Blades after £500k Taylor - Latics want £700k

were already on record saying we wont undervalue him. if trotman went for £500k then £700k for taylor is derisory. if i was in charge (which, in my head, i clearly am) and i got a fax offering £700k i wouldnt even dignify it with a response, also saving about 10p in the process.

were already on record saying we wont undervalue him. if trotman went for £500k then £700k for taylor is derisory. if i was in charge (which, in my head, i clearly am) and i got a fax offering £700k i wouldnt even dignify it with a response, also saving about 10p in the process.

considering what such a bid dignifies it would also save a couple of pence on toilet roll

As I posted in another thread;

Yorkshire Post this morning says that Sheff Utd, donny, and Nottm Forest all interested in Taylor. Reports that sources in Oldham " suggest it would take a bid of around £1 million".

Let's wait and see.

I very very much doubt he will go to forest or donny, unless he really wants guaranteed league 1 football next season.

Sheffield united on the other hand is a different matter, as they are a pretty established championship side, although I hope he doesnt go there purely cos of the thug like tactics employed by the manager there. Like many other latics fans have said, will never forget the luton town side that came to boundary park under him. Nothing less than animals.

As I posted in another thread;

Yorkshire Post this morning says that Sheff Utd, donny, and Nottm Forest all interested in Taylor. Reports that sources in Oldham " suggest it would take a bid of around £1 million".

Let's wait and see.

wonder who these "sources" might be???

i suggest they ask another "source" and get a second opinion....700 grand my shiny metal arse. :mad:

considering what such a bid dignifies it would also save a couple of pence on toilet roll

:lol: nice one....

they can bid what they want he is are player.... if the TTA sell him in january its going to be an absolute JOKE they said they want to go up and if they sell him whats the point??

its prob are best chance of going up so lets not sell are best players... lets at least wait until the summer get a decent bid and if they want to sell him at least it gives SHEZ the whole summer to replace him with a FEW additions

anything under a million would be stupid to sell :disappointed:

Taylor's dad said on Saturday that there have been NO concrete bids, and plenty of rumours that are well wide of the mark.

Chris wants to stay, and cannot be forced out of his contract.

He also said that it would take a substantial wage increase to leave, because unless he was guaranteed a game every week (i.e appearance money, win bonus, goal bonus etc) any other wage increase would push him over a tax threshold that would see him no better off.

He considers Donny a sideways step and would rather be a regular first team Latic than a squad player in the Championship, or sign for a struggling side that could possibly end up a division below us next year.

Basically, the Blades would have to offer him a huge personal incentive, or he'd refuse to talk.

Taylor's dad said on Saturday that there have been NO concrete bids, and plenty of rumours that are well wide of the mark.

He also said that it would take a substantial wage increase to leave, because unless he was guaranteed a game every week (i.e appearance money, win bonus, goal bonus etc) any other wage increase would push him over a tax threshold that would see him no better off.

He considers Donny a sideways step and would rather be a regular first team Latic than a squad player in the Championship, or sign for a struggling side that could possibly end up a division below us next year.

Basically, the Blades would have to offer him a huge personal incentive, or he'd refuse to talk.

and knowing chris's affection for the club,he won't be arsed even talking to another club if they offered a lousy bid...he'll be thinking of latics too if he had to leave.

That's not exactly what I know. Bids have been on the table for quite sometime.

any other wage increase would push him over a tax threshold that would see him no better off.

So he currently earns somewhere short of the £40kish mark based on assumptions within your statement.

To be honest, being pushed over a tax threshold still make you better off. 41% of income over whatever the threshold is still gets taxed/insured ... so every £10k over that threshold will make him £5,900 a year better off.

The question for Chris Taylor is how much would become an irresistable amount?

(Latics could be arsey and choose not to play him if he turns down a move, which, if appearance money is a key part of his existing contract, could reduce his earning potential if he declined a transfer out).

I'd prefer to have Taylor stay than accept anything under a million. Even then, he'd have to want to leave, and for all he's given us, we couldn't sell him if we didn't want to go. I can count on one hand the number of players who have had genuine affection for the club during the last 10 years, with Taylor being one of those. His performances have always been great since he broke into the team, its just more people are noticing hoe good is he is this season, including opposing teams, judging by the number of players who generally try to mark him.

I hope that no-one offers anything for him and he stays with us . All Hail the Ginger Prince.

So we're saying that Taylor is on less than £40K at Latics if we take the tax braket into consideration.......... so because he's a fan of the club maybe doubling his wages to put him on a par with Hughes et al and still not break the bank would be an option to get him to stay. It would still be less than Sheff Utd probably but it might just do it..........