Gregan Bad Mouth Injury

We know what we see!!! We see an overweight, slow, gaffe-prone bully who criticises everybody around him. The negativity will stop when he deserves his place which at the momenthe most definately isn't.

This is a board of opinions. We do not have to take the word of the manager as gospel and you don't have to be a professional footballer to see when a player is not playing well.

You are talking nonsense!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a grip, man. If I thought he had a good game then I would say so. There is no hidden agenda in the way I look at players. In my opinion AND listening to several groups around my seat in the RRE, he had a poor game.

The reason for this recurring theme is because our "best player" is performing significantly below what his early season form displayed.

If, in my opinion, his next game is equally abysmal, then I will be on here to state my displeasure. Equally so, if I think he has an outstanding game I will also be on here to say so.

Get used to it. It is MY opinion. If you don't like, don't read it!!!

Mike, take your blinkers off. Yes Gregan has had some problems of late, but he is still the best defender at the club. On Saturday he never missed a header, that is what you need at this level. 8 times out of 10 both him and Hazell have the ability to hadle most attackers at this level, thats why we have only lost 4 league games. Lets just get behind the team. I think Crossley is old, slow and leaves every cross for the defence to deal with, but you dont see me starting threads about it. We are doing ok, and I think we are well capable of getting a result on Sat. Some of our fans need to have a look at the bigger picture sometimes We love to pull individuals apart for some reason. Lets face it Gregan would walk into most back 4's in this division. Lets support him!!!!! ROLL ON SAT, and 3 POINTS!

You are talking nonsense!

You gave that one a lot of thought, Eddie!!!

You are going to have to do better than that, so give me the benefit of your undoubted footballing wisdom so we can move forward.

Outline how he helps the team NOW! And NOT based on his form at the start of the season!

Gregan, stated in his own words, he was having personal problems which affected his performances but you seem oblivious to his current form.

Your the one who needs to get a grip, you have started this one man crusade against Gregan

no he didnt, i did. it was a one man crusade 18 months ago, now its quite a posse of people who are big enough to swallow their pride and remove the blinkers. you dont have to join, live and let live i say. i now find it funny that people still believe one man can defy the natural decline that comes with age, and drink.

obviously its not funny at the game, but ive got reverse blinkers now, i can ignore it now others can see it.

Mike, take your blinkers off. Yes Gregan has had some problems of late, but he is still the best defender at the club. On Saturday he never missed a header, that is what you need at this level. 8 times out of 10 both him and Hazell have the ability to hadle most attackers at this level, thats why we have only lost 4 league games. Lets just get behind the team. I think Crossley is old, slow and leaves every cross for the defence to deal with, but you dont see me starting threads about it. We are doing ok, and I think we are well capable of getting a result on Sat. Some of our fans need to have a look at the bigger picture sometimes We love to pull individuals apart for some reason. Lets face it Gregan would walk into most back 4's in this division. Lets support him!!!!! ROLL ON SAT, and 3 POINTS!

Eddie, I'm not disputing he is our best defender, I just do not feel we are getting that at this moment. As the phrase goes "form is temporary, class is permanent". He'll come back when he gets his head screwed back on and facing the right direction.

As with any player at the club, I will support them when they pull the blue shirt on and play well consistently. If he plays in the next game and has a stormer, I will be on here to say so. But equally I have the right to question his right to a starting line-up slot should he have a stinker.

I supported him fully when details first emerged on here (and removed very quickly) about his private life, I supported him when was removed from the starting line-up and when he gets back to his best, I will support him then.

My support is for a successful club, not an individual. As I have done since the early 70's with 3 promotions and 2 relegations.

no he didnt, i did. it was a one man crusade 18 months ago, now its quite a posse of people who are big enough to swallow their pride and remove the blinkers. you dont have to join, live and let live i say. i now find it funny that people still believe one man can defy the natural decline that comes with age, and drink.

obviously its not funny at the game, but ive got reverse blinkers now, i can ignore it now others can see it.

The posse is just you and mikejh45 and a couple of hangers on, you admit that you have had an 18 month crusade against Gregan, that is nothing to be proud of, and is actually just stupid.

Talking of wearing blinkers even the most shortsighted people can see that he has had several man of the match performances in that time but your blinkers will not allow you to see that, so even though he was man of the match you still thought he was :censored:e, that just about says it all.

The posse is just you and mikejh45 and a couple of hangers on, you admit that you have had an 18 month crusade against Gregan, that is nothing to be proud of, and is actually just stupid.

Talking of wearing blinkers even the most shortsighted people can see that he has had several man of the match performances in that time but your blinkers will not allow you to see that, so even though he was man of the match you still thought he was :censored:e, that just about says it all.

I'm not sure of the thought processes of some of the people who vote for MOTM. One person voted for Gregan against Northampton when he was on for one minute only. How does that work?

Also, if the people I was sat with on Saturday are a fair representation of Oldham support, then there are significantly more who are currently displeased with Gregan's performances. The general view was that Gregan was having a poor game or are they all short-sighted too?

you would be a crap barrister. i said i started it and now try my best to ignore it. i even gave him an 8 v leicester, even though i felt he could have won the header, as i didnt want to be seen as 'on a crusade'. i often acknowledge the tranmere performance, but he was lucky to be on the pitch and leeds is blinkersville we can all honestly admit he made two crap late desperate tackles in the area, which were fouls, that went unpunished. class may be permanent, so he will always win headers, in fact id love him in the masters team! but nice attempt at trying to make my words say what you want them to say.

two performances in over a third of a season is not enough. lets be generous and say hes had five, its not enough. try and realise that the human body degrades with age. try and accept that his reaction away at blackpool was because he knew what parker said is true, then realise that was a long time ago and were still doing it.

four years ago greegs could have lead the charge of the light brigade. now probably only shez, and a few scared youth teamers, would follow him out of the trench.

I have had a sift back through previous threads and can find no posts from you commending Gregan on his massive man of the match performances away at Leeds and Tranmere where both opposing managers who are infinately better placed and more informed than you, thought he was the difference between the teams and was head and shoulders man of the match.

:lol: no matter how correct i believed i was, even when i was being desserted in droves, i would know i was in trouble if i had to say 'well ronnie moore and gary macallister agree with me'

id give jobson a run out, he used to be good too

:lol: no matter how correct i believed i was, even when i was being desserted in droves, i would know i was in trouble if i had to say 'well ronnie moore and gary macallister agree with me'

id give jobson a run out, he used to be good too

How dare he lose 'an header' or make a misplaced pass. Allot and Whits haven't passed water for the last half a dozen games (apart from the couple where Maher joined in - Hughes has made some terrible decisions, in particular when not passing to Byfield on a number of occasions, over the last few games, Rubes gets caught out of position and loses headers, gives posession away as often if not more than Greags, who generally just "deals with it"

Older than last season - well of course, :blink: I believe it's a cycle that we all go through :wink:

Slower - That goes with the point above

Overweight - Ditto

A bad example on the pitch - without his will to win at times, we would not be in the position we are in now.

Far from saying he is as good as 4 years ago - who is at mid 30s? He is still a very important member of the team imo and those who believe that he is making more mistakes than most of the team, are sadly blinkered in my book.

Edited by futchers briefs

I'm not sure of the thought processes of some of the people who vote for MOTM. One person voted for Gregan against Northampton when he was on for one minute only. How does that work?

Also, if the people I was sat with on Saturday are a fair representation of Oldham support, then there are significantly more who are currently displeased with Gregan's performances. The general view was that Gregan was having a poor game or are they all short-sighted too?

Where do you sit Mike???? With your friends that also have a issue with Gregan too? He has had a dip in form, but so has half the team. If you have problems at home does your boss tell you to take it easy and put your feet up? The fact is many of our squad are playing below average IMO but we have still took 10 points from 12.

Where do you sit Mike???? With your friends that also have a issue with Gregan too? He has had a dip in form, but so has half the team. If you have problems at home does your boss tell you to take it easy and put your feet up? The fact is many of our squad are playing below average IMO but we have still took 10 points from 12.

Are you BB80 is disguise? :clown:

Are you BB80 is disguise? :clown:

Absolutely not!!! And the face has got more hair than me. However, the nose has been a similar colour on more than one occasion.

Regarding the dip in form of other players, I have wanted/still want Smalley/Lee to play instead of Liddell, Fleming on occasion instead of Crossley and Maher instead of Allott recently.

We have a squad that we should be using whereas in my office, if I have a problem then I delegate to other members of my team while I sort things out.

I know that people will argue this point and they are entitled to do so, but I have seen 3 of the last 4 games realise 9 points when Stam has played and we get 1 point in the first game he doesn't figure in. No coincidence from my perspective.

Another point from which I'd like your thoughts was the vote for Gregan against Northampton when he only came on for a minute and didn't touch the ball. How does that work?

Edited by mikejh45

Absolutely not!!! And the face has got more hair than me. However, the nose has been a similar colour on more than one occasion.

Regarding the dip in form of other players, I have wanted/still want Smalley/Lee to play instead of Liddell, Fleming on occasion instead of Crossley and Maher instead of Allott recently.

We have a squad that we should be using whereas in my office, if I have a problem then I delegate to other members of my team while I sort things out.

I know that people will argue this point and they are entitled to do so, but I have seen 3 of the last 4 games realise 9 points when Stam has played and we get 1 point in the first game he doesn't figure in. No coincidence from my perspective.

Another point from which I'd like your thoughts was the vote for Gregan against Northampton when he only came on for a minute and didn't touch the ball. How does that work?

I'm starting to wonder if Ruben Hazell donned a Sean Gregan mask and that's why you're blaming Gregan for Brighton's goal. They scored because Hazell went walkabouts, end of.

I'm starting to wonder if Ruben Hazell donned a Sean Gregan mask and that's why you're blaming Gregan for Brighton's goal. They scored because Hazell went walkabouts, end of.

Your view and opinion!!!

My view and opinion was that Gregan was last man and was caught flat-footed!!!

Would you also like to comment on the Gregan at Northampton vote?

Edited by mikejh45

We were too high up the pitch, Crossley should have come out of his home (the 6 yard box) and put Murray under a bit more pressure, but it was a good finish non the less. Things are ok at the moment..... But if we want pace at the back, Stam it not the answer, so Gregan stays for me - for once domething I agree with Shez anout this season.

We were too high up the pitch, Crossley should have come out of his home (the 6 yard box) and put Murray under a bit more pressure, but it was a good finish non the less. Things are ok at the moment..... But if we want pace at the back, Stam it not the answer, so Gregan stays for me - for once domething I agree with Shez anout this season.

Stam is distinctly more mobile than Gregan and would be my choice and if stats are to be believed then the Hazell/Stam partnership is our meanest combination.

What about the comment over the vote for Gregan against Northampton?