Yet gave away a penalty that was right to be given, but unecessary for Stam to concede with a push.

Didn't go to the game so cannot comment on rest of performance, and generally think Stam (with Ruben alongside) is a great defender for us. But watching the replay on TV, a slight push is made. Gives the ref a decision to make..

Yet gave away a penalty that was right to be given, but unecessary for Stam to concede with a push.

Didn't go to the game so cannot comment on rest of performance, and generally think Stam (with Ruben alongside) is a great defender for us. But watching the replay on TV, a slight push is made. Gives the ref a decision to make..

If your going to be as picky as that, let's start on Fleming. Coming flying out of his goal and diving to prevent McLean going past him. Gives the ref a decision to make.

No? Didn't think so.

Bloody hell, 2 penalties conceeded and an own goal. (yeah, rock solid and water tight)

Must be our best central defensive partnership since Jobson and Barrett. (long may it continue or at least until Stam is released at the end of the season).

Dear God. Save us from the armchair supporters!!!

Did you not read any of the posters comments who actually went to the game? The common denominator is how well the defence played.

Stam needs a good run in the side...he always seems to be covering for injuries or getting injured himself.

A fully match fit Stam is more than good enough for this division.

The own goal ( if you can call it that ) wasn't his fault, he made a genuine attempt to block the shot and was unlucky...these things happen once or twice a season.

For me both penalties were a joke..Stam hardly touched the guy and there were no appeals at all from the Peterboro'players.

Fleming clearly took the ball before the man and for me it was definitely inside the area ...I think the ref just bottled it!

We're blessed with three very good central defenders at this level who would walk into most sides in this division, it could also be worth giving Thompson a fresh start as he's getting very good reviews at Notts County.

If the lad comes back it could be like signing a new player!!!

Absolute tosh. I saw it at the match and I've seen it on t.v- no penalty.

Actually he got Rubes out of a mess in about the third minute when Hazell was beaten on the byline , the ball pulled back and Stam hoiked it clear from a very dangerous position in the six yard box.

They did both play well overall yesterday but can't help thinking that if it had been Gregan that had made that poor header back to Fleming , he would have beenabsolutely slated.

I like Stam and think he is a great player and these days I would have in ahead of Gregan in a partnership with Rubes as the first choice.

However still think it was a penalty - soft one, maybe, but still a penalty. But I would not chastise him for it - it happens at times.

Complete and total crap!

I was yards away from it no peterborough player appealed for that none of the crowd appealed for it everyone was gob smacked. If your going to give penalties for things like that then games will just decend into penalty shoot outs as you will be getting 10 penalties a game.

Complete and total crap!

I was yards away from it no peterborough player appealed for that none of the crowd appealed for it everyone was gob smacked. If your going to give penalties for things like that then games will just decend into penalty shoot outs as you will be getting 10 penalties a game.

Complete and total crap? Is that OWTB speak for "I disagree and my opinion is..."?

Not a cast-iron penalty decision I agree, but its the type of seemingly inocuous challenge that gets free-kicks in the centre circle on a regular basis. For me, watching it 3 or 4 times, I can see why it was given. Seen others given in the past as well.

But you disagree - fair enogh.

Absolute tosh. I saw it at the match and I've seen it on t.v- no penalty.

Actually he got Rubes out of a mess in about the third minute when Hazell was beaten on the byline , the ball pulled back and Stam hoiked it clear from a very dangerous position in the six yard box.

They did both play well overall yesterday but can't help thinking that if it had been Gregan that had made that poor header back to Fleming , he would have beenabsolutely slated.

Correct, it was terrible defending from Rubes!!!

Stam and Reubes were solid yesterday against what will arguably be the best strikeforce we will come up against all season.

Nothing he could do about the deflection. It could of gone anywhere.

Solid is taking it a little far .... they were ok. They handle their strikers well when they ran at them, although didn't think they were tested that much in the second half.

The one major concern for me (of the whole teams performance yesterday) was these two, they both put themselves into trouble a few times with poor headers that when straight to their midfield and also seemed to panic on the ball on occasions which also led to giving it away.

Missed Gregans distribution for me. Lomax had a great game keeping their winger in check .... again he's not the best distributor of the ball and we know Eards is prone to the odd stray pass.

Correct, it was terrible defending from Rubes!!!

Solid is taking it a little far .... they were ok. They handle their strikers well when they ran at them, although didn't think they were tested that much in the second half.

The one major concern for me (of the whole teams performance yesterday) was these two, they both put themselves into trouble a few times with poor headers that when straight to their midfield and also seemed to panic on the ball on occasions which also led to giving it away.

Missed Gregans distribution for me. Lomax had a great game keeping their winger in check .... again he's not the best distributor of the ball and we know Eards is prone to the odd stray pass.

Peterborough had a quick forward line. Gregan would have been shown up for pace. I think we needed Maher on to help Allott. Out of the 4 defenders, Eardley was, in my opinion, the weak link. He consistantly let his winger slipped by him by diving in unlike Lomax who held his winger in check.

If your going to give penalties for things like that then games will just decend into penalty shoot outs as you will be getting 10 penalties a game.

I wish you'd been reffing the Fans' game down at Northampton :wink:

This CBs played well I thought. The deflection doesn't mark Stam down at all in my book, pure bad luck. You might say that he did well to get something in the way of it. That, and an absurd penalty were the cause of both goals, against a very dangerous side. I've been down on Stam for his form the last couple of years although I like his attitude and commitment to the club, as it stands I would keep him and Hazell in. When Gregan is right though he's still amongst the top 2 on the team sheet.

Dear God. Save us from the armchair supporters!!!

Did you not read any of the posters comments who actually went to the game? The common denominator is how well the defence played.

You f :censored: g cheeky :censored:.

Armchair supporter?

ST holder for over 30 years and usually get to about 10/12 away games every season.

What an absolute :censored::censored: you are.

I wasn't at saturday's game but have seen the goals from the game, I never said Stam was at fault for the own goal what I said was, if you read the post properly, is that conceeding 2 penalties and an own goal in each game does not constitute a rock solid water tight central defensive partnership, although you might think it does I still do not.

I also stand by my comment that Stefan (The Rock) Stam will not be at the club next season.

Edited by Hometownclub

Complete and total crap? Is that OWTB speak for "I disagree and my opinion is..."?

Not a cast-iron penalty decision I agree, but its the type of seemingly inocuous challenge that gets free-kicks in the centre circle on a regular basis. For me, watching it 3 or 4 times, I can see why it was given. Seen others given in the past as well.

But you disagree - fair enogh.

Well a more diplomatic way of putting it would of been I disagree strongly

I had a very good view of the incident and if anything was more incensed by it than for the first one Stam really was trying to put Mickail Smith off by challenging him rather than fouling him so I wouldn't say it was unecessary.

Anyway as you say we will disagree opinions etc

Well a more diplomatic way of putting it would of been I disagree strongly

I had a very good view of the incident and if anything was more incensed by it than for the first one Stam really was trying to put Mickail Smith off by challenging him rather than fouling him so I wouldn't say it was unecessary.

Anyway as you say we will disagree opinions etc

Football is all about points of view etc.

Just wondered if you'd seen the incident on TV since seeing it live at the game? And if so, have you had chance to watch it a few times and in slo-motion?

Not sure where which goal the Latics fans were, but I'd guess as you had a good view it was the stand behind that goal.

The TV picture would probably give a view more representative of that the referee got on the day - and when you see incidents from different angles thay can appear completely different.

A possible reason for those at the game being much more certain it was a bad decision.

Football is all about points of view etc.

Just wondered if you'd seen the incident on TV since seeing it live at the game? And if so, have you had chance to watch it a few times and in slo-motion?

Not sure where which goal the Latics fans were, but I'd guess as you had a good view it was the stand behind that goal.

The TV picture would probably give a view more representative of that the referee got on the day - and when you see incidents from different angles thay can appear completely different.

A possible reason for those at the game being much more certain it was a bad decision.

Well I saw it on the championship and still dind't think it was a pen if I see it again on Big League Weekend and I change my mind. Then again I was trying to spot myself I'm in front of the flag at the front behind the goal.

You f :censored: g cheeky :censored:.

Armchair supporter?

ST holder for over 30 years and usually get to about 10/12 away games every season.

What an absolute :censored::censored: you are.

I wasn't at saturday's game but have seen the goals from the game, I never said Stam was at fault for the own goal what I said was, if you read the post properly, is that conceeding 2 penalties and an own goal in each game does not constitute a rock solid water tight central defensive partnership, although you might think it does I still do not.

I also stand by my comment that Stefan (The Rock) Stam will not be at the club next season.

Touched a nerve there!!! Apologies Homer, don't know you or your circumstances!!!

And I stand by my point that you have not listened to what the posters who went have said about the defensive partnership. The concensus of opinion is that the defence played well against a good team. You have taken no account of the poor refereeing that we, who went, observed. You have made your comments based on a scoreline and a few minutes of television which hardly constitutes an informed position in my opinion.

Also, it is immaterial the fact that you are a ST holder for 30 years etc., etc., etc. I can't make Tuesday night games and if I'd have made the sort of comments you have made about Latics against Walsall or Scunthorpe then I would have been villified on here and rightly so.

I reluctantly agree about Stam and next season because at the moment I genuinely believe that the Hazell/Stam partnership will, if given the opportunity, take us to a higher position.

Touched a nerve there!!! Apologies Homer, don't know you or your circumstances!!!

And I stand by my point that you have not listened to what the posters who went have said about the defensive partnership. The concensus of opinion is that the defence played well against a good team. You have taken no account of the poor refereeing that we, who went, observed. You have made your comments based on a scoreline and a few minutes of television which hardly constitutes an informed position in my opinion.

Also, it is immaterial the fact that you are a ST holder for 30 years etc., etc., etc. I can't make Tuesday night games and if I'd have made the sort of comments you have made about Latics against Walsall or Scunthorpe then I would have been villified on here and rightly so.

I reluctantly agree about Stam and next season because at the moment I genuinely believe that the Hazell/Stam partnership will, if given the opportunity, take us to a higher position.

What coments were these? What did I say after Walsall and Scunthorpe that was so shocking? (matches which incidentaly I did attend).

Effectively from watching Saturday's Highlights/Lowlights, Hazell cost us a penalty with a diabolical header back to Fleming which could well have got Fleming sent off (Different result altogether I suspect if he had been sent off).

A push by Stam which also cost us a penalty.

Rock solid and watertight my arse.

Call me old fashioned but conceeding two penalties in any game will make it a struggle to get a result.

It is immaterial that I didn't attend the game on Saturday as I have seen the video replay of these incidents several times and my comments are based on the video I did see.

Talking of touching nerves, have you calmed down yet from someone mischievously :naughty::peepwall: voting Gregan MoM against Northampton?

By the way I suspect Stam will be offloaded in the summer regardless of which division we are playing in next season.

Edited by Hometownclub

What coments were these? What did I say after Walsall and Scunthorpe that was so shocking? (matches which incidentaly I did attend).

Effectively from watching Saturday's Highlights/Lowlights, Hazell cost us a penalty with a diabolical header back to Fleming which could well have got Fleming sent off (Different result altogether I suspect if he had been sent off).

A push by Stam which also cost us a penalty.

Rock solid and watertight my arse.

Call me old fashioned but conceeding two penalties in any game will make it a struggle to get a result.

It is immaterial that I didn't attend the game on Saturday as I have seen the video replay of these incidents several times and my comments are based on the video I did see.

Talking of touching nerves, have you calmed down yet from someone mischievously :naughty::peepwall: voting Gregan MoM against Northampton?

By the way I suspect Stam will be offloaded in the summer regardless of which division we are playing in next season.

Badly worded on my part, Homer. I didn't attend those games so I haven't commented on them.

The second one was still not a penalty in my eyes as the ball was spinning away from the goal and the forward was trying to re-adjust his position to make contact.

And yes the nerves have calmed down due to copious amounts of Black Sheep Bitter, London Pride, Lamb Rogan Josh and a couple of bottles of Argentinian Malbec followed by a good, snory nights sleep.

I would like Stam to remain and hope that he gets an extended runout like last year to prove his worth. But, like you, don't think it'll happen.

If Stam had not implimented the extra year in his contract he would not be at Latics this year. I know of one Division one club who put in a bid for him in the summer.

P.S Homer, know you were a little annoyed with being called an armchair supporter, but there wasn't a need for that outburst mate.

If Stam had not implimented the extra year in his contract he would not be at Latics this year. I know of one Division one club who put in a bid for him in the summer.

P.S Homer, know you were a little annoyed with being called an armchair supporter, but there wasn't a need for that outburst mate.

I apologise for my outburst, although I was rather miffed to say the least to be called an armchair fan when I've been freezing my nads off at BP for over 30 years and in my defence I didn't use any bad language and censored my own post accordingly with :censored:'s, but point taken Mark.