Peterborough Report

The report is now online.

This week's report features laminators, unintentional comedy classics and a picture of a posh man. You don't get that on the BBC :grin:!

Ernieflag - Posh Report

Good report as ever, although should Norm be given credit for saving the first penalty? He was nowhere near it for me!

Nice to meet you guys on Saturday, and keep up the good work.

The Posh mascot was a wonderful throwback to the 60s!

Thought the whole Peterboro set up was a friendly one and it was a good day out. Father Christmas in with the Latics fans handing out sweets, a proper terrace, hard fought match, driving rain, outrageous ref, great comeback, etc.

The last time I was at Peterboro - 1969 and we got beaten 8 - 1 !

Edited by LaticsPete

Mr Posh was deffinately a strange character.

He came and introduced himself to both Beardy and myself before the game, he then started telling us about how he loved the club but deffinately didnt like a certain Mr Fry.

I asked him how long he had been doing it, he said "Ive been here man and boy and i love it". I said that was amazing to keep going all that time, he replied with "yes i know, 20 years ive been doing it, and its my 65th birthday next week". WOW, a 45 year old boy :grin:

And to top it all off, the rabbit came in to get ready, and the first thing he said was "i dont even support these, im a united fan". Thsi was made even more funny by the fact he told us he was from Cheadle in the most London accent imaginable.

And to top it all off, the rabbit came in to get ready, and the first thing he said was "i dont even support these, im a united fan". Thsi was made even more funny by the fact he told us he was from Cheadle in the most London accent imaginable.

I've always thought that 'Peter Burrow', the rabbit, was a pathetic mascot, and now I know why - he's probably a relative of Taggart! :grin:

BKAM_PETERBOROUGH_PETER.jpg

P.S. Note for OldhamSheridan: Spleen well and truly vented! :grin:

i noticed there are still a stand with no seat's in (away fans ) thought all grounds have to be seats only?

No Bob, it only applies to the top two levels of English football, and even then a number of years is allowed for compliance if the club concerned is applying for planning permission for or building a new stadium.

When we were in the top flight we had to spend all the money on seating BP, instead of on players as in the case of those clubs with new stadia planned.

It's typical of Latics to find ourselves in the right place at the wrong time. :disappointed: