Teams you'd like Latics to play in a Friendly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. If I have a spare couple of hours of a weekend I often go walking through New Cross in an Oldham top singing Lee Hughes songs. The locals almost invariably take me down the local, buy me beer all night and invite me home to sleep with their wives/daughters/mothers. I'm sure it will be no different this year when several other Latics are in town.

I spotted a tinge of irony there.

Any of the teams within 30 miles of Durham will do for me. Aside from the obvious big teams who are world reknowned. Somewhere with a nice bit of sun (it will be in the summer after all) and cheap-ish beer. A trip to play Mallorca, someone from the Canaries, Cyprus or Malta would be quite good as would playing anyone from MLS (I'd quite like to play someone in Austrailia, South Africa and New zealand as well but in the summer you might have to get lucky with the weather). I personally don't understand the appeal of Dublin for a weekend that much as the weather is the same as ours (if not worse) and unless I'm going to the wrong places in the times I've been its been ridiculosly expensive- 5 euros for a pint is not my idea of a good place to go on the beer.

Has to be a tour of Australia....it would get me off my backside and finally see the place.

Most of the teams here are pants, except maybe Adelaide United. The A league is like watching paint dry and painfully obviously no better than our league.

Get the mighty Blues over here and we cut Queensland Roar, Idiot Tiatto and Craig Moore included to ribbons

imagine if we played FK Luch Vladivostok, would you go? How mint would that be? I'd like us to play a in Germany or Holland, preferebly Helmond Sport or FC Eindhoven as I can say 'I've played their U16s team'

Next year's new MLS team "Seattle Sounders FC" at Qwest Field (home of the Seattle Seahawks) in Seattle, WA... (If it's good enough Bob why not me? :grin: )

Although, we have played them at BP when they were called "Seattle Storm" many years ago - and I have the "programme" (teamsheet) to prove it!

FC Baghdad would be tasty, doubt the part time brigade would be out in force.

I might get the chance to go next season as my team have qualified for this tournament. :)

AFC CUP

AFC’s second-tier club competition will also see changes in terms of teams and format.

- For the first time in its history, teams from Iraq and Kuwait will join the AFC Cup fray. Syrian clubs reappear in the competition after winning the inaugural edition (Al Jaish) in 2004.

- The other countries are Jordan, Bahrain, Oman, Lebanon, Yemen, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Maldives. Each country has two seats, while Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam will have one team in addition to the club which is playing in the ACL playoff/preliminary stage.

- A total of 32 teams will participate in the tournament (20 from West Asia and India, and 12 from East Asia).

- The teams will be divided into eight groups. Five of these groups will comprise West Asian teams, and three groups will make up the East Asian block.

- Two teams from each group will qualify for the Round of 16, where they will play one single knockout match.

- The quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will be played over two legs.