Sheridan to Leeds?

What are the odds of this story being in the Sunday rags tomorrow, Gary Mac is under pressure and if names are to be thrown about then Shez's is bound to be, it still baffles me why he has his doubters at BP though. I think the only job at the moment which might tempt Shez would be the Sheff Weds job.

Rumour that Shez is about to buy out his contract and join Leeds. Anyone else heard this? Next manager? Liddle & Dux.

The thing is why would he go to Leeds when they are in a worse position than us. Plus they are only 7/8th still a good chance of promotion. The only reason he would go there is because of the money. He is still a inexperienced manager and would be a big risk.

The thing is why would he go to Leeds when they are in a worse position than us. Plus they are only 7/8th still a good chance of promotion. The only reason he would go there is because of the money. He is still a inexperienced manager and would be a big risk.

It's not where they are now but what he could achieve with them. Shez with Oldham could bring us championship football maybe, with Leeds he could take them to the Premiership and beyond and be at a club he's fond of.

It's not where they are now but what he could achieve with them. Shez with Oldham could bring us championship football maybe, with Leeds he could take them to the Premiership and beyond and be at a club he's fond of.

if shez can pull it off this season and get us into the champion ship he will be held in such regard as big joe and what he achieved.

if he gets us inot the championship and given the correct backing and buys the right players there is no reason why he cant take us into the premiership again..

just because leeds have bigger crowds and more money doesnt mean they have a better chance than anybody else.

going off a post off the link shez isnt that good of a motivater is he if we cant beat the 'lesser teams' good point today will we get three points on sat? I for one wont give a crap if he goes to leeds if we had got points off the 'lesser teams' we would be top of the league now!! Not being negative just being realistic!!!!

going off a post off the link shez isnt that good of a motivater is he if we cant beat the 'lesser teams' good point today will we get three points on sat? I for one wont give a crap if he goes to leeds if we had got points off the 'lesser teams' we would be top of the league now!! Not being negative just being realistic!!!!

there is a certain element of truth in that....however i believe he is addressing this situation,and recent results speak for themself....

the one thing he and the team lack is consistency...we just dont know which team is going to turn up....

i think he has done better than most managers we have had in recent times,my only real concern is his transfer policy..for every 4 players he brings in we get 1 good one.

just because leeds have bigger crowds and more money doesnt mean they have a better chance than anybody else.

Course they have a better chance for those very reasons. If they used their resources properly they have far more potential than we have currently.

Number of promotions McAllister has won = 0

Number of promotions Shez has won = 0.

The only place shez will get another job is at the same level at best. He has achieved nothing so far, so until he does, no club with any sense will poach him.

They are at the same level

Leeds Waccoe Board has a poll running for their choice for next manager:

Billy Davies - 26.62%

Gus Poyet - 14.29%

Aidy Boothroyd - 14.29%

John Sheridan - 12.99%

Simon Grayson - 6.49%

Iain Dowie - 5.19%

David O Dreary - 5.19%

Joe Royle - 2.6%

Gary Speed - 0.65%

Steve Cotterill - 0.65%

Other - 11.04%

Some quotes:

"Sheridan ALL the way"

"Only Sheridan, of that bunch. Whether he's up to managing a club like Leeds compared to the low expectations around Oldham is another matter"

"Could anyone explain what Sheridan has done as a manager that's worthy of such praise?

He's a decent enough manager, but there are far better ones out there. McAllister is proving that sentiment counts for nothing. "

"2nd Choice: John Sheridan- Doing a fantastic job at Oldham, tatically aware and think he would do wonders with the squad he would have available here. Oldham only have 16 fit players at the minute yet still pick up points against good teams"

"Sheridan for me. Has the "pedigree" with the fans that is allowing Macca to balls up this season for us with only slight grumblings of complaint, BUT has proved that while he can't get Oldham out of this :censored: hole, he's done well to get them there or thereabouts.

Who knows? With a decent team and some backing, he might just do it"

"I have my doubts about Sheridan as he has no experience of getting a team promoted"

I think it wouldn't be a wise move for Shez at this moment as a promotion with Oldham this year will probably help set up his future managerial career. A move to Leeds would bring a LOT of pressure and if he didn't do the business as fast as Leeds think they should, then he'd be back to square 1 with a dint in his name as a manager.

"Only Sheridan, of that bunch. Whether he's up to managing a club like Leeds compared to the low expectations around Oldham is another matter"

Cheeky sods lol.

"Could anyone explain what Sheridan has done as a manager that's worthy of such praise?

With them on that.

He's a decent enough manager, but there are far better ones out there. McAllister is proving that sentiment counts for nothing. "

Astute

"2nd Choice: John Sheridan- Doing a fantastic job at Oldham,

I don't think improving from 8th to 6th with the investment made by the owners is fantastic.

tatically aware

:lol:

Oldham only have 16 fit players at the minute yet still pick up points against good teams"

Really?

"Sheridan for me. Has the "pedigree" with the fans that is allowing Macca to balls up this season for us with only slight grumblings of complaint, BUT has proved that while he can't get Oldham out of this :censored: hole, he's done well to get them there or thereabouts.

Strange contradictory post.

Who knows? With a decent team and some backing, he might just do it"

He's got that here. Let's see if he can!

"I have my doubts about Sheridan as he has no experience of getting a team promoted"

The exact reason wy he won't go to Leeds.

I think it wouldn't be a wise move for Shez at this moment as a promotion with Oldham this year will probably help set up his future managerial career. A move to Leeds would bring a LOT of pressure and if he didn't do the business as fast as Leeds think they should, then he'd be back to square 1 with a dint in his name as a manager.

I think you're spot on.

Edited by opinions4u

I don't really want to give any credibility to the rumour which i suppose i am in replying but ive got to say shez has assembled a great squad which has taken time, a blend of young players bursting with potential many of whom rolled up from the youth team (Eardley, Taylor, Allessandra, Smalley, Lomax etc.. ) and old heads (Hughes, Lidds, Gregan) who all seem to be pretty close knit and get on well.

I believe were on the verge of being successful, why on gods green earth would he swap all them factors for 100% instant expectation and starting over again from scratch. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Like was said only place i can see him going in present circumstances is Sheff Weds.

Leeds just swan about thinking they can pick and bloody choose, naming all sorts - causing maximum disruption, and unsettling teams.

Bed, wrong, of, side....?

Have Leeds actually come out and said they want Shez ?? It's just speculation from the fans and media at this point isn't it ?

They make me sick. I detest everything about Leeds...

You're a man close to my heart....we all hate Leeds, we all hate Leeds, we all hate Leeds repeat with gusto x 1000