Injuries & Loanees

The rarely wrong Chron reports:

Jones: Latics have to wait until the swelling goes down before a scan can take place which will then reveal the extent of the injury, but physio Marc Czuczman has virtually ruled out a break. There is every likelihood he has kicked his last ball for us although Shez would like to keep him.

Crossley: The 'temple's' hamstring was hurt in training on Thursday, but the injury was kept a closely-guarded secret. He is likely to be out for up to three weeks. He assisted Tommy Wright in the technical area on Saturday. Shez said “He is part of my coaching staff and is very clever. He knows the game inside out and I told him to go with Tommy and, if he saw anything, to point it out.”

Gregan: His bad mouth has got worse, as it has become infected and he is on antibiotics.

Byfield: Sherz is keen to extend his stay for a second month and held talks with him after the match.

Jones: Latics have to wait until the swelling goes down before a scan can take place which will then reveal the extent of the injury, but physio Marc Czuczman has virtually ruled out a break. There is every likelihood he has kicked his last ball for us although Shez would like to keep him.

Crossley: The 'temple's' hamstring was hurt in training on Thursday, but the injury was kept a closely-guarded secret. He is likely to be out for up to three weeks. He assisted Tommy Wright in the technical area on Saturday. Shez said “He is part of my coaching staff and is very clever. He knows the game inside out and I told him to go with Tommy and, if he saw anything, to point it out.”

Gregan: His bad mouth has got worse, as it has become infected and he is on antibiotics.

Byfield: Sherz is keen to extend his stay for a second month and held talks with him after the match.

Shame about Jones. Has been excellent in the time he has been with us.

Shame about Jones. Has been excellent in the time he has been with us.

Agreed.

Would be very happy to see DJ signed up on a permanent deal at BP. Hopefully this can be done, and will not have to be reliant on the departure of Taylor (though I think he could do a job on the wing).

Agreed.

Would be very happy to see DJ signed up on a permanent deal at BP. Hopefully this can be done, and will not have to be reliant on the departure of Taylor (though I think he could do a job on the wing).

yep but as a winger and not LB .... Lomax's defending was FAR FAR superior on saturday

I'd like to see Jones back if possible but we have Paul Black possibly? Not sure if he is injured himself at the moment but I've heard good things about him, must be pushing for a first-team spot in the very near future.

Just having a few problems with the injury he got. Think it was mentioned in the Chron last week he was having another operation.

Official site

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Just having a few problems with the injury he got. Think it was mentioned in the Chron last week he was having another operation.

Official site

Maybe not Black then for a bit, think to have Jones any longer we'd have to sign him permanently or loan him until the end of the season. Would be happy enough to see Lomax at left-back for now, think he plays better with Taylor infront of him.

I'm slightly surprised he wasn't put on antibiotics to begin with as I had a similar injury and was put on some antibiotics prophylatically but maybe that's a 50/50 decision.

The rarely wrong Chron says:

Jones: Wolves have recalled him so they can take charge of his recovery from injury.

Byfield: Waiting to hear whether Donny will agree to another month's loan.

Black: Had successful operation to fix a longstanding ankle problem and is recovering at home.

The rarely wrong Chron says:

Jones: Wolves have recalled him so they can take charge of his recovery from injury.

Byfield: Waiting to hear whether Donny will agree to another month's loan.

Black: Had successful operation to fix a longstanding ankle problem and is recovering at home.

Cheers.

Shame about Jones - really liked him.

Byfield - not managed to see him play yet!

I'm slightly surprised he wasn't put on antibiotics to begin with as I had a similar injury and was put on some antibiotics prophylatically but maybe that's a 50/50 decision.

He probably was, but they were general ones, not specific to Greegs, and they're not working. So now they're trying some more.

Byfield's loan period extended to 10th January, as reported on the other thread.

However, there is a 24-hour recall clause in the new deal in the event of Donny needing his services. That is something which is not permissible in the initial month. So he could be recalled suddenly over the busy post-Christmas period,