Oldhamers half-hearted over BOGOF offer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in the town besides us lot gives a rats arse about the club....

Or maybe it's just too early in the day to make a judgement, the game is still over a week away!!! When people finish their spending on Christmas and realise they have a few quid left they'll buy tickets. Also maybe the fact (as we have discussed often on here before the on-line ticket office was launched) that you have to go to the ground to get a ticket could be a factor, it's a shame you can't BOGOF on-line.........

They haven't mastered the art of spin.

"Tickets are selling well, but there are a good number still left and fans should get down to the ticket office to ensure they get theirs ...".

Rather than "nobody wants these tickets" which implies there is some sort of tainted feel to them.

The reason is that nowhere near as many people are football fans as what meets the eye. I reckon 70% of 'fans', the vast majority of which follow 'Big 4' clubs, like football for the sake of it in order to fit in amongst their peers. It's 'cool'. They have no interest in going to watch football, they just have an answer to the question "who do you support?", and kind of watch it on telly out of convenience and having little else to do.

Oh and to be honest if I didn't read this board I wouldn't even know about the offer.

There are people out there who listen to the Rev (I only do because it gets put on at work occaisionally, they are actually promoting Latics quite heavily!) and read the Chron who should know about the offer.

to be quite honest with you i think its a test from the tta

if we cant pack BP out for next to nothing there prob going to think if they cant be ars** coming to BP with this great offer why should we bother pumping money into this club if the fans cant be ars** then why should we

just my opinion and a few others who i know

to be quite honest with you i think its a test from the tta

if we cant pack BP out for next to nothing there prob going to think if they cant be ars** coming to BP with this great offer why should we bother pumping money into this club if the fans cant be ars** then why should we

just my opinion and a few others who i know

After the amount of money these guys have already "pumped" in, i'm quite sure that they don't need to 'test' the Oldham public.

After seeing BP half empty on so many occasions over their tenure, i have a sneaky feeling that they are pretty aware of the crowds we can attract with or without promotions and discounts.

If you think that they will not be assed if an extra 1500-2000 fans do not come into the ground on a 'discounted' day, near Christmas, is going to affect their attitude to the club, then you certainly won't be thinking like them... Bigger picture!!