Posh Preview

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph says Chris O'Grady caused no end of problems for Posh when a Rotherham player at the start of last season. The centre-forward's bulky frame and decent technical skills helped The Millers to a resounding 3-1 win at Millmoor. He is not a prolific scorer, but he is an excellent foil for the pacier Lee Hughes.

Son of Taggart said: "There is a fear factor about facing my players because they are so good going forward. It certainly affects the way teams approach matches with us, but Oldham love to play football and go forwards so I'm expecting a cracking game of attacking football.

"That should suit us, but they have players we need to keep an eye on as well. I fancied Oldham to be challenging for promotion before the season started so what they have achieved so far doesn't surprise me.

"I was with John Sheridan the other week and he was clearly impressed with our forward players. Not just because of their ability, but because of their work-rate."

But, although Oldham manager John Sheridan has a lot of respect for Posh, he insists his side will fight fire with fire tomorrow.

Sheridan said: "Darren Ferguson has done a great job at Peterborough. Boyd, Mclean and Mackail-Smith are three of the best forward players at our level, but as they cost over half a million quid between them, that's no surprise.

"But they hold no fear for my lads. They need to be worried about us as much as we need to worry about them. I have attacking players who can cause them problems. They are on a long unbeaten run, but we have won three of our last four league matches so form is not a concern for me either."

In the MEN Shez said:

"I think they'll be on a high, they're on a decent run and I am expecting a hard game. If we beat them we go above them and that's what we'll be trying to do."

He said: "Even though he hasn't scored Darren [byfield] has been part of the team that's had some good results so I'll have a chat with him. He's an excellent player on his day so I'm sure he'll be wanting to prove something to me by scoring."

fillyourboots.co.uk says Peterborough haven’t won any of their last nine meetings with Latics, and 1970 was the last time they took three points from them at London Road,

The Peterborough Evening Telegraph says Chris O'Grady caused no end of problems for Posh when a Rotherham player at the start of last season. The centre-forward's bulky frame and decent technical skills helped The Millers to a resounding 3-1 win at Millmoor. He is not a prolific scorer, but he is an excellent foil for the pacier Lee Hughes.

Son of Taggart said: "There is a fear factor about facing my players because they are so good going forward. It certainly affects the way teams approach matches with us, but Oldham love to play football and go forwards so I'm expecting a cracking game of attacking football.

"That should suit us, but they have players we need to keep an eye on as well. I fancied Oldham to be challenging for promotion before the season started so what they have achieved so far doesn't surprise me.

"I was with John Sheridan the other week and he was clearly impressed with our forward players. Not just because of their ability, but because of their work-rate."

But, although Oldham manager John Sheridan has a lot of respect for Posh, he insists his side will fight fire with fire tomorrow.

Sheridan said: "Darren Ferguson has done a great job at Peterborough. Boyd, Mclean and Mackail-Smith are three of the best forward players at our level, but as they cost over half a million quid between them, that's no surprise.

"But they hold no fear for my lads. They need to be worried about us as much as we need to worry about them. I have attacking players who can cause them problems. They are on a long unbeaten run, but we have won three of our last four league matches so form is not a concern for me either."

In the MEN Shez said:

"I think they'll be on a high, they're on a decent run and I am expecting a hard game. If we beat them we go above them and that's what we'll be trying to do."

He said: "Even though he hasn't scored Darren [byfield] has been part of the team that's had some good results so I'll have a chat with him. He's an excellent player on his day so I'm sure he'll be wanting to prove something to me by scoring."

fillyourboots.co.uk says Peterborough haven’t won any of their last nine meetings with Latics, and 1970 was the last time they took three points from them at London Road,

didnt they beat us in the fa cup at home when their keeper had stormer, i know it wasnt in the league?

craig dudley scored a cracker and took us to a replay

Don't think there will be a harder away fixture all season...including Leicester.

If the right Oldham team turn up today I think we could suprise them but if we aren't on top of our game and they bang one in early I fear the worst.

Think we have to start Byfield with Hughes up front and Smalley on the right side. In defence I would rest Gregan and play Hazell and Stam.

This match more than any other will determine whether or not we are good enough to go up automatic!!!

Come on you Blues!!!!

didnt they beat us in the fa cup at home when their keeper had stormer, i know it wasnt in the league?

craig dudley scored a cracker and took us to a replay

Yeah, we we scored midway through the second half and pineapple head scored a late, late equaliser. The replay at BP saw Posh score very early on and saw Mark Tyler* their keeper put in a Martin Taylor type performance to secure an away tie at Chelsea in Round 3.......they lost 5-0 and laughed all the way to the bank.

*two or three saves in particular from recently signed David Eyres were superb!