Oldham goals you missed (i.e cheeky fag or toilet or pie)

'92 or '93 we lost 1-0 at home to Arsenal. It was my first ever Oldham match, and also first ever football match (being from the Isle of Man, didn't get over much!) so quite an occasion. Anyway it wasn't me, but my dad. I sent him for a pie at half time and Arsenal scored before he got back - only goal of the game!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the ages of 11-16 (1989-1994) my best mate's dad used to take us. He was a legend my Uncle Vinny but he either hated getting stuck in traffic or couldn't bear the tension so would aways leave five minutes before the end. I could never figure out which one it was.

Anyway - long story short - when Redfearn did his thing from the spot we were driving past the Bluebell on Broadway on our mery way home. My mate's brother who was in his 20s was in the front seat. He called his dad a vvanker as the news filtered through on GMR. It was the first time I'd ever heard anyone swear at their dad. Across Oldham sheer jubilation was engulfing the people with character in this town who have the decency to support its football team.

It was like a bloody morgue in that car.

Edited by Guernica

Ditto, I missed that one.

I think 3/4 of the ground missed Charlton's goal. There was one woman in front of me who was laughing as much as I was, although she wasn't also choking on a pie, most of the rest were looking around wondering what was going on. Good job Warney's wife was looking vaguely forwards at the time anyway.

I missed Greame Sharpes goal at Highbury when we were in the premiership, I think we scored about 2 minutes in. It was a cracker of a goal however we only found that out courtesey of Match of the day.

Scott Vernon's equaliser vs Peterborough, had left in disgust. "Won't score if we play all night...." Just walking round the back of the Rocky...almighty roar!

Brentford 2-0 down, decided to go for a few pints with 5 minutes to go.........2-2 d'oh!

Beckett's equaliser v Blackpool right after they'd scored ("FFS that's it we never come from behind, going for a piss, anyone want owt from the kiosk?", just as I got to the top of the stairs we equalised) FFS! Saw his 2nd and 3rd goals though!

Went for a pee late on at Walsall last season, missed Davies' goal

missed plenty of meaningless consolations over the years...

Most annoying was Carss' equaliser at Wycome, "FFS, scrawpy bastards have nicked it " - Brown's late pen to make it 2-1, went for my customary piss after the oppo score - Carssy immediately levels it up - long way to go to miss a goal!

Some times you either prolong the pain (When you're younger) other times you think :censored: it, get to the bar first.... (nowadays)

the first against cheltenham this year took my girlfriend to her first game went for a piss and we score shes never let me forget that one ! to cap it all she then gets in the gallery with arnoid during the celebrations ffs

I think 3/4 of the ground missed Charlton's goal. There was one woman in front of me who was laughing as much as I was, although she wasn't also choking on a pie, most of the rest were looking around wondering what was going on. Good job Warney's wife was looking vaguely forwards at the time anyway.

I missed Hainings goal at the start. Not that one l think that the Charlton goal was goal of the season.

Huddersfield away 1984/85. We had been unbeaten in the first 5 games and not let a goal in** and i was the away mascot. Ron Futcher was celebrating his 30th that weekend as as well :D By the time I had got changed and got back into the stands 4 minutes into the game, i had heard 2 large roars and I'd missed 2 goals - It was 1-1. We went on to get beat 5-4 in a crazy game.

**Those facts are 'ish!!' - Though i think i'm right.

Was that Marshalls 3rd? Cracking hat trick! (If not forget the comments!! :lol: )

Thats the one. First one an hilarious mis-kick that fooled everyone and looped into the net, followed by 2 25+ yard crackers (saw the one I missed on the goals of the season video - why don't the club do these anymore? All the seasons goals on one DVD - I'd buy it every year).

Oh happy days.

Huddersfield away 1984/85. We had been unbeaten in the first 5 games and not let a goal in** and i was the away mascot. Ron Futcher was celebrating his 30th that weekend as as well :D By the time I had got changed and got back into the stands 4 minutes into the game, i had heard 2 large roars and I'd missed 2 goals - It was 1-1. We went on to get beat 5-4 in a crazy game.

**Those facts are 'ish!!' - Though i think i'm right.

86/87 mate, it did finish 5-4 though, think our nemesis Duncan Shearer (that's a name from the past lol) bagged a hat-trick that day, think we missed a pen too and they had a man sent-off. You're right, not conceded a goal in the league all season

Derby (A) W1-0

Barnsley (H) W2-0 (First Game on Plastic Paradise)

Hull (H) D0-0

Ipswich (A) W1-0

Stoke (H) W2-0

Bratfurd (A) W3-0 (At Odsal)

Then in true Latics style we concede 5!!!!

(I think the midweek before we had conceded our first goal of the season in a 1-0 home defeat to Derby in the Full Members Cup, although I may be wrong)

Edited by oafcprozac

Thats the one. First one an hilarious mis-kick that fooled everyone and looped into the net, followed by 2 25+ yard crackers (saw the one I missed on the goals of the season video - why don't the club do these anymore? All the seasons goals on one DVD - I'd buy it every year).

Oh happy days.

Think Premium TV owning the rights and their lucrative 'subscription' service may have sounded the death knell for this or maybe the club just can't be arsed.

Missed Neil Redfearn's goal at Watford in the championship season, due to an unscheduled clamber over the allotments to get into their away end!

Also missed Taylor's first goal at Leeds this season because the half-time interval wasn’t long enough for me to finish my beers...

Years ago we beat Chesterfield at home 2-1 and i missed all 3 goals.

I was a few minutes late for kick off and latics scored after about 30 seconds or something.

Went for an early PPP at HT and Chesterfield eqalised then left a few minutes early to get the bus and latics scored the winner.

It was only when i got in my mum had said we had won !!