Parking Tickets

Stitch_KTF

Anybody got any advice on parking tickets..............Leeslover? :security: It’s a Euro Car Parks one, issued for being on Sainsburys free carpark for fifteen minutes longer than the two hours allowed. £50 or £30 if paid within a fortnight. Am I right in thinking it’s unenforceable? If so how do I go about avoiding being hassled? Should they chase it and I ignore them will they just go away? Any help appreciated..........knowledge of running a small business preferable, but not essential.

Anybody got any advice on parking tickets..............Leeslover? :security: It’s a Euro Car Parks one, issued for being on Sainsburys free carpark for fifteen minutes longer than the two hours allowed. £50 or £30 if paid within a fortnight. Am I right in thinking it’s unenforceable? If so how do I go about avoiding being hassled? Should they chase it and I ignore them will they just go away? Any help appreciated..........knowledge of running a small business preferable, but not essential.

Get the £30 paid you tight sod :grin:

Unless there is an issue with signs not telling you, I would have thought you are better off getting the 30 notes off, before it goes up to£50!! :wink:

Get the £30 paid you tight sod :grin:

Unless there is an issue with signs not telling you, I would have thought you are better off getting the 30 notes off, before it goes up to£50!! :wink:

Unfortunatley me being quite the opposite of a tight sod has eventually led to me being broke this Christmas. :( And besides, I'm loathed to spend £40 in Sainsburys and then £30/50 to park outside - even if I hadn't only been in Sainsburys! I'm pretty sure these things aren't enforceable and the company just relies on people adopting your approach and paying out of fear of being pursued and paying additional costs. Not that I base my thoughts soley on this, but why else would they offer early payment discounts? £50 within 3 weeks or £30 within 2 hardly suggests it's a cashflow thing, and besides, it's pretty much all 'profit'!

:angry:

Unfortunatley me being quite the opposite of a tight sod has eventually led to me being broke this Christmas. :( And besides, I'm loathed to spend £40 in Sainsburys and then £30/50 to park outside - even if I hadn't only been in Sainsburys! I'm pretty sure these things aren't enforceable and the company just relies on people adopting your approach and paying out of fear of being pursued and paying additional costs. Not that I base my thoughts soley on this, but why else would they offer early payment discounts? £50 within 3 weeks or £30 within 2 hardly suggests it's a cashflow thing, and besides, it's pretty much all 'profit'!

:angry:

Who has issued the ticket?

They can write you letters, phone you up and even knock on your door and asl you to pay it, but they can't do owt else. If it was a local authority one then ultimately it would end up with a bailiff with a warrant, but they can't do that with this one. Basically you can wipe your arse with it if you so choose. Most likely they will write you another letter and then go away.

They can write you letters, phone you up and even knock on your door and asl you to pay it, but they can't do owt else. If it was a local authority one then ultimately it would end up with a bailiff with a warrant, but they can't do that with this one. Basically you can wipe your arse with it if you so choose. Most likely they will write you another letter and then go away.

or wipe your arse with it and then send it back to them

Cheers, I remembered you saying something along those lines in the past. Something to do with not entering/accepting a contract?

Feck me Stitch :blink: a hefty 24 hours with this and the £55 Norton you paid out :(

You must be loaded

Isn't everybody who has 4 credit cards? :unsure:

Cheers, I remembered you saying something along those lines in the past. Something to do with not entering/accepting a contract?

They aren't covered by either the civil laws which govern local authority enforcement (parking, bus lanes etc) or the criminal ones that police fines are based on (speeding and so on). You could put signs up on your wall threatening people with a fine if they entered your front garden but it would have no legal basis.

They aren't covered by either the civil laws which govern local authority enforcement (parking, bus lanes etc) or the criminal ones that police fines are based on (speeding and so on). You could put signs up on your wall threatening people with a fine if they entered your front garden but it would have no legal basis.

I'm going to send them a fine for tampering with my windscreen wiper. £50 or £30 within a fortnight. It surprises me that the knowledge these things can't be enforced isn't more widespread.

I'm going to send them a fine for tampering with my windscreen wiper. £50 or £30 within a fortnight. It surprises me that the knowledge these things can't be enforced isn't more widespread.

If they manage to clamp you they are entitled to charge you to take it off so long as you were adequately warned (although not a punitive amount). I’m not a lawyer but I would imagine any case if they tried to push it would be struck down for the same reason as the bank charges decision.