Julie at Luton

Wayne Andrews playing at Luton from what I saw on BLW (reasonable piece on our game in the programme as well).

Surprised he is now in League 2. Thought he was at least a League One / Championship player - would have been happy to have him back at the club to be honest.

Guest sheridans_world
Hugely overrated by many Latics fans. A trier with pace, who won a lot of penalties but has failed miserably to make it at a higher level.

As was Jermaine Johnson and look where he has ended up.

The resident Wednesday fan at work says he is consistantly good.

As was Jermaine Johnson and look where he has ended up.

The resident Wednesday fan at work says he is consistantly good.

As does that "fat, useless and slow" geezer Leon Clarke

And that too "greedy, thinks he is better than he is and he's a snapper we'd be better off without" Richie Wellens..

Guest sheridans_world
As does that "fat, useless and slow" geezer Leon Clarke

And that too "greedy, thinks he is better than he is and he's a snapper we'd be better off without" Richie Wellens..

Well our resident Wednesday fan doesnt give Clarke as good a write-up as JJ <_<

He's fat, useless and slow.

Our Resident fan does say he's lost some weight though, so just useless and slow.

I aint going to bang on about that Brentford game again. <_<

I didn't mind Clarke and I know this is foreign to some, given some of our love for players who work their nuts off, but aren't prolific - but Clarke does score goals!

As for JJ - had the potential to be a lot better than Andrews imo, as he seems to be showing at a better level now. A very frustrating player, who on his day was frightening

Edited by futchers briefs

I didn't mind Clarke. Not at all. Think we'd have stood a better chance in the play offs had we kept him too.

So nearly two years on from the loan, he is still playing quite regularly at Championship level and his team are in the top half.

Found this on him though from just a few days ago.

Certainly, Clarke could impose his formidable physique more than he does and show closer control. But, in fairness, he is more of a ground player, using strength with speed when he can make a run. And he is a fairly adept finisher.

So where does Clarke go from here? A few weeks ago he was more than available with Wednesday looking to make a saving on his substantial wages and bemoaning the fact that the only interested clubs - from the lower leagues - couldn't afford him. If Laws remains non-committal it is largely because one of the overriding factors behind Clarke's limbo state remains in place; his inability to win over the fans or, put another way, their unwillingness to give him an even break.

Interested lower league clubs? Hmm.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Guest sheridans_world
he doesnt even get in the team

He's played 64 games in 22 months for them. (Including summer months, take out May, June and July then its 16 months.) Which is four games a month.

Doesnt get in the team, bah.

He's played 64 games in 22 months for them. (Including summer months, take out May, June and July then its 16 months.) Which is four games a month.

Doesnt get in the team, bah.

Is he injured or somethin then? Hasn't played in last 3.

From BBC:

Chris Waddle says Sheffield Wednesday winger Jermaine Johnson has the potential to play at a higher level.

Waddle told BBC Radio Sheffield: "The difference between him and a lot of players in the lower leagues is consistency and the final ball."

The former England and Owls winger says the 27-year-old has "terrific pace".

"What lets Johnson down is the end product, whether it's a shot or a cross, that's the difference between playing higher," added Waddle.

Nothing new there then.

"What lets Johnson down is the end product, whether it's a shot or a cross ...,"

The trick with old Jermaine "Tolberone Boots and a 50p head" Johnson is trying to work out which is whihc with him.

Know a few Wednesday and Bradord fans who think he is brilliant - but when questioned admit to comments such as "blistering pace", "scares defenders", but also add "shots can be a bit wayward", and "crosses are not his string point".

I didn't mind JJ - players who get you off your feet when they have the ball at theirs are generally worth watching, but I'll be bloody surprised if he makes it any higher than where he is.