Teams you'd like Latics to play in a Friendly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away against...

Eintracht Frankfurt

Hapoel Tel Aviv

EB/Streymur (Not often I'm jealous of City but I was when they got them in the UEFA Cup)

HJK Helsinki

FC Flora Tallinn

Skonto

Arsenal

Zenit St Petersberg

Probably not all of them in the same summer though :wink:

Mark, you read my mind, Tallinn would be quality

Away against...

Hapoel Tel Aviv

Probably not all of them in the same summer though :wink:

well hopefully latics will be playing maccabi tel aviv and maccabi hafia in friendlys in the summer and all who go will get a once in a life time chance of meeting me :grin:

Them aside I’m only really thinking of places I would like to go to anyway, so Rome, Athens, St Petersburg, Blyth, Istanbul and many many more, but not specifically for their football team.

Ok, you've got me.

Why in God's name would you want to go to Blyth?! :shock:

TWo for me, and one I hope canlead to something..

Tonbridge Angels away, for the convenience for me.

And Oldham Town.

Simply to take the record attendance from those red people.And help them in build a team to go through the divisions.

Good idea? The Oldham Twon one I mean...!

For me it's got to be

1) Morecombe - away

2) Barnet -away

3) Aldershot -away

4) Exeter - away

5) Dagenham & Redbridge - away.

It would be a good pre-season tour, help team spirit prior to the start of the season and allow new players to bed in nicely. I Hope Messrs Hardy & Corney read this as it is clearly a good idea and far cheaper than going abroad.

Oh yes and it will complete watching tics at the 92 for me. No ulterior motive then. :deal:

Cheers,

Harry

Read the thread title Diego...

I appreciate it's supposed to be about a friendly, but I'm responding to those who keep mentioning teams we've already played this season or are due to play.

Anyway, it's not like you to stick firmly to the subject of the thread's heading. :blink:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I appreciate it's supposed to be about a friendly, but I'm responding to those who keep mentioning teams we've already played this season or are due to play.

Anyway, it's not like you to stick firmly to the subject of the thread's heading. :blink:

I presumed fleetwood was hoping that the game we play wouldn't result in our mass slaughter, rather than we were going to play them anyway, hence the tinge of irony in his post...

Whats the big thing for Scottish football on here? are people from there?

A fair few jocks on here.

And Aberdeen away would be nice,I wouldn't remember anything about it though*

*Same as every other weekend(before LL pipes up)

I presumed fleetwood was hoping that the game we play wouldn't result in our mass slaughter, rather than we were going to play them anyway, hence the tinge of irony in his post...

Blimey, searching for tinges of irony to keep to the thread now - this is a novel idea. :)

We don't have any unfriendliness worth worrying about at Millwall these days - the fixture has the seal of approval of the joint Latics/Lions England hooligans. :unsure:

Blimey, searching for tinges of irony to keep to the thread now - this is a novel idea. :)

We don't have any unfriendliness worth worrying about at Millwall these days - the fixture has the seal of approval of the joint Latics/Lions England hooligans. :unsure:

Indeed. If I have a spare couple of hours of a weekend I often go walking through New Cross in an Oldham top singing Lee Hughes songs. The locals almost invariably take me down the local, buy me beer all night and invite me home to sleep with their wives/daughters/mothers. I'm sure it will be no different this year when several other Latics are in town.

A fair few jocks on here.

And Aberdeen away would be nice,I wouldn't remember anything about it though*

*Same as every other weekend(before LL pipes up)

This black pot just wants to know what Big Fat Neville said to young Savage.