liddell

Matthew Tipton was brought on in a game once...got subbed off for utterly :censored:ting out of a tackle...Liddell did it today. Big time. Thought he was his usual self...nothing good, nothing rubbish but he ain't the reason we didn't win. But on one tackle inparticular, in 2nd half, he was an utter embarrassment...maybe was on more...but they were nowt to write home in comparison. Might be why he was taken off too...altho what followed from Shez tactically was staggeringly :censored:...but I'm sure I'll find that topic on another thread.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Matthew Tipton was brought on in a game once...got subbed off for utterly :censored:ting out of a tackle...Liddell did it today. Big time. Thought he was his usual self...nothing good, nothing rubbish but he ain't the reason we didn't win. But on one tackle inparticular, in 2nd half, he was an utter embarrassment...maybe was on more...but they were nowt to write home in comparison. Might be why he was taken off too...altho what followed from Shez tactically was staggeringly :censored:...but I'm sure I'll find that topic on another thread.

in all these years of the JKLatics and Oh When the Blues (go merging in) message boards i've never seen you express an opinion on Liddell.

why now?

Personally - been a great fan of him for years, even before he came to us, but now, i just don't see what he brings to the team. yes you can always rely on him to score a penalty, but thats just not enough.

Going forward, he can't beat a man, and will only get a decent ball in if he has space which isn't enough. He tends to knock it back to the full back 6-7 times out of 10. Defensivly, i think he works hard, but he can't tackle, lacks pace so really makes the Right Backs position harder than it should be. For me, it's time to give smalley a run in the side, or potentially go 3 in the middle and allow taylor to play where he feels like it.

smalley pulls out of challenges left right and centre, i agree about lidds today but i dont think smalley is the answer at the moment.

if we could toughen dean up seeing as how he is bigger than most fullbacks he comes up against then he would be one hell of a player.

but if he was then the rumours of clubs watching him would be totally true.

summary: lidds and smalley - soft gits

smalley pulls out of challenges left right and centre, i agree about lidds today but i dont think smalley is the answer at the moment.

if we could toughen dean up seeing as how he is bigger than most fullbacks he comes up against then he would be one hell of a player.

but if he was then the rumours of clubs watching him would be totally true.

summary: lidds and smalley - soft gits

No smalley doesnt. he fluffed shoving his foot in in one game in the last minute hen he could have scored... forgotten totally who it was against, the dippers or Leeds possibly?... and no-one has forgiven him for it...

Hasnt let us down yet this season.... surely now it is deans time, injuries permitting.... but hey, its the Sheridan selecion roulette, who knows!

No smalley doesnt. he fluffed shoving his foot in in one game in the last minute hen he could have scored... forgotten totally who it was against, the dippers or Leeds possibly?... and no-one has forgiven him for it...

Hasnt let us down yet this season.... surely now it is deans time, injuries permitting.... but hey, its the Sheridan selecion roulette, who knows!

no he has played many games on the wing or up front where the defender has dominated him, because he is to soft and lets himself get bullied.

huddersfield in the cup is the perfect example, he got bullied for 80 mins of the game against page i think, in the league a month later, he bullied page.

so he does have it , it just depends which dean turns up

Deane Smalley will never be good enough to make that right wing his own, He's no where near ready to do Liddells job for a full half never mind 90 minutes. Andy Liddell plays a big part for us, He creates a lot of space for other players and Kelvin Lomax ( who doesnt have the bottle to bomb forward).

If your calling out for a replacement for Liddell, Deane Smalley definitely isnt the man.

Last season, my brother-in-law slated Smalley at every opportunity until the Everton game after which he changed his opinion. This season, we saw a lively Liddell start the campaign well and has slowly deteriorated. Smalley has yet to have a serious runout, that time has got to be now.

His tackling may be as bad as Liddell, but that is not what you want from him. Get his confidence up and he will drag more than one defender to him.

Surely if Lidds didn't play we should play Taylor on the right ?? Or is that too obvious

who would you play on the left? without moving the whole team around.

just realised this debate has been done to death.

if smalley added a bit more aggresion to his game i belive he would be superb right winger, which means stronger in the air foir his size, and run a defenders alot more, we all know he can do it.

he just seems to timid to play league 1 football on a regular basis at the moment

Its when Lids gets the ball on the break away which makes me thinks his time has come he just isnt fast enough and the break away just doesnt happen because he cant carry the ball. Noticed this twice vs Brighton but also in numerous other games.

I think Shez was ready to give Smalley a run out before he got injured and I am sure he will get a run in the team very soon.

Doncaster away. Could have murdered him for that :D