caught out once in the second half before he got injured - so wasn't great however i've seen much much worse.

I do think we need to get behind him and maybe a bit of sympathy should be given to a bloke who even when not playing well is prepared to get hurt for the cause. BTW when subbed against Cheltenham there were no histrionics, no sulks and he celebrated when the team got back into the game. Then in his program notes he assumed responsibility for mistakes and acknowledged any issues.

Maybe as supporters thats what we should do support one of our own when he's down.

This is when we need to show our class as fans because as was said earlier when he is on form he leads by example, without him we are a little lightweight. We all know he isn't the quickest so he can be covered, other than that in this league, on form, he is as good as anything

Yesterday I actually thought Gregan didn't do too badly IMO only, skinned for the goal but leaving a centre half one on one with a striker is schoolboy defending where was the covering player?

As it happens I was thinking of you when I thought about just that mistake Rob! There aren't too many CBs that would look forward to a sprint race over 30 yards against a centre forward. As it happens Gregan was still close enough to give him something to think about but the lad held his nerve. Stam would have done no better, nor would a latter years Will Haining.

Other than that he got caught out once in the second half before he got injured - so wasn't great however i've seen much much worse.

I do think we need to get behind him and maybe a bit of sympathy should be given to a bloke who even when not playing well is prepared to get hurt for the cause. BTW when subbed against Cheltenham there were no histrionics, no sulks and he celebrated when the team got back into the game. Then in his program notes he assumed responsibility for mistakes and acknowledged any issues.

Maybe as supporters thats what we should do support one of our own when he's down.

This is when we need to show our class as fans because as was said earlier when he is on form he leads by example, without him we are a little lightweight. We all know he isn't the quickest so he can be covered, other than that in this league, on form, he is as good as anything

You made some good points.

The other defender can't always cover as he has his own duties.

I don't agree with the lightweight bit, when he got taken out of the limelight against Northampton, we had a markedly improved and balanced side.

I'm not saying that he can't come back but I think he needs a bit more time to get himself sorted. Whilst he is not at his best, the team is suffering and we, as fans, should concentrate on supporting the whole team and not on a part.

You made some good points.

The other defender can't always cover as he has his own duties.

I don't agree with the lightweight bit, when he got taken out of the limelight against Northampton, we had a markedly improved and balanced side.

I'm not saying that he can't come back but I think he needs a bit more time to get himself sorted. Whilst he is not at his best, the team is suffering and we, as fans, should concentrate on supporting the whole team and not on a part.

I do agree that we need to support the team and squad as a whole. To be fair when I said "lightweight" I mean't against the more physical sides eg Huddersfield at home when Stam and Reuben got a bit of a chasing imo. I think we might have lost against leicester with Steve Howard without Gregan.

In terms of the covering defender from my earliest playing days I have always been taught that you always have one man over at the back even when attacking, so you have one player to make a challenge and one to pick up the pieces(sweeper style even if you are not playing with one) or hold up the attacker to allow other players to get back. Usually the right or left back to be fair or a holding midfielder if both full backs have gone forward.

Yesterday we got caught short at the back though their forward was quick

Just my opinions though and I do as is obivous to most see a drop in form again, we need a fully fit and focused Gregan to improve our current slightly porous back line. Depending on what happens in Jan I think we could do with another centre half, preferably one with pace, ability in the air and able to play football - how old is Jobbo now lol?

He didn't even play against Southend!!!