Stockport V Gillingham ( Davies watch )

He was absolutely awful all his passes went to the opposition and his first touch was harder than his shot, not that he had any shots as he was sluggish and second best to everything. The biggest cheer of the night was when he was subbed off. His attitude still stinks.

I don't recall The Lord having any vendetta at all towards CD in the past, if he saw him play a :censored:e game tonight I can't see the issue with him reporting it?

Then again have you ever seen him post anything positive, no scrap that, have you even ever seen him post anything remotely neutral about Oldham?

Still think he's a closet bindipper.

Then again have you ever seen him post anything positive, no scrap that, have you even ever seen him post anything remotely neutral about Oldham?

Lordy does get overly focused on people he's unhappy with, and does go a bit over the top sometimes, but he is 100% a Latics fan, as any of the lads involved in the fans team will confirm. He's the same there, he wants the team to win and has strong opinions about how to do it. Often involving cloning himself :wink:

I think Chris Taylor is a SICK player. Thats positive.

Ah I get it. So you say the opposite.

So all these whingers have been misunderstood by me, they are actually happy with the team Those calling for Shez, actually want him to be manager for the next 25 years.

That's OK then, ours is the happiest board in the land :grin:

He was absolutely awful all his passes went to the opposition and his first touch was harder than his shot, not that he had any shots as he was sluggish and second best to everything. The biggest cheer of the night was when he was subbed off. His attitude still stinks.

Now there's a surprise.

EDIT:

Perhaps we should keep this under wraps so we can offload the waster.

What have people got against CD? Last seasons top scorer and injured for most of it. Low on confidence and wasnt scoring for us so loaned out. Made a silly mistake at Rochdale and now he seems to be the most hated man at BP. I dont get it. The sooner he is back at BP and pushing for a place in the first team the better.

I've been to a handful of County games over the back end of last season and so far this season.

They have always been a tight, exceptionally hard working and creative side who have players all over the pitch capable of scoring goals.

Last night the whole side were laughably awful. Low work rate, lack of vision and very little creativity. Davies fitted in well with that, but he wasn't the only one!

He did get in to 2 difficult 1 on 1 situations where defenders were harrying him from the side. Both times his lack of left foot left him wanting.

Gillingham were quite impressive. Movement up front from the strikers and resolute, but by no means desperate, defending.

What have people got against CD?

Lazy, not a team player, seems to choose the wrong option too often, or try and deliver the fantastic when there's no need to.

Last seasons top scorer and injured for most of it.

He was, but when he was on the pitch the side averaged fewer goals and fewer points per game. He didn't strike up any natural partnership with any other striker either. Some of this may be the way Sheridan set up his midfield. I think a lot of has to do with the points I make above. He averaged a goal every 3 games and played more than half the season.

Low on confidence and wasnt scoring for us so loaned out.

Good decision in the context of what you say ... awful decision based on the lack of cover up front it gave us, and the position of the team he went to.

Made a silly mistake at Rochdale and now he seems to be the most hated man at BP. I dont get it.

Not the first time in his life a head butt (more a head nuzzle, but you get the point) has got him in to trouble. I think we're at the stage where it won't be the last.

The sooner he is back at BP and pushing for a place in the first team the better.

Agreed. Then again, if we can get a £300k fee for him I'd rather see the back of him than lose Hughes or Taylor in January.

Edited by opinions4u

What have people got against CD? Last seasons top scorer and injured for most of it. Low on confidence and wasnt scoring for us so loaned out. Made a silly mistake at Rochdale and now he seems to be the most hated man at BP. I dont get it. The sooner he is back at BP and pushing for a place in the first team the better.

I was one of the lads trying to get his morale up from the back of the Lookers last year, kept the faith when some were writing him off. It's a different story this season, it has looked for some time to me that he has no desire to be here. £300 large? I'll have some of that. Top scorer last year? Fine, but he has shown nothing in an Oldham shirt to replicate that "form".

Ker-ching, don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out Craig.

I know you want to big him up so you can use him as a stick to beat Hughes up with Coco, but there is a point where it looks ridiculous. Even last season when he was doing well he looked like a powderkeg waiting to go off half the time – must have easily been half a dozen occasions when he had to be held back from completely needless situations, but just for a couple of seconds but for minutes. ....the fact that he’s in his early 20s and has already had half a dozen clubs...

I mean come on, we were doing our best to give ther lad some encouragement last season, but I knew - even with my dubious footballing prowess - that bollocks line of "he's a confidence player" was clearly a cover-all of what he really was. Unstable.

I clocked what Davies was last term.... Hope he goes sooner rather than later... £300k?? YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Pity by 'getting his head down' he meant that he was going to headbutt rochdale players... <_<

More trouble than he is worth... you take a few risks at this level, he hasnt worked on th pitch but a 200% return on the transfer fee in a year for a player who isnt een in our first team squad... err... good business in my book.

So what if he makes it somewhere else. He isnt going to with us. End of story.

Davies will be the same, Conference North/South within 3 seasons, Sheridan isn't the only manager to want shut of him, and I'd dare bet that every manager that takes him on as slips down footballs pyramid and wastes his undoubted but latent talent will think that he's the one to get the best out of the lad. Shame really, but there have been plenty of his sort in footballs past and there will be plenty more in its future.

If we get £300K we will be laughing all the way to the bank, god that would be so funny! But realistically if we can get cash for a striker who has dropped to 3rd or 4th choice we should just take it. At the end of the day he has never lived up to his early promise and with his other on and off field antics we should just be lucky to get rid of him.

I agree he never got into a partnership with anyone but he scored goals so is that a bad thing? Yes he isnt the greatest team player in the world but there have been many times when Hughes has gone for glory when a pass to someone in a better position was required. Strikers are prone to be greedy its how they score goals.

Also on his attitude, is it any worse than Hughes'? How many times does Hughes get involved with things off the ball and gets booked for silly things that he should just leave alone (Exhibit A Pen against Brighton) Had that been Davies this board would have been full of people calling for him to go (although they already are).

I agree with you though that if we had to choose on losing him or Hughes/Taylor then sell him but in an ideal world we wouldnt sell anyone and carry on with the push for promotion but we all know it isnt an ideal world!

Last seasons top scorer and injured for most of it

Soooo, 44 games played means he was injured for most of it? He missed the last 2 and a half months of the season, that's all.

He also scored 1 in 4 games. Not the super-great goal machine people were/are making him out to be.

I agree he never got into a partnership with anyone but he scored goals so is that a bad thing? Yes he isnt the greatest team player in the world but there have been many times when Hughes has gone for glory when a pass to someone in a better position was required. Strikers are prone to be greedy its how they score goals.

Also on his attitude, is it any worse than Hughes'? How many times does Hughes get involved with things off the ball and gets booked for silly things that he should just leave alone (Exhibit A Pen against Brighton) Had that been Davies this board would have been full of people calling for him to go (although they already are).

I agree with you though that if we had to choose on losing him or Hughes/Taylor then sell him but in an ideal world we wouldnt sell anyone and carry on with the push for promotion but we all know it isnt an ideal world!

I don't think many people excuse Hughes' actions on the pitch some times. In fact, he's nearly as frustrating as Davies in a lot of ways, but he's far more dangerous in and around the box. And although he's stupid sometimes, I've not yet seen him try and put a nut on a player TWO YARDS from the frigging ref.

I do like how you try and compare his circumstances to Hughes, when it's completely clear Hughes is a far better striker than Davies could ever be.

I don't think many people excuse Hughes' actions on the pitch some times. In fact, he's nearly as frustrating as Davies in a lot of ways, but he's far more dangerous in and around the box. And although he's stupid sometimes, I've not yet seen him try and put a nut on a player TWO YARDS from the frigging ref.

I do like how you try and compare his circumstances to Hughes, when it's completely clear Hughes is a far better striker than Davies could ever be.

I agree Hughes is far more dangerous and I think he is a far better striker but I also think Davies is a very good striker and is getting far more stick than he deserves.

Im not comparing his circumstances to Hughes, Im just making the point that if Hughes gets involved in 'handbags' with the oppo no-one really cares but IMO had it been Davies people would be on about his attitude.