Shocking statistics

Fair enough Dan, but at this level in football no team is ever going to take all their "opportunities" and anyway we get 46 opportunities per season, if we start singling out teams like Brighton then don't we sound like we're being a bit superior, and a tad like the fans of "big" clubs might? There is very little between top and bottom in this league as results this season show, any team on there day seems capable of beating any other, best thing to do is keep picking up points and see where we are with 5 or 6 games to go.

I don't think it makes us sound superior. You don't think we should be beating a bottom 5 club playing with 10 men for over 45 minutes, with the squad we've assembled this term at home?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it makes us sound superior. You don't think we should be beating a bottom 5 club playing with 10 men for over 45 minutes, with the squad we've assembled this term at home?

Some good debate here, the thing is are teams like Brighton as bad as the league table suggests at this current time? Its still early days, they finished above us last season and have like us improved their squad. Will their fans not be expecting to beat teams like us with the squad they assembled preseason? It is hard to make these judgements as little media coverage means we know little about the other squads we are competing with. As for Brighton bringing Mickey Adams back has maybe not had the desired effect, but to say we should be beating teams like Brighton I am not so sure. My housemate follows Brighton and despite them having a bad start is not yet expecting them to face a relegation battle.

I mean if you go by league position a lot of teams "should" have beaten Spurs in the Premier League, like Liverpool and Arsenal, but if you look at the Spurs squad they were obviously in a false position. They had the players to do well against top sides in the division so now they have picked up it is no suprise and it shouldnt be a suprise to those teams placed above them that Spurs have got results against them.

True - I believe the 'rarely wrong' is ready for going under. I'd struggle to have much sympathy, except for some employees of course.

A bit off topic but...

Not sure of your sources, and couldn't honestly comment on their current financial position. However I doubt the Chronicle would go under. More likely, the last resort would be to sell to one of the local media monsters. I imagine the latest redundancies are geared to helping them stay independent.

I just looked at last seasons final table, and it was a revelation.

Swansea won promotion by drawing 11 and losing 8 games, but there's more and its even worse. Forest went up, and you'll not believe this hang on to yer hats folks, and they only went and drew 16 and lost 8 !! Bloomin' 'eck I thought if you drew games or lost them that was it, no chance of promotion.

Well that's been a rude awakening for me. It's crazy the worlds gone mad, you can lose and draw and STILL get promoted.

No can't get me head around this at all.

Whatever will they think of next?

Right I think I'll go and look at some other final league tables, just to see if its happened before, which is unlikely I know but its worth checking, I'll let y'all know what I find.

how did there fans react as the seon progressed????????????????????????????????????

A bit off topic but...

Not sure of your sources, and couldn't honestly comment on their current financial position. However I doubt the Chronicle would go under. More likely, the last resort would be to sell to one of the local media monsters. I imagine the latest redundancies are geared to helping them stay independent.

Sounds fair to me. My source is far from concrete, I just believed him and didn't ask why. For all I know they are about to take over The Sun.

how did there fans react as the seon progressed????????????????????????????????????

You mean as the season progressed? Probably like ours no doubt on their most popular message board their would have been the resident Doomers preaching the apocalypse saying that they weren't going to get promoted all season. The fans constantly complaing about fans moaning and the the majority who were somewhere in the middle. No doubt certain players will have caused more discussion than others and got more flack than others. The manager will have been called for poor tactics and not being able to motivate the players and signing the wrong players.

We aint that different from most fans really back in the days when rivals was good. I would often read other teams message boards when I had nowt better to do and bearing in mind I was at uni at the time their was alot of that and really the debates on each of those site would resemble our own. We really are no worse than any other group of fans

I've long since given up thinking "we should beat that lot" Dan, its pointless, as are often the games many think are 3 point certainties with Latics. It is what it is, a point from a game not even half through the season. If I'd been away and somebody said we got 4 points from the Scunny and Brighton games I'd have thought oh ok. The first thought been a draw with Scunny and beating Brighton, its still 4 points tho'.

Please, please nobody post something along the lines of "but what if you were told we got 1 point from Yeovil and Brighton", it really isn't worth it!