forward planning

ok we have all heard the various rumours of hughes eardley and taylor leaving in the transfer window...

my only concern is that we are not already looking or drawing up a list of potential replacements...

what i want to happen is if these rumours are true the players concerned go as soon as the window opens,that gives us a few weeks to find replacements and try to keep pushing on.

think if hughes n taylor leave thats that....mid table playoffs will be a massive ask..but if they stay or one or the other stays...i dont want us just buying anybody with 5 hours to go...

any suggestions on possible replacemtnts???

i know bishops been mentioned a few times...

my only concern is that we are not already looking or drawing up a list of potential replacements...

Classic. "I can't see it so it isn't happening."

How do you know we aren't?

Would you like the club to make its list of targets public so Doncaster can sign them?

ok we have all heard the various rumours of hughes eardley and taylor leaving in the transfer window...

what i want to happen is if these rumours are true the players concerned go as soon as the window opens,that gives us a few weeks to find replacements and try to keep pushing on.

think if hughes n taylor leave thats that....mid table playoffs will be a massive ask..but if they stay or one or the other stays...i dont want us just buying anybody with 5 hours to go...

any suggestions on possible replacemtnts???

i know bishops been mentioned a few times...

You already know the answer Ed, we'll be strung along until January 31st, people will leave - then in our usual reactive way, ":censored: we'd better sign someone", then draw a blank, whilst we all shell oout for new F5 keys.

Was the summers pro-activity a one off in the transfer market? I hope not.

Classic. "I can't see it so it isn't happening."

How do you know we aren't?

Would you like the club to make its list of targets public so Doncaster can sign them?

going off past experiences with shez transfer activity,then yes its a concern...

like prozac has said we could be strung along all january with the will they wont they....the longer nobody comes in the less likey shez is to search for replacements..as in the past its been a case of,there still here then why look.

be a shame to be around the top six then lose players at the last moment with nobody coming in and us dropping away wouldnt it.....

If management know there is substance to the rumours and that the players concerned are likely ( and that should be sufficient to trigger a reaction ) to go in the window, then any competent manager would already have replacement targets lined up. Shez, of course, won't, history tells you that.

If management know there is substance to the rumours and that the players concerned are likely ( and that should be sufficient to trigger a reaction ) to go in the window, then any competent manager would already have replacement targets lined up. Shez, of course, won't, history tells you that.

How do we know that Shez hasn't got plans if he loses any of these players? He's not likely to broadcast the fact is he. He has to behave to the fans that he is not going to lose anyone, therefore he doesn't need replacements. Byfield may be one of them.

You already know the answer Ed, we'll be strung along until January 31st, people will leave - then in our usual reactive way, ":censored: we'd better sign someone", then draw a blank, whilst we all shell oout for new F5 keys.

Was the summers pro-activity a one off in the transfer market? I hope not.

You mean Sheridan and the board improved hugely the last time they were doing transfer negotiations? I agree. Post Porter, post Wellens etc they are learning. What puzzles me is why after finally getting it right they would forget about doing anything this Christmas and make a right arse of it, presumably emptying the last bottle of Scotch in the Boardroom cabinet and realising that we only have 2 centre backs and Wolfy in the squad. I struggle to believe that Mr Corney isn't alive to both the playing and financial aspects of anything that is going on in the squad.