Ta. Must be nearly finished - any update?

Do we get a replay at BP if it's still 1-1?

:cardinal:

Nope, extra-time and penalties if needed tonight, into the dying minutes of normal time, Newcastle had a goal disallowed for offside. It's 2-1 now. :(

Couple of texts I've got tonight from geordieblue who's at the game...

'What a goal!!!!! Getting some abuse off locals tho!'

and

'Newcastle should have had 4 pens no joke! Just survived a very clear handball shout'

Bit of luck but the boys are doing us proud, fingers crossed for a late equaliser.

All over now! 2-1 Defeat but sounded like we gave them a very good game. We had a goal disallowed near the end and one cleared off the line in injury time. Good effort!

Well done lads. A brilliant effort. Especially considering we lost Aaron and Dave Williams was not there either. Just great!

:cardinal:

Bit of a match report. (I'm sober unlike OS). Newcastle were well deserved winners. Apart from the spell around when we scored and after they scored what turned out to be the winner, they were on top. Our goalie didn't have to make too many saves as we defended like Champions with two clear banks of four and often the midfield was supplemented by one of the forwards (we cleared it off the line at least once). They had far the better quality with at least 5/6 players who will go on to make it as a pro (although a few will be more at our level). LuaLua's cousin played on the wing for them and he would get in our first team now and Ameobi's brother looked quite good but I think he needs to work on his fitness. The best player on the park was their number 4 who sat in front of their back four all game doing a lot of good defensive work but he had a great game distribution wise as well (definately someone to watch out for). I think it was probably the way we were playing but a lot of tactics (certainly in the first half) were hoofball to our front two (Tom Eaves and Ryan Brooke) who had a clear height advantage (we were much the bigger side- something I can't remember us being for a while). I won't see a better goal from an Oldham player this season Brooke beat a couple of men then hit an absolute screamer from 30 yards which Shay Given wouldn't have saved (his young understudy got no where near it). Our best player was the number 11 (left wing) who was very quick and had a few neat tricks, (not Bembo-Lita).

However realistically our best player was wearing black tonight the ref gave everything our way, they had at least 4 decent penalty shouts, 2 of which were absolute stone-wall and 1 of those would have probably been a red card (our number 5 who did well against good oppositon pulled back their centre-forward when he was through on goal). Our number 4 was lucky to be on the field he should have probably have had a yellow card before an absolutely dreadful challenge which was late, from behind and above ball height and should have probably been a straight red. (The Oldham fan contingent were chanting 'On, On, On' at this point). Both teams had a goal disallowed for offside but I couldn't tell you if they were or not.

The youngsters did well though and can be proud of their efforts. Newcastle youth team are top of their league and I think they have won all their games so they are a good youth side. I don't think they played as well as they have done, but our lads stopped them playing a lot and did what they had to do well.

Plus if you think the chavs/scallies are bad in the RRE you should see the ones who go to Newcastle youth games, including the one lad (who was probably about 16) and his cronies who sat in front of us just because we were Oldham fans who spent all his time either giving us abuse for being :censored: (it was 1-1) or with his hand down his trousers (like he had some form of STI) or both. There were a few plastic bottles being thrown in our direction (probably more aimed at OS than geordie blue or myself) but these missed us and hit the poor kid in front of me (who was only about 6) and who wisely moved not long after.

Overall despite being the worse side our lads did well and can be very very proud of themselves.

PS If someone who went has a team sheet they can fill in the names where I only have numbers.

Bit of a match report. (I'm sober unlike OS). Newcastle were well deserved winners. Apart from the spell around when we scored and after they scored what turned out to be the winner, they were on top. Our goalie didn't have to make too many saves as we defended like Champions with two clear banks of four and often the midfield was supplemented by one of the forwards (we cleared it off the line at least once). They had far the better quality with at least 5/6 players who will go on to make it as a pro (although a few will be more at our level). LuaLua's cousin played on the wing for them and he would get in our first team now and Ameobi's brother looked quite good but I think he needs to work on his fitness. The best player on the park was their number 4 who sat in front of their back four all game doing a lot of good defensive work but he had a great game distribution wise as well (definately someone to watch out for). I think it was probably the way we were playing but a lot of tactics (certainly in the first half) were hoofball to our front two (Tom Eaves and Ryan Brooke) who had a clear height advantage (we were much the bigger side- something I can't remember us being for a while). I won't see a better goal from an Oldham player this season Brooke beat a couple of men then hit an absolute screamer from 30 yards which Shay Given wouldn't have saved (his young understudy got no where near it). Our best player was the number 11 (left wing) who was very quick and had a few neat tricks, (not Bembo-Lita).

However realistically our best player was wearing black tonight the ref gave everything our way, they had at least 4 decent penalty shouts, 2 of which were absolute stone-wall and 1 of those would have probably been a red card (our number 5 who did well against good oppositon pulled back their centre-forward when he was through on goal). Our number 4 was lucky to be on the field he should have probably have had a yellow card before an absolutely dreadful challenge which was late, from behind and above ball height and should have probably been a straight red. (The Oldham fan contingent were chanting 'On, On, On' at this point). Both teams had a goal disallowed for offside but I couldn't tell you if they were or not.

The youngsters did well though and can be proud of their efforts. Newcastle youth team are top of their league and I think they have won all their games so they are a good youth side. I don't think they played as well as they have done, but our lads stopped them playing a lot and did what they had to do well.

Plus if you think the chavs/scallies are bad in the RRE you should see the ones who go to Newcastle youth games, including the one lad (who was probably about 16) and his cronies who sat in front of us just because we were Oldham fans who spent all his time either giving us abuse for being :censored: (it was 1-1) or with his hand down his trousers (like he had some form of STI) or both. There were a few plastic bottles being thrown in our direction (probably more aimed at OS than geordie blue or myself) but these missed us and hit the poor kid in front of me (who was only about 6) and who wisely moved not long after.

Overall despite being the worse side our lads did well and can be very very proud of themselves.

PS If someone who went has a team sheet they can fill in the names where I only have numbers.

aye that was a great laugh

enjoyed the game, some good banter, and some not so good banter

OS was clearly of his face...abusing the linesman at every opportunity but at least giving him a good reception when he disallowed their goal!

as you say newcastle were by far the better team, and due to the ref's inability to give pens they should have been well ahead, but we stuck at it, and if our shooting had been a bit better we could have snatched it

Phil Mcgrath had a quality game, some great runs and neat skills, looks like one for the future, and brooke's goal was class...20 yard screamer!!

shame about the last minute offside goal...would have been class

I'm shocked. "Off his face"? "Sober unlike OS"? This is a disgraceful smear on my character. Maybe half three was a bit early for a 'warm up session'.

Teamsheet states:

Newcastle

1. Max Johnson

2. Philip Airey

3. Shane Ferguson

4. Bradden Inman

5. Jeffrey Henderson

6. James Tavernier

7. Michael McCrudden

8. Ryan Donaldson ©

9. Nile Ranger

10. Sammy Ameobi

11. Kazenga Lualua

Substitutes

12. Greg McDermott

13. Jak Alnwick

14. Conor Newton

15. James Taylor

16. Aaron Spear

Oldham

1. Josh Ollerenshaw

2. Josh Rose

3. Will McCall

4. Chris Rowney ©

5. Lequan Esdaile

6. Liam Dawson

7. Djeny Benbo-Leta

8. Nathan Kilcourse

9. Tom Eaves

10. Ryan Brooke

11. Phillip McGrath

Substitutes

12. Richard Cowan

13. Anthony White

14. Nicky Zaicevs

15. Leeroy Chintengan

16. Andy Crompton

Referee: J P Corkhill

Ass: K Mulraine

Ass: R Halliday

But these may have changed unknown to me as I was completely :censored:faced.

I'm shocked. "Off his face"? "Sober unlike OS"? This is a disgraceful smear on my character. Maybe half three was a bit early for a 'warm up session'.

Teamsheet states:

Newcastle

1. Max Johnson

2. Philip Airey

3. Shane Ferguson

4. Bradden Inman

5. Jeffrey Henderson

6. James Tavernier

7. Michael McCrudden

8. Ryan Donaldson ©

9. Nile Ranger

10. Sammy Ameobi

11. Kazenga Lualua

Substitutes

12. Greg McDermott

13. Jak Alnwick

14. Conor Newton

15. James Taylor

16. Aaron Spear

Oldham

1. Josh Ollerenshaw

2. Josh Rose

3. Will McCall

4. Chris Rowney ©

5. Lequan Esdaile

6. Liam Dawson

7. Djeny Benbo-Leta

8. Nathan Kilcourse

9. Tom Eaves

10. Ryan Brooke

11. Phillip McGrath

Substitutes

12. Richard Cowan

13. Anthony White

14. Nicky Zaicevs

15. Leeroy Chintengan

16. Andy Crompton

Young McGrath is from over here in Northern Ireland, heard alot of good reports when he has played for the Northern Ireland youngsters.

Oldham

1. Josh Ollerenshaw

2. Josh Rose

3. Will McCall

4. Chris Rowney ©

5. Lequan Esdaile

6. Liam Dawson

7. Djeny Benbo-Leta

8. Nathan Kilcourse

9. Tom Eaves

10. Ryan Brooke

11. Phillip McGrath

Substitutes

12. Richard Cowan

13. Anthony White

14. Nicky Zaicevs

15. Leeroy Chintengan

16. Andy Crompton

For a lad who is still in school, Leeroy looked quite a good player when he came on, quick with a decent touch and he took his goal (which was disallowed) very well. One random Geordie (who gave the impression it wasn't the first game he has gone to) said he should have been on earlier as he looked to be one of our better players. We may have to be careful bigging up players too much (some of our members may be scouts for other teams in disguise and we don't want another David Brown) but I can see McGrath making it at a higher level than league 1.

Teamsheet states:

Newcastle

1. Max Johnson

2. Philip Airey

3. Shane Ferguson

4. Bradden Inman

5. Jeffrey Henderson

6. James Tavernier

7. Michael McCrudden

8. Ryan Donaldson ©

9. Nile Ranger

10. Sammy Ameobi

11. Kazenga Lualua

Substitutes

12. Greg McDermott

13. Jak Alnwick

14. Conor Newton

15. James Taylor

16. Aaron Spear

Oldham

1. Josh Ollerenshaw

2. Josh Rose

3. Will McCall

4. Chris Rowney ©

5. Lequan Esdaile

6. Liam Dawson

7. Djeny Benbo-Leta

8. Nathan Kilcourse

9. Tom Eaves

10. Ryan Brooke

11. Phillip McGrath

Substitutes

12. Richard Cowan

13. Anthony White

14. Nicky Zaicevs

15. Leeroy Chintengan

16. Andy Crompton

Going to keep an eye on him.

Strong name connections and epsecially with my son.

PS was he any good?!!!

Edited by singe

Philliskirk:

"One ball beat us in the end. I'll keep repeating myself - I'm very proud of the lads and they are all winners."

Sometimes the art of good management is making people believe they are better than they otherwise would be. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

So often the words and actions of others make players feel that they are failures. That too becomes self fulfilling.

Every fan who attends BP should take a leaf out of TP's book and really get the players to believe in themselves this season. First team - first class support. See what happens then.

Going to keep an eye on him.

Strong name connections and epsecially with my son.

PS was he any good?!!!

Actually he was, he'd be one of the players who might make it professionally. He could do with growing a bit more though as he looked quite small and if he has stopped growing then he might struggle as teams won't sign him because he might be too small (even for a full-back).