Louis Theroux

Rocky_Latic

And Kieran O'Brien was in it briefly, I was at school with him just after he had done "Gruey" or whatever it was called - He was also in that film the other year that got in to trouble as it had a full on consenting nooky between to legal consenting adults.

He did have a shocking yank accent in BoB but he was only in it for a sec, think it was as a supply person.

And Kieran O'Brien was in it briefly, I was at school with him just after he had done "Gruey" or whatever it was called - He was also in that film the other year that got in to trouble as it had a full on consenting nooky between to legal consenting adults.

He did have a shocking yank accent in BoB but he was only in it for a sec, think it was as a supply person.

When we were "yoof", we played for Chadderton, late 80s/early 90s. Thought he was bit of an arrogant pip back then, I can't imagine what he's like now!

In the early 90's I worked for Elf Atochem and visited for a global meeting at their Corporate office in Philli.

Anyway one of my U.S. colleagues took me for a drive around Philli after the second day of the meeting.....more of a case of me saying "Any chance of a look around while I'm here".

Anyway on the biggest mistakes I have ever made a totally frightening place, not dowtown but the backstreets of Philli.

I remember telling him saying to him after about 15 minutes into the "backstreet tour" ."Get me the :censored: out of here" :shock:

You should try Detroit, murder capital of the US. It is what I would call "interesting" especially late at night whilst drunk!! It's the only place where I've been offered a blow job for a dollar by a crack addict in a wheelchair. Was I tempted I hear you ask? Not when I saw her teeth which were black rotted stumps.

You should try Detroit, murder capital of the US. It is what I would call "interesting" especially late at night whilst drunk!! It's the only place where I've been offered a blow job for a dollar by a crack addict in a wheelchair. Was I tempted I hear you ask? Not when I saw her teeth which were black rotted stumps.

So it wasn't all bad then?

Another thumbs up for Band of Brothers, quality programme although a liberal helping of artistic license went into Ambrose's books which it is based on. I could have sworn that the second world war wasn't just between the you ess of aay and the dirty hun. - Taken as just a retrospective of Easy Company it is fantastic.

To be fair to them, it wasn't a documentary history of World War 2, but the story of one particular US unit. No one film or series could do justice to every nationality and service.

Don't get me wrong, I love the boxed set and too have watched it many times, will probably have it on again over xmas, my point was the author of the books it is based on - Stephen Ambrose is a little bit free and easy (pardon the pun) with the truth in terms of historical acuracy.

I've had it with the Americans and the Hollywood take on the war. Not just that war but pretty much anything involving historical facts.

I havent got a bone to pick with Band of Brothers as I havent watched it! Plus I suppose an American series about an American unit can be pretty much whatever they want it to be. As long as there arent any snide comments about our brave boys hidden away in the script, in which case I'll download if off the net just so I can whip myself into a self righteous fury.

I've had it with the Americans and the Hollywood take on the war. Not just that war but pretty much anything involving historical facts.

I havent got a bone to pick with Band of Brothers as I havent watched it! Plus I suppose an American series about an American unit can be pretty much whatever they want it to be. As long as there arent any snide comments about our brave boys hidden away in the script, in which case I'll download if off the net just so I can whip myself into a self righteous fury.

It's a certain Australian actor and director who is the worst for distorting history for anti-British purposes. Braveheart was absurd, The Patriot offensively distorted.

Guest oa_exile

I have been to worse places outside the US, Moscow and Karachi to name a couple ^_^