Stockport Allocation

It was GMP's decision to restrict the number of Tics they would allow to attend the game. GMP did not want excessive amounts of away supporters in Stockport on a Friday night, the presence / general attitude around the bars before the game clearly showed that.

Latics fans who got attacked in the ground had themselves to blame as they sat in the home end. You know if you go into the oppo's end you run the risk.

No fault lys with Stockport.

Fair enough but SCFC and the Police have a duty to prevent a recurrence - what steps have they taken to weed out the offenders from the video evidence and get banning orders on them? We should be told.

If the offenders have not been banned and turn up at BP, there are some who will seek reprisals.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found lots more clips (from a dutch user) after the game, stop straight behind the incident clearly showing the faces of two/three stockport fans running in throwing puches / kicks .... funny enough they ran away when the Police arrived and the cluips have now been remove. Not sure if I downloaded them though.

So the Police told Stockport to restrict our allocation so as to prevent trouble, and now they are telling us to give them the big section for the same reason. Nice one, Dibble :bobby::dunce:

Well, the banks caused the credit crunch with their lending in the good times, so what's the government's solution?

Lend more in the bad times!!!!

It was GMP's decision to restrict the number of Tics they would allow to attend the game. GMP did not want excessive amounts of away supporters in Stockport on a Friday night, the presence / general attitude around the bars before the game clearly showed that.

Latics fans who got attacked in the ground had themselves to blame as they sat in the home end. You know if you go into the oppo's end you run the risk.

Rubbish - The vast majority of fans that went in the home end did so and there was no problem, People wanted to see the match as we were unbeaten, sitting pretty on the top of the league - If we'd have had the same number of tickets as previously there wouldn't have been an issue - the stewarding and policing was attrocious so you cannot say they were blameless

Rubbish - The vast majority of fans that went in the home end did so and there was no problem, People wanted to see the match as we were unbeaten, sitting pretty on the top of the league - If we'd have had the same number of tickets as previously there wouldn't have been an issue - the stewarding and policing was attrocious so you cannot say they were blameless

not blameless, but at the same time it was the HOME end ythey went it!

Well, the banks caused the credit crunch with their lending in the good times, so what's the government's solution?

Lend more in the bad times!!!!

Nearly as crazy as if they were responding to a shortage of money available to lend in the markets due to crazy excessive borrowing in the past by borrowing countless billions themselves now.

Not fault of Stockport !!!!

Of course it was - half the Stand we were in at the side was empty.

County knew we wanted more tickets and could have given us at least another 1500.

Amazing - When were at home the police tell us to give county the big side of the Stand - They wont fill it but then again neither will we.

Double standards all the time.

Not fault of Stockport !!!!

Of course it was - half the Stand we were in at the side was empty.

I don't think this is being denied.

County knew we wanted more tickets and could have given us at least another 1500.

Not if the unfilled part of that stand held less than 1500 they couldn't. I believe 900 is nearer the mark.

Not if the police said "NO" in rather clear terms.

Amazing - When were at home the police tell us to give county the big side of the Stand

I think they've learned their lesson. But the power of the police in allowing football matches to actually take place at all should not be underestimated.

- They wont fill it but then again neither will we.

Oldham Athletic will make more money by doing things this way. Simple as that.

Double standards all the time.

No. Simply realising there was a cock up at Edgeley Park and ensuring it isn't replicated at Boundary Park.

Edited by opinions4u

Can you honestly see Stockport fans getting attacked in the Chaddy End for celebrating a goal? Because I can't. Why make excuses for a bunch of bullying nob-heads? How can rugby fans manage to watch a game sharing a stand without assaulting each other and we can’t?

I can’t believe people think they got what they deserved, that mentality is typical of Latics fans.

They were the best supported away side in League 2 last season.

Not sure if that was measured on 'number of people in away enclosure' or total crowds at games they played in though.

To the shame of the townsfolk of Oldham, County get bigger home crowds than Latics.

Past experience definitely tells me the away following they bring to BP is :censored:e. Credit to them for averaging 900 every away game last year - good effort.

Looking at avergae home attendances since the 03/04 season, only once have they averaged more than us and that was last year...granted they've been in L2 since 05/06

Can you honestly see Stockport fans getting attacked in the Chaddy End for celebrating a goal? Because I can't. Why make excuses for a bunch of bullying nob-heads? How can rugby fans manage to watch a game sharing a stand without assaulting each other and we can’t?

I can’t believe people think they got what they deserved, that mentality is typical of Latics fans.

Haven't there been two incidents of serious assault against Latics fans by Latics fans in the last year or so? I wouldn't be so quick to presume that it wouldn't happen against Stockport fans. I dare say that the more, "organised," boys wouldn't be getting involved in that but there would be plenty who might.

As for, "deserved," - no. Poor judgement doesn't deserve a kicking. People should accept though that if they put themselves in a dangerous position they may encounter danger. In the away end - gob shut as much as you can possibly manage.

Haven't there been two incidents of serious assault against Latics fans by Latics fans in the last year or so? I wouldn't be so quick to presume that it wouldn't happen against Stockport fans. I dare say that the more, "organised," boys wouldn't be getting involved in that but there would be plenty who might.

As for, "deserved," - no. Poor judgement doesn't deserve a kicking. People should accept though that if they put themselves in a dangerous position they may encounter danger. In the away end - gob shut as much as you can possibly manage.

Looked to me like some (perhaps not all) of the Latics fan in that particular part of the Cheadle End got what they went looking for.....a good scrap.

If police limited the tickets why didn't SCFC just come out and say so. They may have took advice and listened to the police but they were also involved in the decision.

As for if Stockport fans came into the chaddy I dont think it'd kick off the way it did there. They may get a crack but I don't believe there would be people running over to get involved like we saw at Edgeley Park

Yes, although more chance of this happening in the Rocky these days. Why did most of the Latics fans not make there present known in the Cheadle and yet the ones attcked did ??? Our guys were looking for it .. and they certainly got it. did they deserve it probally not .... but they were in the HOME end ... simple as.

Rugby a world away from football ..... and still I've seen plenty of truoble at RL games over the years. Funny thing mostly from clubs who have no football team such as Warrington. Funny that.

As for if Stockport fans came into the chaddy I dont think it'd kick off the way it did there. They may get a crack but I don't believe there would be people running over to get involved like we saw at Edgeley Park

To agree with Mark, maybe not to the same degree in the Chaddy right now, although they'd certainly have got a crack in there in past years. You are in fantasy land if you think it wouldn't go off in the RRE though. We have several hundred fans who are entirely focused on the opposition fans. Many of whom are intent on confronting stewards and police at every opportunity. If I've seen a dozen younger teenagers run after a copper calling him all sorts when he was removing a grown-up who they plainly idolised, I have no doubt that a couple of people running down for a kick off with a couple of Stockport fans would be followed by dozens of muppets who wanted a piece of the glory, and a few of them would actually have the balls to do something when they got there.

If police limited the tickets why didn't SCFC just come out and say so. They may have took advice and listened to the police but they were also involved in the decision.

If my memory serves me rightly, they did. Can't find the link though. Interestingly Leeds fans will get the whole stand. Clearly a lesson has been learned.

Right, so your saying we have a slightly more honourable class of hooligan. That's okay then!

I never mentioned we had more honourable hooligans, just dont think they'd be the same number of people getting involved. If they'd come into our end and celebrated I'd want to crack one, but I just don't have that mentality to actually do it.

As for the kids in RRE like you said Mark I doubt most of them would have the bollocks to actually do anything. They stare at away fans and give em :censored: but if you took the saftey of the moat away they would be running the other way

If my memory serves me rightly, they did. Can't find the link though. Interestingly Leeds fans will get the whole stand. Clearly a lesson has been learned.

Well burger me! Who'd have thunked it? OAFC request more tickets as the originals sold out quickly, we have a track record of filling their away end and Stockport County (after liaising with the police) say no?

How much are we paying these football intelligence geniuses? FFS! Every Latic I talked to that night was remarking on how damned obvious it was that we would have lots of fans in the home sections and that there WOULD be bother if/when we scored.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the decision made by County may well have been partially fuelled by spite as they had accused us of being 'difficult' over negotiations to move the game from 3pm on the Saturday.

Well burger me! Who'd have thunked it? OAFC request more tickets as the originals sold out quickly, we have a track record of filling their away end and Stockport County (after liaising with the police) say no?

How much are we paying these football intelligence geniuses? FFS! Every Latic I talked to that night was remarking on how damned obvious it was that we would have lots of fans in the home sections and that there WOULD be bother if/when we scored.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the decision made by County may well have been partially fuelled by spite as they had accused us of being 'difficult' over negotiations to move the game from 3pm on the Saturday.

Leeds have got the whole of the poplar side and the railway end behind the goal. around 4000 in total i think