Manchester North End

http://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/ro...stard-rochdale/

I wonder who taught the dale fans this little gem.

:blink:

Tony Ellis. Class act! :)

Where did the Yorkshire version that we sing with so much vigor originate from ?

First place I heard it at was Oldham at Millmoor a few years back I think...but where did it originate from ?

Somebody's probably now going to pipe up and tell me that the song's older than Diego Sideburns and then I will feel like a numpty. I can't honestly recall hearing it pre...say...2005. The anti-Yorkshire songs before then seem to have been 'You Dirty Yorkshire.....' (the first football song I remember ) or that one about going to the pub get plastered, go sign on, beat the wife, dirty Yorkshire...

Edited by Yard Dog

Where did the Yorkshire version that we sing with so much vigor originate from ?

Somebody's probably now going to pipe up and tell me that the song's older than Diego Sideburns and then I will feel like a numpty.

Can't answer your question, but there's no need for you to feel like a numpty, as it's not older than me.

Can't answer your question, but there's no need for you to feel like a numpty, as it's not older than me.

Time itself will be relieved at not having to feel like a numpty :wink:

The "go down pub, beat up wife," was the product of hilarious comedy duo Hale and Pace around the late 80s/early 90s, and was aimed at Northerners in general. They had to cancel a lot of gigs as they were going to get kicked in IIRC.