Dressing Room Incidents

We hear from time to time rumours of dressing room bust-ups such as Brian Laws with teacups at Grimsby and Taggart kicking something to cut Beckham's eyebrow. Well, last on Saturday Roy Carroll "overstepped the mark" with Derby manager Paul Jewel, who has now suspended him for two weeks.

On the radio tonight I heard Gary Rowell telling a story of when he played for Cambridge United. At half-time he heard a commotion coming from a room adjoining the dressing room. He looked in to find Steve Claridge with manager John Beck's head ticked under his arm and punching it repeatedly. :shock:

At the end of the game Beck said to the players "If only you had shown as much balls as Claridge did at half-time we would have won!". :grin:

We hear from time to time rumours of dressing room bust-ups such as Brian Laws with teacups at Grimsby and Taggart kicking something to cut Beckham's eyebrow. Well, last on Saturday Roy Carroll "overstepped the mark" with Derby manager Paul Jewel, who has now suspended him for two weeks.

On the radio tonight I heard Gary Rowell telling a story of when he played for Cambridge United. At half-time he heard a commotion coming from a room adjoining the dressing room. He looked in to find Steve Claridge with manager John Beck's head ticked under his arm and punching it repeatedly. :shock:

At the end of the game Beck said to the players "If only you had shown as much balls as Claridge did at half-time we would have won!". :grin:

There's a cracker on youtube with Colin :censored:. Sheff Utd dressing room after they've conceded a late goal. It goes something like this:

"All that quality you've played out there, and you throw it away on a f****** set piece..."

There's also one of him at (I think) Huddersfield. The last words of which are: "You. Dux. Discipline."

He may be Colin to us, but you have to admire the man's bollocking style.

I'd love for this to have been caught on Camera. Then Grimsby manager, Brian Laws after a bad result, decided to take out his ire on Italian import and fans cult hero Ivano Bonnetti who he felt was lacking effortwise. Reaching out to the nearest object to hand, which turned out to be a plate of chicken wings, launching said platter in Ivano's direction. It happened to strike him in the face, facturing his cheekbone.

Always made me chuckle that story did.