Supply teacher tells tots there's no Santa!

The rarely wrong Chron reports that a class of around 25 seven-year-olds at Blackshaw Lane Primary School, Royton, were distraught after the substitute teacher informed them that it was mums and dads who leave out presents on Christmas Day. How very dare she! :angry:

Parents have complained about the incident and were sent a letter by the school saying the teacher has been disciplined over the gaffe.

One dad said: “My son came home and said that his substitute teacher had told the class that Santa doesn’t exist and it’s your mum and dad that put out presents for them.

“Apparently, they were all talking about Christmas and being a bit rowdy. She just came straight out with it.

We told him that she did not believe in Father Christmas because of her religion and he’s fine now.

“I found it shocking. She has done it maliciously."

I bet this is how that David Irving started spreading his poison. First Santa, then Chaddy the Owl, and then denying the truth

I understand the supply teacher has been sacked - justice seen to be done.

We told him that she did not believe in Father Christmas because of her religion and he’s fine now.

Which religion is based on a fat bloke climbing down a chimney to deliver presents? Which were made in Finland. By elves. Delivered by a congestion-busting flying reindeer drawn sled. Next they will be telling us that Finland is real.

Kids go to school to learn and she taught them, where is the problem?

Kids hear all sorts of untruths at school like how if they work hard then they will get a good job and make lots of money and be happy, I don't see people clamouring to stop them telling this nonsense to kids.

at my school they used to tell me about some bloke living in the sky who you couldnt actually see, he wasnt only in the sky but he was all around us, he was also his own son and at the same time a dove, or was it a flame - I forget now. Where was that supply teacher when I needed them?

there was also a bloke who lived in a place somewhere under my feet who would torture me for ever and ever and ever if I was bad and another place where if I wasnt that good or bad I'd just kind of sit around in a waiting room for thousands of years until enough people had said some words in their head, after a magic number of people saying words in their heads had been reached the bloke who lived in the sky who we couldnt see and was also his own son etc etc would release me and I'd be right happy for ever and ever.

Sickos, teachers are sickos

there was also a bloke who lived in a place somewhere under my feet who would torture me for ever and ever and ever if I was bad and another place where if I wasnt that good or bad I'd just kind of sit around in a waiting room for thousands of years until enough people had said some words in their head, after a magic number of people saying words in their heads had been reached the bloke who lived in the sky who we couldnt see and was also his own son etc etc would release me and I'd be right happy for ever and ever.

Sickos, teachers are sickos

I know. And there's even people these days claiming that there are magical things called the, "clitoris," and, "G-spot," which nobody has ever seen but you are still meant to believe in and try to find. I blame Philip Pullmann.

I know. And there's even people these days claiming that there are magical things called the, "clitoris," and, "G-spot," which nobody has ever seen but you are still meant to believe in and try to find. I blame Philip Pullmann.

With a surname like "Pull MAN" i wouldn't guess he'd be reet good in finding the afore mentioned fann...i mean funny parts of the bod.

My mate's little 'un was in this class with the supply teacher...his kid was distraught at what she said and naturally my mate was fuming....I think it's bang out of order what the teacher has done. For those of us who aren't exactly practicing Christians, Christmas is all about kids, and for kids Christmas is all about Santa...this idiot has spoilt the magic of Christmas too early for those kids.

My mate's little 'un was in this class with the supply teacher...his kid was distraught at what she said and naturally my mate was fuming....I think it's bang out of order what the teacher has done. For those of us who aren't exactly practicing Christians, Christmas is all about kids, and for kids Christmas is all about Santa...this idiot has spoilt the magic of Christmas too early for those kids.

Better that the kids get their hopes and dreams crushed sooner rather than later if you ask me. Makes it easier for the parents too and stops them having to shell out hundreds of pounds they can't afford to buy their kids crap they don't really need pushing them further in to debt which will have a far worse detrimental effect on the kids than finding out their is no santa a bit earlier than some other kids.

Bit harsh, so should we just stamp on any other hopes and dreams that these kids may have as it may not prove cost effective in the long run? if a kid had a dream of becoming an astronaut, should we just stamp that out straight away? plus i doubt its gonna stop xmas presents coming in future years, as the kids il still expect plenty of presents worth hundreds of pounds

i finally figured out there was no santa on my own through interaction with my peers and jus kinda second guessin it really (it was too much for a lad of 19 to take :grin: ) i sure as hell wouldnt want it spoiled by a parent-teacher (who's word you consider law at those ages) who couldnt control me so decided it would be best to destroy my innocence!

What was harsh is that the teacher apparently said the comment maliciously - the class were being rowdy so to shut them up she came out with that ! That's what's really annoying...if she just made an honest mistake I for one wouldn't have been as annoyed. Having said this, I don't think it would be right if the teacher lost her job over this one incident.

Edited by Yard Dog

Better that the kids get their hopes and dreams crushed sooner rather than later if you ask me. Makes it easier for the parents too and stops them having to shell out hundreds of pounds they can't afford to buy their kids crap they don't really need pushing them further in to debt which will have a far worse detrimental effect on the kids than finding out their is no santa a bit earlier than some other kids.

When I read your earlier comments I thought they were tongue in cheek, Tony. Now I'm not so sure? You can't really believe that?

Just cos you are a parent you don't have to bow to pressure from advertisers and other parents to buy your kids hundreds of pounds worth of stuff. Christmas for kids (and parents with young nippers) is all about the magic. Particularly those that are 7 (ish) and under. I can't wait for Christmas eve this year now that Lucy is at school. She's so excited, and she'll be made up with her presents, but we haven't spent a huge amount of money, far from it in fact.

Kids grow up too damned fast these days and have their innocence taken away too early in this world. What's wrong with maintaining a bit of magic, mystery

and excitement in their lives?

I was having a bad day.

Besides, you're a fine one to talk, what you've done is far worse! Another word for it is child abuse. Bringing kids up as Latics fans!?!? Thats a whole world of pain right there.

I was hoping you weren't gonna bring that up Tony :blush:

Still, I see it as doing them a favour. It's either support Latics or get turfed out, 4 years old or not!! That way I'm providing a roof over their heads.

Anyway, can you imagine the alternative. Allowing them to support one of the M********r teams?! Ughhhhh! :sick01: