Oldhamers half-hearted over BOGOF offer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the amount of money these guys have already "pumped" in, i'm quite sure that they don't need to 'test' the Oldham public.

After seeing BP half empty on so many occasions over their tenure, i have a sneaky feeling that they are pretty aware of the crowds we can attract with or without promotions and discounts.

If you think that they will not be assed if an extra 1500-2000 fans do not come into the ground on a 'discounted' day, near Christmas, is going to affect their attitude to the club, then you certainly won't be thinking like them... Bigger picture!!

SC is is a good guy had quite along chat with him before and during the fans game... just got a snide feeling but hay thats only my opinion

agree with what you are saying tho...

im not one of those free ticket guys or promotion offers.. ST HOLDER and always will be

No one in the town besides us lot gives a rats arse about the club....

I know I've said it before, but the reason for such widespread apathy lies in the fact that we have been down in the dumps for so long that even many former hardcore supporters have given up the ghost. The kind of belief that we could regain lost status that was evident throughout the darkest years of the late-1990s and the early part of this century, and which manifested itself at the time of the open-air meeting at BP, seems to be all but gone. Add to that the perception that only clubs with money seem to succeed nowadays (whether accurate or not), the ever-widening gulf between the PL and the rest and even the division above us and our own, and the fact that the economy now dictates that we might be stuck in a gradually decaying, rather embarrassing three-sided stadium for years to come and we can see why some success is absolutely indispensible to the future of the club. We come across to the town and the wider population as a hopeless case, left behind by events in terms of footballing status and facilities. Nothing short of promotion will rekindle any kind of enthusiasm in the town.

I think there's time yet for more tickets for the Orient game to shift, but if we can't come near to matching the attendances for the offer games the season before last, it only illustrates my point about apathy even among elements of the hardcore.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

SC is is a good guy had quite along chat with him before and during the fans game... just got a snide feeling but hay thats only my opinion

agree with what you are saying tho...

im not one of those free ticket guys or promotion offers.. ST HOLDER and always will be

yeah, i gather you would be Kellys, although wether ST now, ST years gone by or ST in the future, all fans supporting the club in whatever capacity are all as valuable (all these ST's mentioned are making me itchy? :blush: )

and the response wasn't really directed at your view - It's just that I do think that a lot of people, i guess rightly at times, become very agitated and frustrated when offers are put on from TTA and our darling Oldham public don't respond. Then comes the talk of "TTA's are pulling out" "why do they want to stay etc"

When, we all know their long term agenda and goals hasn't even took off yet - and if they are sticking with us in financial times such as these - then their reasons must be pretty worthwile in the end! Long may it continue :wink:

I support everything the club is trying....I have just grown quite cynical over the last ten years..., It bugs me how many turned their backs on the club... Hurts abit if you get what I mean...

That said, its been hard turning out myself I will admit...

Edited by oafc0000

Received my two today , along with two for Huddersfield.

If every ST holder bought two that's 5000 and just £10!

I always believed that last few days will see the bulk of them shift but the sooner we all can get the momentum going the better.

"two for a tenner. Roll up just £10 for two".

TTA won't be going anywhere for a while; this offer isn't any sort of test........ people are right to point out that they have already pumped millions into the club and the only way they will see a return on any of this is when the land sells for a decent price. In the current economic climate that's gonna be a while..........

BP for the Orient game looks like being only half full. :disappointed:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...tickets-liftoff

I'll be at Heathrow airport (arr. 2:15pm) waiting for our connecting flight to MAN... If TTA can arrange transport on their private jet* I would be more than happy to go to the match! :grin:

* Joke alert

TTA won't be going anywhere for a while; this offer isn't any sort of test........ people are right to point out that they have already pumped millions into the club and the only way they will see a return on any of this is when the land sells for a decent price. In the current economic climate that's gonna be a while..........

Actually they own the land separately to the club, so if they were looking to maximise their investment they would be looking to get rid of the club and it's losses but hold onto the land for now.

Actually they own the land separately to the club, so if they were looking to maximise their investment they would be looking to get rid of the club and it's losses but hold onto the land for now.

But i'm pretty sure that whatever would be done with the club, would have a big impact on the land around it?

I know I've said it before, but the reason for such widespread apathy lies in the fact that we have been down in the dumps for so long that even many former hardcore supporters have given up the ghost. The kind of belief that we could regain lost status that was evident throughout the darkest years of the late-1990s and the early part of this century, and which manifested itself at the time of the open-air meeting at BP, seems to be all but gone. Add to that the perception that only clubs with money seem to succeed nowadays (whether accurate or not), the ever-widening gulf between the PL and the rest and even the division above us and our own, and the fact that the economy now dictates that we might be stuck in a gradually decaying, rather embarrassing three-sided stadium for years to come and we can see why some success is absolutely indispensible to the future of the club. We come across to the town and the wider population as a hopeless case, left behind by events in terms of footballing status and facilities. Nothing short of promotion will rekindle any kind of enthusiasm in the town.

I think there's time yet for more tickets for the Orient game to shift, but if we can't come near to matching the attendances for the offer games the season before last, it only illustrates my point about apathy even among elements of the hardcore.

What is really the difference between when we had 4 sides? (I speak as someone who used to sit in the Lookers and had the stand knocked out from under him) Apart from the Chaddy and the RRE the ground was already pretty embarrassing, it is only now that I sit in the RRE that I have seen the slope in what remains of the Lookers and can see what oppo fans would have seen for years and don't get me started on the main stand.

Even for all it's faults it is still the best ground in the country because it is home.

If ever there was a chicken and egg question this is it - will latics get success before more crowds or will more crowds come before success?

true,but latics need bums on seats,not season ticket holders to buy spares.

unless you are giving out early xmas pressies!

And why not ? Getting folk down as guests is better than having unfilled seats. I'm getting a couple of intermittent attenders to come . They needed pushing and a free ticket was the push!