ok so the ref was terrible but

yes the ref was an absolute joke but did his decisions only spur us on to get something out of the game, if it was a definate penalty and they would have scored from it we would have been 3-0 down by half time, but fleming saved it the fans went mental and it seemed to spur the team on. Great spirited fightback against a capable but LUCKY, JAMMY posh side

Edited by dean 1984

yes the ref was an absolute joke but did his decisions only spur us on to get something out of the game, if it was a definate penalty and they would have scored from it we would have been 3-0 down by half time, but fleming saved it the fans went mental and it seemed to spur the team on. Great spirited fightback against a capable but LUCKY, JAMMY posh side

100% Dean, I think I made that comment at half time - possibly to you and Murray. We definitely had that seige mentality after they went 2 up. It was us against the world.

For once we all pulled together, instead of getting on the players back and it worked.

We were brilliant and I was so proud to be a Tic yesterday, I just wish it could be like that every week home and away, where every one gets behind the boys instead of all the moaning!!

We definitely had that seige mentality after they went 2 up. It was us against the world.

For once we all pulled together, instead of getting on the players back and it worked.

We were brilliant and I was so proud to be a Tic yesterday, I just wish it could be like that every week home and away, where every one gets behind the boys instead of all the moaning!!

There was no problem with the acoustics on that terrace. :bluearmy:

That single :zigga: was a classic moment! :grin:

Explain?!

In case Markoasis's explanation is unclear, one lad shouted :zigga::zigga: , to which we all responded with ATHLETIC ,and then the lad was silent, to the sound of much laughter and the lad's embarrassment. "Some cheeky bugger" then took over and did the :zigga: full chant, much to Markoasis's disgust, as he likes to do it himself! :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

In case Markoasis's explanation is unclear, one lad shouted :zigga::zigga: , to which we all responded with ATHLETIC ,and then the lad was silent, to the sound of much laughter and the lad's embarrassment. "Some cheeky bugger" then took over and did the :zigga: full chant, much to Markoasis's disgust, as he likes to do it himself! :grin:

I saw his face when the other lad did it, he looked like a kid who'd had his sweets nicked :lol:

What was Hughes booked for? Anyone enlighten me?

I'd call it a, "forwards tackle." He was a bit late going in after a player who was carrying the ball out, often wouldn't have been a card but there were worse decisions on the day.

Cheers Andy.

Just wondered as it is effectively his 9th of the season in 21 games, though the 2 cards at Northampton were negated by the red and it's suspension. Whilst I think he's been stupid in getting booked for dissent, I do think he gets VERY little protection from the match officials and hardly ever gets the benefit of the doubt from what I've seen.

Edited by danoafc

Apparently, after one or two players had a go at the ref for the bad penalty decision he refused to speak to anyone properly over any decision he made from then on including the captain who is within his rights to request explenations. He might as well just picked up the ball and said "Its mine and im taking it home".

Cheers Andy.

Just wondered as it is effectively his 9th of the season in 21 games, though the 2 cards at Northampton were negated by the red and it's suspension. Whilst I think he's been stupid in getting booked for dissent, I do think he gets VERY little protection from the match officials and hardly ever gets the benefit of the doubt from what I've seen.

he's an easy target for both officials and opposing players .... refs see it as an easy booking i reckon - esp. in situations like last weeks following chrissy ttt's elaborate tumble

There was no problem with the acoustics on that terrace. :bluearmy:

That single :zigga: was a classic moment! :grin:

:lol: that did make me laugh!

Agree with the first point .. after the 2 penalties and the tackle on Jonesy you sensed it riled the lads and really fired up ... when we were 2 down we said that a draw is very much achievable, it was crucial to to pull atleast one back by HT.