Rooney's Uefa stamp of approval

Last week it seemed inevitable from comments made in the media that Wayne Rooney would be in trouble after he was accused of deliberately stamping on Aalborg's Kasper Risgard, leaving marks on his chest. Uefa confirmed that it would assess the incident, which was missed by the referee, and it looked like Rooney would almost certainly be banned for the beginning of the knockout rounds in February.

I haven’t seen the incident, but it appeared from all the media comments that Rooney was guilty as charged and needed to clean his act up, particularly with England in mind.

Taggart declined to offer an opinion, but felt that Rooney's case had not been helped by numerous re-runs on television. "I am not going to discuss Wayne Rooney," he said. "You press guys have created most of it. You are not getting anything from this club at all on Wayne Rooney. That is it, finished." From that I assumed that the re-runs proved the case for the victim.

However, after studying video evidence of the incident, Uefa has decided not to charge Rooney. Is anyone who has seen the incident surprised at Uefa’s decision or has justice been done?