A few thoughts on team selection

Yes we are still in sixth position and can give teams like Peterborough a good run on their own patch but we still need another striker in the January transfer window - and that assumes Hughes stays.

Byfield - that debate is elsewhere on this board - but will he score goals?

O'Grady - one for the future?

Then there is the question of the midfield - Lee and Stephens - will they ever get a chance?

Trotman back on loan?

At least we get to see Fleming for a few games.

And finally - Chrissie Taylor - if he goes then I hope it is for a decent sum - but I wish he would stay...

Yes we are still in sixth position and can give teams like Peterborough a good run on their own patch but we still need another striker in the January transfer window - and that assumes Hughes stays.

Agreed

Byfield - that debate is elsewhere on this board - but will he score goals?

Will he ever get any service from anyone in the midfield? Did some great work on saturday, however didnt get a sniff at the net due to yet more abysmal service

O'Grady - one for the future?

yes

Then there is the question of the midfield - Lee and Stephens - will they ever get a chance?

Why are people obsessed with them getting a chance? Shez has stated they are both ones for the future... why is everone so hung up on them starting when we supposedly have more senior and able midfielders in the squad. My prime concern would be getting them playing - especially the currently very very average Danny Whitaker.

Trotman back on loan?

Why dont we let him get fit again eh? Perhaps might be the first step.

At least we get to see Fleming for a few games.

Ugh - Honestly - see comments on stephens and Lee

And finally - Chrissie Taylor - if he goes then I hope it is for a decent sum - but I wish he would stay...

Yet again, one of those pointless posts which assumes the young squad players will be better than the first teamers - on no basis what-so-ever.... I agree that perhaps the forst 11 needs freshening up... and may be enforced on us in the new year... but why this desperation to throw in unproven kids...

I'm not the biggest fan of sheridans selections or tactics... however he is sensible enough not to throw in someone like stephens to get savaged by the fans before he is ready.... just because they were signed from other teams doesnt mean they should be starting.

Yet again, one of those pointless posts

Cheers BigTitLatic

which assumes the young squad players will be better than the first teamers - on no basis what-so-ever.... I agree that perhaps the forst 11 needs freshening up... and may be enforced on us in the new year... but why this desperation to throw in unproven kids...

The post said nothing about throwing them in - merely giving them a chance - from the bench maybe?

I'm not the biggest fan of sheridans selections or tactics... however he is sensible enough not to throw in someone like stephens to get savaged by the fans before he is ready.... just because they were signed from other teams doesnt mean they should be starting.

Again nothing said about them starting.

As responses go - this one illustrates how some people read what ever they want and then post to show how little they know.

I'll file your response under 'S' for Sad Muppet :huh:

Again nothing said about them starting.

As responses go - this one illustrates how some people read what ever they want and then post to show how little they know.

I'll file your response under 'S' for Sad Muppet :huh:

:lol:

Cheers BigTitLatic

Thanks for the personal abuse. I wont lower myself to that. But that has just made only one of us out to be the sad muppet.

Next. Enjoy your time sat in the corner, not posting.

Thanks for the personal abuse. I wont lower myself to that. But that has just made only one of us out to be the sad muppet.

As an impartial reader of this post I would say 'The Big Dog' was spot with his assessment of you and your response, or am I also making a pointless post? :sign0003:

Byfield and Hughes work well together upfront, wouldn't mind Byfield staying on, get him here until the end of the season.

Wouldn't say there's much wrong with the team at the moment, just seems a bit of a struggle to get consistent performances out. Shez for me has chopped and changed a bit too much as it is.

Here's how I'd have it against Orient

Fleming

Lomax Hazell Stam Eardley

Taylor Whittaker Allott Smalley

Hughes Byfield

Quite right - apologies for the personal stuff - I'm sat in the naughtycorner as penance - but still thought the post wasn't that pointless... unlike Orient Saturday :grin:

Edited by TheBigDog

Byfield and Hughes work well together upfront, wouldn't mind Byfield staying on, get him here until the end of the season.

Wouldn't say there's much wrong with the team at the moment, just seems a bit of a struggle to get consistent performances out. Shez for me has chopped and changed a bit too much as it is.

Here's how I'd have it against Orient

Fleming

Lomax Hazell Stam Eardley

Taylor Whittaker Allott Smalley

Hughes Byfield

I'd have Lidds in for Smalley and swap the fullbacks around (i.e. Eards at rb and Lomax at lb) but apart from that, spot on.

More interesting is who will be on the bench - will he go without a keeper? If so then we should see O'Grady, Smalley, Alessandra or Stephens, Maher & Lee

Edited by TheBigDog

I think the reason for the chopping and changing for Saturday was all about handling Peterboroughs' pacey attacking players. Orient will be a different side, they'll more than likely be playing 2 sets of 4 and let us bring the game to them, personally I'd like to see a 5 man midfield for such a game I dont think the overlapping full-backs are working