Rangers grateful for Celtic victory?

I understand that tonight's Celtic victory in the Champions League is vital, not only for the win money for Celtic, but also because, after a disastrous Scottish season in Europe, it ensures a place in that League for the Scottish Champions in future. So they'll be dancing in the streets of both sides of Glasgow tonight!

Mr. Slurms might see it differently though. :unsure:

I understand that tonight's Celtic victory in the Champions League is vital, not only for the win money for Celtic, but also because, after a disastrous Scottish season in Europe, it ensures a place in that League for the Scottish Champions in future. So they'll be dancing in the streets of both sides of Glasgow tonight!

Mr. Slurms might see it differently though. :unsure:

Celtic have in fact been supporting Rangers for several years with the revised way they measure national team performance. I believe that Celtic's heroic progress to the UEFA Cup final earned Scottish football an extra qualifying place in the Champions League for 2 years. To be fare, Rangers' fans repaid the debt by earning Scottish football worldwide publicity of the sort that money just can't buy when they also made it to the final.