said it before say it again

after being out-run/out fought for the first 15minutes of the 2nd half, who would you have brought on?

Alessandra all day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about twenty minutes earlier, :censored: me 4 defenders against Forster ?

Edited by Markoasis
No need for the swearing mate.

twas a bit strange werent it - tekkin off a right winger for a left/centre midfielder - love shezza but couldnt understand that one - godda give their keeper some credit today - got to stop shouting dodgy keeper - they always seem to prove me wrong - be like tics to beat posh next week - oooooh dear posh - i feel a new thread coming on...

twas a bit strange werent it - tekkin off a right winger for a left/centre midfielder - love shezza but couldnt understand that one - godda give their keeper some credit today - got to stop shouting dodgy keeper - they always seem to prove me wrong - be like tics to beat posh next week - oooooh dear posh - i feel a new thread coming on...

new thread or a merged one ?

not fred - tony -geeeez!

when lewis came on for allott i had a bloke behind me shout "what the hell are you doing shez i thought we wanted to win this"

he was right though we took off that defencive goalscoring machine allott for that attacking goalscoring machine lewis but hell if thats all thats on the bench.....

The key problem with the substitution was lack of width.

Taylor seemed to move infield a little, so we lost width on the left. wtf their right sided centre half was off and their right back was on a yellow card! And he's won a penalty and scared the hell out of them the few occasions we gave him possession!!

Whitaker didn't seem to stick out right, so we lost width on the right.

Lomax didn't seem to bomb on down the right as Eardley would have done.

So does Shez have a clue what his best team is against any opposition or specific opposition? I have my doubts.

Despite O'Grady doing a decent job yesterday, I still think that midfield needs Lewis Alessandra on the pitch to take the pressure off it. He is the one who holds the ball up, bridging that huge gap we saw between the front man and the row of players behind. He's the one that takes the pressure of a midfield that does, at times, look more stretched than it should be. He's the one that gives Whitaker the real outlets to be creative. If you want to hoof it forwards then he's not the man to have on the pitch. But the players Latics have look so much better when they keep it on the floor.

As for Maher? Odd substitution, but from the subs available Shez didn't exactly have exceptional match winning options. Perhaps Eardley was the most potent goal threat on the bench!! Maher himself - I think he's an excellent player and that should put a little bit of pressure on Allott to deliver.

It wasn't a terrible performance. We just didn't make the most of an opportunity that presented itself yesterday which is disappointing.

Edited by opinions4u

when lewis came on for allott i had a bloke behind me shout "what the hell are you doing shez i thought we wanted to win this"

he was right though we took off that defencive goalscoring machine allott for that attacking goalscoring machine lewis but hell if thats all thats on the bench.....

good comment, but if Shez is happy to send his 2nd best striker out on loan to a rival that's what we are left with....and Hughes could be on his way as well......oh eck!!

I looked at the bench before the game yesterday and was a bit miffed to say the least...there was nobody on it other than maybe Allesandra with the ability to change a game. We missed Byfield with his injury.....No Davies for obvious reasons but where was Smalley?

At the begining of the season we seemed to have strength all over the pitch but that bench yesterday for a home game was P*** POOR.

Smalley, if fit, surely has to start ahead of Liddell, especially at home. Against 10 men yesterday we should have run'em ragged with two wide players.

Eardley was a revelation in midfield at the end of last season and chipped in with a few goals, with Lomax at right back and Eardley as sub wasn't it a perfect opportunity to try him again in that position.

Maher perhaps should have started but he was never going to change the course of the game from the subs bench!

Very very frustrating as always!!!!

Liddell for me was having a very good game whereas Danny Whittaker did bugger all imo. He sent Allessandra to warm up about 20minutes before the end and brought him on with 2 to go. Stupid we should have gone gung ho at them. Sean Gregan more or less played midfield for the last 20minutes so why not replace him with Maher. Also why on earth after we took our right winger off did we keep playing the ball to Lomax who then had no option but to boot it up the field.

That game cried out for someone like Chris Porter due to the fact we put numerous balls in the box and yet no one bothered attacking them and noone looked like even scoring off them. Set pieces are problem aswell were rubbish at attacking them and rubbish at defending them. I get nervous if they get a corner.

Shez didn't get it right yesterday with the substitutions, but to say he can't make subs when he's changed the games against Millwall, Walsall, Colchester and Cheltenham (a) is a bit churlish. FFS, it aint going to happen every time we're chasing a game.

Reality check, non?

Shez didn't get it right yesterday with the substitutions, but to say he can't make subs when he's changed the games against Millwall, Walsall, Colchester and Cheltenham (a) is a bit churlish. FFS, it aint going to happen every time we're chasing a game.

Reality check, non?

its true you cant always get it right and go on to win the game....but he must watch a different game than we do....

liddell was doing fine and finding space holding it up and making passes....whittacker had a mare all day wouldnt tackle and couldnt pass....they go down to ten men give it 5 mins or so then bring allessandra on for pace keep lidds out right tell taylor to stay on the left and run at them,there defenders were gash onyellows and scared stiff.....we didnt take advantage...greegan was subbed for injury so you cant complain about that one....

but we didnt have the strongest bench yesterday anyway....

as for second best striker out on loan....that was last season,he hasnt shown diddly squat this season....if someone offers what has been rumoured then let him go....christ for 250k id even be happy if porter came back!!!