Michel Kuipers

Did anyone see what the Brighton keeper Michel Kuipers said towards the chaddy end after the match had finished? As he was picking up his towel and so on he seemed to have a bit of a face off with some kids at the bottom of the stand, then from my position towards the top of the stand I saw him mouth a sentence that ended in "f**king s**t" in the direction of the fans, twice. Dunno whether it was out loud but he certainly seemed to deliberately make it lip-readable and I heard a few people react to it.

Anyone else on here see this?

Did anyone see what the Brighton keeper Michel Kuipers said towards the chaddy end after the match had finished? As he was picking up his towel and so on he seemed to have a bit of a face off with some kids at the bottom of the stand, then from my position towards the top of the stand I saw him mouth a sentence that ended in "f**king s**t" in the direction of the fans, twice. Dunno whether it was out loud but he certainly seemed to deliberately make it lip-readable and I heard a few people react to it.

No....But i bet it wasn't as bad as what Neville Southall said to me :o

I saw it clearly from the front of the Chaddy, but I couldn't lip read. He gave me the impression that he was expressing some disgust.

During the game, when he and Hughesy were going for the ball in the area and it went for a goal kick, Kuipers brought Hughesy down after the ball had gone out of play. Hughesy ended up in a heap off the pitch after colliding with the adverts. The ref miissed the incident and I ran to the front to draw the ref's attention to what had happened. The ref came and got Hughesy to his feet and took no action against Kuipers, who was booed from then on every time he had the ball. As I was returning to my seat a kid of about 12 shouted at Kuipers "f*****g n****r".

Kuipers' reaction at the end of the game may have been because he heard this racial abuse from that kid.

Just to clarify, never at any stage did I suggest Mr Kuipers should get in trouble/be banned/be disciplined such that the match be awarded to us, for his actions at the end. And if he was responding to the racist abuse he had every right to in my opinion.

All I wanted to know is who or what he felt he had to pointedly describe as "f**king s**t"? If I were naive or a Daily Mail reader I would have gone down the route of saying there were kids in the stand whose innocent ears became infected by such words and that after such an incident the only path from here was a life of crime for them, but as pointed out by Diego they're already au fait with the echelons of abuse that can be achieved. I already knew that. I also know that this keeper has played for Brighton for 6 years now and against us on numerous occasions without incident, but for me personally in 10 years of watching latics it was odd to see a keeper flip his lid in such a way back at a stand of opposition supporters. Hence the initial question.

As an aside I too saw the incident where he shoved Hughes into the advertising boards (not the only such shoving incident from Brighton and their physical side, a facet we seem to be seeing from them season upon season, may I add), which led to said abuse. I felt the ref should have taken at least some action, after all it's violent conduct is it not?

The ref had a very odd view on a few incidents.

Should Virgo have gone for pushing Taylor after the penalty award? I thought it was a stonewall red.

The was one incident where a through ball to O'Grady was interrupted by the referees whistle and the defender wrestled O'Grady off the ball. No action. Just because the whistle has gone doesn't give a player the right to try WWF!

On the penalty O'Grady didn't get, I was looking straight at the ref and he made no effort to look at his better placed lino (who didn't give it either, but that#s not the point).

And then that Hughes incident which was the other end of the pitch, so no idea what went on!

Just to clarify, never at any stage did I suggest Mr Kuipers should get in trouble/be banned/be disciplined such that the match be awarded to us, for his actions at the end. And if he was responding to the racist abuse he had every right to in my opinion.

All I wanted to know is who or what he felt he had to pointedly describe as "f**king s**t"? If I were naive or a Daily Mail reader I would have gone down the route of saying there were kids in the stand whose innocent ears became infected by such words and that after such an incident the only path from here was a life of crime for them, but as pointed out by Diego they're already au fait with the echelons of abuse that can be achieved. I already knew that. I also know that this keeper has played for Brighton for 6 years now and against us on numerous occasions without incident, but for me personally in 10 years of watching latics it was odd to see a keeper flip his lid in such a way back at a stand of opposition supporters. Hence the initial question.

lol. i apologise profusely for making assumptions on your choice of newspaper!

...when he and Hughesy were going for the ball in the area and it went for a goal kick, Kuipers brought Hughesy down after the ball had gone out of play. Hughesy ended up in a heap off the pitch after colliding with the adverts. The ref miissed the incident and I ran to the front to draw the ref's attention to what had happened. The ref came and got Hughesy to his feet and took no action against Kuipers....

There's a good picture of Hughes after the incident on the OS. The photographer missed me looking over the hoardings at Hughesy. :blink:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Galle...1480851,00.html

The rarely wrong Chron says:

"And it could conceivably have been nine men not long after when ’keeper Kuipers sent Hughes flying into the advertising hoardings after a reckless challenge which went unpunished."

The ref had a very odd view on a few incidents.

Should Virgo have gone for pushing Taylor after the penalty award? I thought it was a stonewall red.

The was one incident where a through ball to O'Grady was interrupted by the referees whistle and the defender wrestled O'Grady off the ball. No action. Just because the whistle has gone doesn't give a player the right to try WWF!

On the penalty O'Grady didn't get, I was looking straight at the ref and he made no effort to look at his better placed lino (who didn't give it either, but that#s not the point).

And then that Hughes incident which was the other end of the pitch, so no idea what went on!

It's called WWE now!!!

I saw it clearly from the front of the Chaddy, but I couldn't lip read. He gave me the impression that he was expressing some disgust.

During the game, when he and Hughesy were going for the ball in the area and it went for a goal kick, Kuipers brought Hughesy down after the ball had gone out of play. Hughesy ended up in a heap off the pitch after colliding with the adverts. The ref miissed the incident and I ran to the front to draw the ref's attention to what had happened. The ref came and got Hughesy to his feet and took no action against Kuipers, who was booed from then on every time he had the ball. As I was returning to my seat a kid of about 12 shouted at Kuipers "f*****g n****r".

Kuipers' reaction at the end of the game may have been because he heard this racial abuse from that kid.

not surprised you saw it clearly,there was no-one in the chaddy hardly,and once you got the refs attention was you planning to get him to book or send the keeper off,and did you try and get a stewerds attention over the racist comment,finally the keeper said"jez,them lads in the rre can make some noise,but your singin is f**kin :censored:e.ktf.

not surprised you saw it clearly,there was no-one in the chaddy hardly,and once you got the refs attention was you planning to get him to book or send the keeper off,and did you try and get a stewerds attention over the racist comment,finally the keeper said"jez,them lads in the rre can make some noise,but your singin is f**kin :censored:e.ktf.

My view from the front of the Chaddy would have been just as good if it had been full, but nice dig there at the stayaways! :unsure:

My intention was to get the ref to send off the keeper and for justice to be seen to be done. :mad:

On hearing the racist comment, my immediate reaction was shock, followed by an impulsive lunge with my foot to trip the offender as he turned to return to his seat. I missed and realised that was a stupid thing to attempt. To my shame I did not report the incident to a steward. :blush:

Your final comment is pathetic when we're all supposed to be keeping the Fath! :disappointed: