Droylsden Tonight!

Guest sheridans_world

Abandoned!!!!

After 72 minutes - floodlight failure.

Someone smells a fix. Its gotta be a record*, the next game will be the fourth attempt at settleing this tie!

*Since multiple replays were stopped

Guest sheridans_world
Seriously?????

Yup

Beeb

They are screaming sabotage on the Chesterfield forums, hardly suprising really.....

You'll remember the first game was abandoned due to fog, the second game controversially drawn 2-2 (with the 'gifted' goal) and so lead to the replay. The third game abandoned tonight with the fourth game to settle the tie.

I'm not accusing Droylsden of foul play, it may well be perfectly innocent. But knowing what Droylsden and Dave Pace in particular are like it really wouldn't surprise me if it turned out not to be. Can't stand the man or the club, arrogant and scant regard for the spirit of the game.

Latics have a bit of history with them as well and we refuse to play them in friendlies now. Last time we played one there Droylsden started flying in like mad men at every opportunity, there were some shocking challenges flying in and they were just generally dirty. Tony Philliskirk took charge on the night, can't remember the exact year but presumably it was during the period that he was assistant manager if he was working with the reserves. Anyway he was fuming, Pace didn't care and we subsequently said we wouldn't play them in a friendly again, which we haven't since.

I'd normally always root for the underdog in game like this but as It's Droylsden I hope Chesterfield spank them when it gets replayed (again!)

Guest sheridans_world
I'm not accusing Droylsden of foul play.....but as It's Droylsden I hope Chesterfield spank them when it gets replayed (again!)

I've never heard any of this before, I was actually rooting for them and considered going along tonight. Its not that I dont like Chesterfield (have a bit of a soft spot for them for some reason, no idea why!), but I liked the idea of a small local team going through.

Back and WOW!!

Droylsden didnt play to bad and were unlucky to be two down both sides had great chances but what followed can only be discribed as Justice!

Droylsden were leading when their game was called off but tonight was proper funny, the lino was being spat at constantly and really sulked (as you would) he refused to run the line at one point lol

Then Mr Pace pluged in the christmas lights and bang!! lmfao

Next fixture is a quid so get down there proper entertainment!!

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Droylsden were leading when their game was called off but tonight was proper funny, the lino was being spat at constantly and really sulked (as you would) he refused to run the line at one point lol

Only me that fails to find any humour here?

Disgraceful antics by the sound of things.

Back and WOW!!

Droylsden didnt play to bad and were unlucky to be two down both sides had great chances but what followed can only be discribed as Justice!

Then Mr Pace pluged in the christmas lights and bang!! lmfao

Next fixture is a quid so get down there proper entertainment!!

Don't agree Kyle, thought Droylsden were pretty poor and didn't really look a threat going forward. There 2 best players were the right back and Jamie Tandy (Ex City) when he came on. Tipton still doesn't do a lot either. Don't get me wrong they did a couple of nice inter-plays but once in the final third they looked like they didn't know what to do.

Oh and Richardson has piled on the pounds haha

Don't agree Kyle, thought Droylsden were pretty poor and didn't really look a threat going forward. There 2 best players were the right back and Jamie Tandy (Ex City) when he came on. Tipton still doesn't do a lot either. Don't get me wrong they did a couple of nice inter-plays but once in the final third they looked like they didn't know what to do.

Oh and Richardson has piled on the pounds haha

Of cigar fame?