Hughes & Taylor to Donny...

Guy 1

The transfer could spark numerous chains of transfer ... it would also mean a shortage of a central midfielder, with Chris Taylor, David Prutton, Neil Kilkenney and Glen Whelan all linked across fan sites.

Up front looks the position however most likely to be strengthened is up front. As I've said I don't think this is as desperate as some Rovers fans try to make out, however if it helps the team, as I've also said I couldn't be against it. 'The Vikings' have been linked with Oldham's murderer Lee Hughes. The striker, now in his thirties is good in the air but also good with his feet. However like many of our strikers are proving with the amount of chances they are getting the step up in that position from League One to the Championship is a difficult one to make.

Guy 2

When you say linked you mean people who have been mentioned by niave supporters?

Leroy Lita?

Oldham want £400k for Hughes and £750k for Taylor. Also if we were to sign Hughes I would be gutted so hopefully SO'D wont be prepared to damage our reputation for scum.

We will not be anywhere near signing half the players you have mentioned. Get a grip.

Good signs?!

KtF

Joe ;)

There may well be a different South Yorkshire team bidding for Taylor:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Ta...ades.4770124.jp

May be some truth in this. Doesn't mean we would sell though!

In all honesty i think every championship side would love an inform Chris Taylor playing for them, in the next couple of months i reckon he will be linked to nearly all of them.

I say we put a 1.5 million pound price tag on him and then let the bidding begin from there.

Oldham's murderer Lee Hughes. The striker, now in his thirties is good in the air but also good with his feet.

:blink:

And the step up from league 1 to the championship is a big 'un you know, just as their strikers are finding out........after watching them last year, i would imagine, as results are proving this year, that statement could be used for the majority of their overpaid, overrated players :grin:

And the step up from league 1 to the championship is a big 'un you know, just as their strikers are finding out........after watching them last year, i would imagine, as results are proving this year, that statement could be used for the majority of their overpaid, overrated players :grin:

Hasn't anybody told them that Lee Hughes might just have actually played at a higher level than league 1 before.

Yorkshire Post this morning says that Sheff Utd, donny, and Nottm Forest all interested in Taylor. Reports that sources in Oldham " suggest it would take a bid of around £1 million".

Let's wait and see.

Edited by LaticsPete

the strikers were s**t in league 1 its only because the defenders are c**p which got them out = quote from richies dad on strikers at donny... :grin:

Kellysheroes is right, our strikers were crap in league 1 and even O Driscoll's slated them recently (I think Hayter can be let off as he's at least very creative even when he's not scoring). As I've said we can't afford Taylor and it's a myth that we want him so much as we are strong enough in his position.

Also we aint down yet, we've clawed an 8pt gap in to 2pts recently and there's a long way to go yet.