He did!

He got turned by the forward he was supposed to be marking and left for dead.

In the second half, he lost his player twice in a couple of minutes and had to be saved on both occasions by Hazell. And what was his response, he shouts at Crossley and Hazell. Team captain my arse!!!

Let's look logically at his overall contributions:

1) If the opposition has a big forward, then Gregan let's Hazell mark him and then shouts at him if he gets beaten.

2) Gregan only wins headers against a smaller forward because he can't jump and if he gets turned it's Hazell's fault for not covering.

3) He hasn't won a header in an attacking position for over a year.

4) he has no man-management skills.

If you think I am being harsh, then I was standing shoulder to shoulder with about 30 other Latics fans in the RRE who all had the same opinion that he did not deserve a starting slot.

Absolute rubbish AGAIN, keep it coming.

Rest assured that Mike's favourite striker during Sharps playing days was Ian Marshall....he was the fastest. :wink:

I'm a big Gregan fan but he hasn't been himself of late. However, his performances have only deterioted to 'decent' rather than being 'immense' like they usually are. I still think to suggest he shouldn't be first choice (personal issues permitting) is crazy, and when the day comes that he isn't first choice he ought to be offloaded asap considering the wage I expect he pulls.

As for criticising his captaincy I just can't see the supposed issues. He's everything I would want in a captain and more, which (for me) is further reason on top of his ability for him to be first choice. I don't dispute he can be nasty to his poor team-mates, but that never much hampered Roy Keane (the best captain of all time?), who was also surrounded by much bigger egos. In some cases, egos nearly as big as Seans....... :wink:

Rest assured that Mike's favourite striker during Sharps playing days was Ian Marshall....he was the fastest. :wink:

I'm a big Gregan fan but he hasn't been himself of late. However, his performances have only deterioted to 'decent' rather than being 'immense' like they usually are. I still think to suggest he shouldn't be first choice (personal issues permitting) is crazy, and when the day comes that he isn't first choice he ought to be offloaded asap considering the wage I expect he pulls.

As for criticising his captaincy I just can't see the supposed issues. He's everything I would want in a captain and more, which (for me) is further reason on top of his ability for him to be first choice. I don't dispute he can be nasty to his poor team-mates, but that never much hampered Roy Keane (the best captain of all time?), who was also surrounded by much bigger egos. In some cases, egos nearly as big as Seans....... :wink:

Or Schmeichel

He did!

He got turned by the forward he was supposed to be marking and left for dead.

In the second half, he lost his player twice in a couple of minutes and had to be saved on both occasions by Hazell. And what was his response, he shouts at Crossley and Hazell. Team captain my arse!!!

Let's look logically at his overall contributions:

1) If the opposition has a big forward, then Gregan let's Hazell mark him and then shouts at him if he gets beaten.

2) Gregan only wins headers against a smaller forward because he can't jump and if he gets turned it's Hazell's fault for not covering.

3) He hasn't won a header in an attacking position for over a year.

4) he has no man-management skills.

If you think I am being harsh, then I was standing shoulder to shoulder with about 30 other Latics fans in the RRE who all had the same opinion that he did not deserve a starting slot.

take a look at the bigger picture, rather than blaming Gregan cuse you dont like him which is far to easy, the defence was out under pressure by the mifdfield, who had four chances to get rid of the ball and not one of em made a challenge , this allowing the opposition to knock the ball foward putting the defence under imediaate pressure, the midfield weee not in the gam ful stop and if they had done thir job this would not have happened